SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Question For Charlotte People
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question For Charlotte People Login/Join 
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted
Friday morning I will need to get from the Embassy Suites on Hammons Drive in Concord to the Charlotte Airport. My flight is at 1:15. Is it best to take 485 instead of 85? Thanks.

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
The 485OL will actually add 5 miles to your trip but at that time of the day, have a little less traffic..

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
That time of day 85 could be 10 minutes faster.

That time of day 85 could be 20 minutes longer.

That's not a typo.

I go from NE charlotte area to airport area multiple times a week. I always take 485 without question.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11444 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
485 was my guess, but I wanted some expert advice. thanks

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
If you have time sit in the rocking chairs at the airport. Nice time killer to people watch.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Will try the chairs

Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
You are good to go traffic wise. 27min either way you go. You can sit in the chairs and watch the runway which is kind of neat.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7057 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
The trip worked out fine, but no time to try the chairs.