SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Arby's at it again w/ awesome looking sandwichs
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Arby's at it again w/ awesome looking sandwichs Login/Join 
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Americas Roast Beef, Yes Sir.

Every once in a while I get a hankering for a Beef and Chedder. Then I eat one or two. Then I wonder why I just did that because the meal wasn’t very satisfying.

BTW: an Arby’s commercial will make me change the channel faster than a fly jumping out of your oatmeal. I can’t stand them.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toms:
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
When Arby’s first opened I recall that the roast beef came from...get this, an actual roast. They used to have a display on the counter of a roast, hanging in chrome chains, that I believe was slow cooking, right in front of us. They were the best—by far.

The RB sandwich sucks now

I remember those days too!
I trust the meat from a gyro trailer at a fair more than I trust the meat like substance Arfies calls Roast Beef.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23221 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
We must be lucky. Our Arby's is excellent they make a great Ruben.. And right now we have gyros I prefer the chicken one.

And no one makes a better fish sandwich than Arby's unless it is a fish restaurant.

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9071 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
Thanks. Now I want a roast beef sandwich.

Yep. And I want a liter of cola.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
We have two. One is the pits, the other is consistent. Best chocolate milkshake in town when the machine works.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Witticism pending...
Picture of KBobAries
posted Hide Post
I wonder if a cousin of mine is to blame. He's a professional photographer in the midwest and, among other things, does food photography for menus and ads. He has a fully operational commercial/professional kitchen in one part of his studio.

We talked about it one time and it was an eye-opener. He told me clients will bring hundreds, and sometimes thousands, of dollars worth of food which is thrown out after it's used or donated if they got the shots they wanted before going through it all. The perfect hamburger shot can take hours. Buns are inspected under a magnifying glass to ensure even placement of sesame seeds and multiple spray bottles with different nozzles are brought for spritzing just the right amount of water on tomatoes, lettuce etc. A few dozen or more burgers will be grilled and rejected because they lost their shape or the grill lines aren't perfect. Put it all together then throw it away and start again because the cheese didn't melt evenly.

Aren't there truth in advertising laws on the books? Wink

I'm not as illiterate as my typos would suggest.

Posts: 3529 | Location: Big city, SW state, alleged republic | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tk13:

Sadly, all the RR restaurants in the area are gone.

Wrong!! There's still one open here. Its over in Milford, pronounced Milllllll-ferd. Get into your mobile speedster and head east around 275 to exit 59. As you go past it, you'll see the familiar hat, but not the words Roy Rogers. Its now called Roney's, but it has the same taste and even the good fries. Try it, you'll like it.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Actually Rooney's has been here all along. They had just signed on to the expensive franchise and old Roy croaked. They just changed the name. Yes, its on our weekly places to eat. Grandkids love it and know it as the "french fry store".

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:

“Need 1 roast beef sandwich, it’s for a cop”

Big Grin

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Haven’t been there for years. I like Wendy’s and Whataburger and Culver’s. Unfortunately, the last 2 require a road trip.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
Keep seeing the ads and want, but they're all closed up around me.

Posts: 1347 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I gotta wonder what a $3.75 Iowa Arby's burger costs in SanFrancisco ?

( $8.00 ? or so)

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54612 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
Does anyone remember the original Arby's fries? It was like they put instant mashed potatoes from a dispenser above the oil and they came out with a very tender center.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Our Arby's is excellent they make a great Ruben.

well, it's an OK Reuben. To get to a higher level, they need to learn that the bread needs to be grilled.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:

“Need 1 roast beef sandwich, it’s for a cop”

Big Grin

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
after I quit eating the various gooey sauces on the fast food offerings, the taste of the 'whichever' sandwich leaves a lot to be desired;

I just can't eat the sweet BBQ stuff & without that the Arby meat was dreadful when I last tried 'em, about 5-6 years ago.

There is a small chain called "Rigobertos" that has a spectacular shredded beef burrito.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I don't mind Arby's. The nearest one is a 40 minute drive so I don't get there much.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5036 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Does anyone else dip their Arby's sandwiches in ketchup or am I the only weirdo? Big Grin

You could be out there...best to keep a low profile. Ahem..you know some people like ketchup on different foods Roll Eyes

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Arby's is my third favorite fast food joint after Chick-fil-a and Carl's Jr. The "cheddar" sauce is kind of meh, but I love the flavor of the beef.

Posts: 7262 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
The last time I ate at an Arby's (several years ago) I had their ribs, which were pretty good. However, lately for ribs I've been eating them at one of the local Dickie's restaurants--their ribs are incredible! (Their brisket is pretty good, too.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post