SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Alternative to AARP
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alternative to AARP Login/Join 
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
I just went around with United Healthcare through AARP regarding a refund. At first was told two weeks, back in my checking account. Three subsequent phone calls, each time a different story. Finally almost five weeks a check was mailed. I did get a call back from AARP after I called and complained to them additionally.

All I can say is that if the Advantage Plan I signed up for is unsatisfactory (so far so good) United will definitely be out of contention.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridgerat:
Another AMAC member here, for over five years.

I receive mail from aarp on a regular basis. I take all the inserts, stuff them into their provided envelope, and mail it back to them at their expense.
I will have to start doing that!

I often thought about asking them to take me off their list, but then thought "Why not let them waste their money?" Now I can help them waste it.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2079 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TRshootem:
Aarp...an insurance business with flashy member 'benefits' to justify the outrageous cost of their products. Far too many seniors get sucked into their web. When my folks both were passed, the amount of money we discovered they paid out to Aarp was sickening.

They are the Franklin Mint of benefits hawkers.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
My wife and I were AARP members. United HealthCare had the lowest premium for the Medicare Supplement plan that we wanted.

At the time, we were told that we had to be AARP members in order to get that plan.

Much like many of y'all, I do not agree with their politics, but for an essential cost that is going to continue year after year, I choose not to pay higher premiums just to make a point.

Note that AARP membership is required to qualify for the health insurance plan initially; membership is not required to keep the plan going, once you have it. My wife and I are no longer AARP members, but we keep the Medicare plan, as it has the most comprehensive coverage at the lowest cost.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
Just joined AMAC. around $60 for a 5 yr membership.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post