SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Arby's at it again w/ awesome looking sandwichs
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Arby's at it again w/ awesome looking sandwichs Login/Join 
posted
What if the food you get, actually looked like the ad's.

Whom ever they have doing their commercial's must be the best in the business .

They get me want to go back to Arby's , on a regular basis.

Ive been there ten times in 7 years, they keep sucking me back in.

50% of the time it was ok, three times were very good and three times were very disappointing

its like I want to take a ball bat with me to inspire them , or perhaps snap them back to why the are getting paid.

how they stay in business, beats me?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54633 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
how they stay in business, beats me?

Especially considering how expensive they are.

Their curly fries are pretty damn good, though.

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
They have the meats.

Which is why cold, greasy fries and buns with a thumbprint pressed into them are fine in their book.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Now I want a roast beef sandwich.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Yes because a Wendy's double and a Burger King Whopper look exactly like the pictures in the ads when you unwrap them.

One advantage of sushi Big Grin

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd take Arby's over Mcdonalds, BK, and Wendy's any day of the week. Their sandwiches are a step better in quality.....

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Does anyone else dip their Arby's sandwiches in ketchup or am I the only weirdo? Big Grin

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
Thanks. Now I want a roast beef sandwich.

Arby's is roast beef only in the technical sense. However, when they were still around, Roy Rogers Restaurants had REAL roast beef, and it was delicious. They also had the best bbq sauce in the world. Sadly, all the RR restaurants in the area are gone.

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
When Arby’s first opened I recall that the roast beef came from...get this, an actual roast. They used to have a display on the counter of a roast, hanging in chrome chains, that I believe was slow cooking, right in front of us. They were the best—by far. I recall a promotion for their Jamocha shake, just a dime to introduce you to the flavor. Still like ‘em.

The RB sandwich sucks now

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Jack in the Box seems to be the only fast food place that makes an effort to give you food that looks like the ads.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Does anyone else dip their Arby's sandwiches in ketchup or am I the only weirdo? Big Grin

Arby's Horsey and BBQ sauces for me.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My compliments to the photographer. I actually like the french dips.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
Arby's is the processed cheese food of roast beef.

I've always wondered if Jamocha shakes were flavored with diluted dip-spit or a failed cleaning product.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
They had a pork belly sandwich that was INCREDIBLE. I wish they would bring it back. I am always happy with beef and cheddar's.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
When Arby’s first opened I recall that the roast beef came from...get this, an actual roast. They used to have a display on the counter of a roast, hanging in chrome chains, that I believe was slow cooking, right in front of us. They were the best—by far.

The RB sandwich sucks now

I remember those days too!

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3110 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our experiences are similar to Bendables. The most recent was in Rapid City. My wife had one of the newest 3, a Brisket, and I tried the Cuban. The only thing that resembled a sandwich in either was bread with sort of meat. Been many years since I tried an Arby's and that was in Iowa City, so it appears as though location is not a factor. As previously stated when they used a real roast it wasn't bad, but that was so last century.

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Love their roast beef and their Apple Turnovers.

Don't be a hater!

The last Roy Rogers on Old St Rt. 74 moved down near Target and Wal-Mart in Milford and was renamed Rooney's

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like their fish sandwich and getting it Nashville hot style is the way to go and I love the potato cake(hash brown).

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but they have jalapeno poppers and bronco berry sauce...so, we're good.

Posts: 1971 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Their fish sandwich is pretty good. Decent quality as it’s seasonal.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post