SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Alternative to AARP
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alternative to AARP Login/Join 
The Velvet Voicebox
posted
AARP is of course not even considered. What other organizations do we like? Taking a good look at AMAC. Anybody a member?

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7652 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
AMAC. Not so much to it so far, but it ain't AARP!!!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20301 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
I have been an AMAC member for the last five years. I just renewed my membership last week.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Screw the AARP! They are nothing but an extension of the liberal, progressive democrat party. I don't shop, frequent or engage with any business, organization or entity that supports, promotes or inspires to the democrats.
I have heard that AMAC is a decent alternative to AARP.

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another vote for AMAC.

You've got to know what to do when you don't know what to do.

Posts: 364 | Location: SML-VA | Registered: November 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I am getting to that life stage and can't stand the aarp.

Posts: 11811 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Is there really a need to be part of an organization? I told AARP to take me off their mailing list, and to never contact me again. That was five years ago, and I have not seen one piece of junk in the mail from them since.

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
So what's the benefit of joining AMAC? Why should I join?

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16486 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Only AMAC

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
So what's the benefit of joining AMAC? Why should I join?

They lobby/promote conservative causes that are important to seniors (including the 2nd Amendment). They have some membership benefits but I don't know those are the reason to join.

Your question is like asking "what's the benefit of joining the NRA, why should I join?".

https://amac.us/about-us/

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
Aarp...an insurance business with flashy member 'benefits' to justify the outrageous cost of their products. Far too many seniors get sucked into their web. When my folks both were passed, the amount of money we discovered they paid out to Aarp was sickening.

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Another AMAC member here.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6368 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cousin Vinnie:
Screw the AARP! They are nothing but an extension of the liberal, progressive democrat party. I don't shop, frequent or engage with any business, organization or entity that supports, promotes or inspires to the democrats. I don't shop, frequent or engage with any business, organization or entity that supports, promotes or inspires to the democrats.
I have heard that AMAC is a decent alternative to AARP.
Which is the very reason I am with Humana for my medicare and not United!!!

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
I just got a mailing from AMAC. I do have a lot of grey hair but I'm not yet 50.

Join anyway?

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cousin Vinnie:
Screw the AARP! They are nothing but an extension of the liberal, progressive democrat party.

Thank you for that -- I've never looked into it, but I had no idea AARP was a politically-oriented organization.

God bless America.

Posts: 13420 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You don't get lot's of Junk Mail? Join AARP and you soon will.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old of a Cat,
to be licked by a Kitten
Picture of Klusk2
posted Hide Post
Not sure how I got on their list, they keep sending crap, even when I ask them not to.

The Working Police.....
"We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful."

Posts: 2514 | Location: "Mag"azine Mile | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Klusk2:
Not sure how I got on their list, they keep sending crap, even when I ask them not to.

One way to get a friend back from a joke pulled on you is to submit their name and address to AARP.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4810 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Late to the party here I'm going to sign up with AMAC. I'll see how it goes with them.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
Another AMAC member here, for over five years.

I receive mail from aarp on a regular basis. I take all the inserts, stuff them into their provided envelope, and mail it back to them at their expense.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2828 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post