SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Scientific name for pants below the butt..
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scientific name for pants below the butt.. Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted
Yeah, sagging or low riding. Got that from wiki. This is one of those trends, along with people wearing their ball caps backwards, I hope comes to a end. Just saw another extra cool young man wearing those britches way down there. I wanted to get out of my car and tell him what a complete doofus he looks like. Seems we are stuck with this disfunction.

I am wondering if old people can do this? Maybe I would have to buy special jeans and belts? Would I be cooler than the average old person? What would the old ladies think ah? Do I gotta start wearing boxers now?

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I call them "'prison bitch' pants."

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
What would we do with duck tails?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
There are actually several well researched and proven scientific terms for this:
Stupid
Lame
Douchebaggery
Moronic

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is one of those trends, along with people wearing their ball caps backwards, I hope comes to a end.

My Brother is a LEO and he told me once that he hopes this fad lasts forever........He said they're so much easier to catch in a foot chase with their pants around their ankles Big Grin

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
LOL Navy, I can see how that would work.. Big Grin. I wanted to holler out to the kid, Hey yet pants are falling down. Big Grin

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by navyshooter:
quote:
This is one of those trends, along with people wearing their ball caps backwards, I hope comes to a end.

My Brother is a LEO and he told me once that he hopes this fad lasts forever........He said they're so much easier to catch in a foot chase with their pants around their ankles Big Grin

As does my LE son!

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I was in school many years ago the seniors would come up behind underclassmen and jerk their pants down if they were wearing them low. Most times your tighty whiteys went right along with the jeans. Always good entertainment in the hallways between classes. Of course the 60's were a long time ago. In fact fifty year reunion this summer.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2888 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
About every couple years, we have to remember General Larry Platt!~
Pants On The Ground!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12402 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
The Latin name is

Asshangingoutis gayasphuck

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31428 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
There's a lot that goes n to this fashion statement. I started when police seized belt from those in jail. When they got out they went beltless to establish street creed.
I asked some of my students why and usurally got the answer "It's comfortable." More then what I never knew.
Besides the drooping pants you need checkered boxers and usurally nylon basketball shorts.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
The Latin name is

Asshangingoutis gayasphuck

Hang on now, this trend is not "gay."

A gay trend in pants, would be men wearing Daisy Dukes, or assless pants.

Gay men generally have a non-homeboy fashion sense.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:
There's a lot that goes n to this fashion statement. I started when police seized belt from those in jail. When they got out they went beltless to establish street creed.
I asked some of my students why and usurally got the answer "It's comfortable." More then what I never knew.
Besides the drooping pants you need checkered boxers and usurally nylon basketball shorts.

I walked up behind a student and simply stated "your underwear is showing son" and surprisingly he apologized and pulled them up. However, this is not going away, it has been around for a few decades so it will keep going.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3588 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought that the style was included in probation orders to make them easier to collect the next time (I watch Cops).

Posts: 1349 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M-11:
quote:
quote:

As does my LE son!

They also tend to drop their guns or the stuff they just stole while trying to hold up their britches while running. I caught one guy, 21 years old, when I was in my 60's. You should have heard the shit they were giving him in the jail.

Posts: 7016 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
It’s to annoy the people who don’t like it.

And other than to father five or six offspring by the time they’re 18, that’s probably their only success in life.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M-11:
quote:
quote:

As does my LE son!

While this 'style' of urban dress is unsightly, I agree that it works against the dumb bastards who decide to hit and run. Their degraded mobility makes for an easier mark. Wink

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
Not sure, but I believe it's called "Jail'n", as others have commented about belts being taken away while incarcerated. A company that makes gel inserts for shoes actually made a commercial about it, "Are you gellin? Yeah, gellin' like a felon."

I was at a LGS about 2 years ago, buying my 13y/o kid birthday present. Some yutes walk in, pants hung low. The LGS owner, in a wheel chair, told them to pull their pants up or get out. They pulled their pants up, without any smart talk. No Jail'n at my LGS!

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post