SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Pellet Pistols?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pellet Pistols? Login/Join 
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Saw a neat idea on a pipe feeder stand. Guy put a loose spring on it around the pipe stand. Every time the squirrel got half way up, he grabbed the spring and it went right back down to the ground, and he had to start all over again. Might still be on utube, worth a look.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Slinky bird feeder vs squirrel

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A3WuIsUCmXo

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Got the P1322 yesterday.

Promptly watched about an hour of Ewe Toob videos on upgrades.

May just have been the guy I picked to watch, but it looked to me like he spent a great deal of time and probably a wad of money on stuff that gained him around 5 to 10 FPS on the velocity and maybe a little accuracy. He actually lost velocity when he put the steel breech on, but he did say he needed to match the transfer port sizes and chamfer them. Lotta work.

I'm thinking I'll just leave it alone. If I need more power/accuracy, I have the Single Six and a red dot...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15231 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Flat top piston, hammer spring, pump lever hinge, bolt and longer barrel are all worthwhile.

The upgrades allow the gun to be pumped to higher pressure than a stocker and make each pump more efficient. My 1322 will get close to 650 fps on 20 pumps. Longer barrel helps, and a beefier hinge will really up the durability too. Heavier hammer spring will make sure the valve releases all of the gas.

These are all things that can be done easily and cheaply over time.

Posts: 5136 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Finally got my 1st cottontail - a month after buying a Crosman Shockwave .22 NP pellet rifle.

They come out from the brush to the lawn around sunset (plus or minus) so the plan is to be out there and ready before they come out.

The 1st time one came out I wasn't loaded and he took off when I was loading. Two other times I shot and missed. The rest of the time either 1) they come out early and I'm not out there yet, or 2) I sit there for an hour and they don't come out at all.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:
Flat top piston, hammer spring, pump lever hinge, bolt and longer barrel are all worthwhile.

The upgrades allow the gun to be pumped to higher pressure than a stocker and make each pump more efficient. My 1322 will get close to 650 fps on 20 pumps. Longer barrel helps, and a beefier hinge will really up the durability too. Heavier hammer spring will make sure the valve releases all of the gas.

These are all things that can be done easily and cheaply over time.

Sources?

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15231 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I may pick up that Sig P320 CO2 pistol when it comes out.

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Theres a crosman forum with some very good info but the moderator is a nazi. Gatewaytoairguns has a subforum for these guns. Again, good info but everyone has a broomstick jammed up their ass.

you can get parts here:
http://alliancehobby.com

http://www.mac1airgunshop.com/...ategory.aspx?id=1826

LOTs of small shops cater to these guns. Ill try and dig up more links tonight.

Posts: 5136 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Alliance hobby is expensive compared to other options. Factory parts can be bought by phone from Crosman with $4 shipping but you need to know the part numbers from their schematics.

Here's what I have in my pumpers... no piston or valve work.

P1322 .22
-P1322 .22 American Classic pistol
-1399-510 shoulder stock
-2240SBPK steel breech kit
-2300-010 LPA rear sight
-2300-012 black trigger shoe
-Cothran DC-150/DC-154 stainless extended probe bolt w/ rear magnet & barrel style handle
-AlchemyAirWerks 3D barrel band (for stock 10.25" barrel length), solid pivot pin w/ 1/16" SS hex screws, & brass sight pin
-UTG .22/Airgun to Picatinny/Weaver Low Pro Snap-in Adaptors
-Crosman CenterPoint 3x32 scope #72001 w/1" picatinny rings (on sale at Cabelas)
-Pipe insulation foam cheek rest

1300KT .177 Custom Shop
-P1300-999 base assembly
-P1300-113 18" .177 barrel
-P1300BLK-124 black shoulder stock and forearm
-AS2550A013 steel breech
-2300-017 brass trigger shoe
-2300-123 2300S competition nickel plated extended bolt w/ rear magnet
-2400-100 brass muzzle brake
-SOBOT (dba mrssobut ebay) Pear shaped brass bolt handle with steel threads
-AlchemyAirWerks solid pivot pin w/ 1/16" round flat head brass screws
-3 ea Traxxas 5x8x0.5 PTFE washers installed on pivot pin
-Sniper AG25M4 1" dovetail scope rings
-Tasco 4-16x40AO MAG IV scope SKU# W416X40 (pulled out of storage)

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16213 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
This is the updated version of the one I got lasst year...

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Cro...e-Synthetic/37001650

Very accurate (if you use locktite on the scope rings) out to 50 yards.
Highly recommend!!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6316 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
This is what I use for these type of problems

look under "special"

stuff is really quiet

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11280 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post