SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Overkill?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Overkill? Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Damned straight!!!

Nobody needs two bikes.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43866 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tequila with lime
posted Hide Post
There is no such thing as overkill. There is only open fire and I need to reload.

Thank you President Trump.

Posts: 8366 | Location: KS, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
If I had my garage door up and any of my neighbors noticed I had that much ammunition, I am absolutely sure they would call the authorities. And, since I live in the PRK, I bet the authorities would come - in riot gear to steal all of it. You know - for the good of the community.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just a bunch of empty cans. Razz

Posts: 1153 | Location: western, Washington | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
That may be some slab-cracking goodness right there.

That was my garage back in the 90's. Ammo was plentiful and inexpensive. 1440 rd cases of 7.62x39 standard and steel core were $69 and I had trucks backing up in my driveway with forklifts. 5.56 was as low as .13 cents a round by the pallet.

I used to move a lot back then, about every year, in two adjacent municipalities.

The saying goes, "A friend will help you move a body. A true friend will help you move in Arizona in July."

I would inevitably ask a friend or two to help me move. They'd agree. I told them I had one condition.

They had to come over before the move to be 'briefed'.

All of my stacks and pallets were covered, both for dust mitigation and to shield from prying eyes. When I would remove all of the sheets and tarps, they would ask, "What is all this?"

"Ammunition."

"What are you going to do with all of it?"

"I don't know. Start a revolution. Take over small country. Hold off most major police departments for three weeks. Intimidate the cartels. Name it a tribute to Bill Clinton."

I even moved it myself a few times, using just my K5 Blazer. 5+ trips, stacked to the roof. I never thought about the axle weight. It was WAY overloaded. The distance was always less than 10 miles. Talk about suspension sag. I was contemplating purchasing an ex-patriated 5-ton military truck at one point.

I decided to simplify. Reduced the caliber choices, went to reloading to be able to crank out what I needed ad hoc, and realized I had no friends. Roll Eyes

Nowhere near that today.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
If I had my garage door up and any of my neighbors noticed I had that much ammunition, I am absolutely sure they would call the authorities. And, since I live in the PRK, I bet the authorities would come - in riot gear to steal all of it. You know - for the good of the community.

Thread drift, whatever happened to the thousands of guns and ammo from the guy in California that died in his car?

Posts: 635 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by homie:
Thread drift, whatever happened to the thousands of guns and ammo from the guy in California that died in his car?

The family won the court battle with the government and were getting it returned to them.

To be destroyed.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jager,

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post