SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dr. Seuss a Racist...???
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dr. Seuss a Racist...??? Login/Join 
posted
I am weary of this dreck!

Weary... no, fucking angry. So much so that after a lifetime of defending my black employees and supporting equality, I am on the borderline of becoming a racist! Please--- talk me out of it--- seriously. Dr.Seuss' "Cat in the Hat" racist?

Fuck these people!

http://www.marketwatch.com/sto...re-racist-2017-09-30

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2081 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Here's the 'librarian' who started this nonsense:

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Here's the librarian dressed up as Cat in the Hat:

http://www.masslive.com/news/i...ist_librarian_d.html

And for fun, here's a couple of other virulent racists:

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Roll Eyes

Oops. The eye roll was not at you Bama. Not at all.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7652 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I am so sick of this shit.

Fuck off you liberal hippy douche bags

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If we are getting tired of it, I have to think that the majority of the regular, common sense American folks are doing likewise.....at least I hope so!!

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I don't know whether Theodor Seuss Geisel would be considered racist for it. But during WW2 he published a number of cartoons that were virulently anti-Japanese.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Here's the librarian dressed up as Cat in the Hat:

http://www.masslive.com/news/i...ist_librarian_d.html

And for fun, here's a couple of other virulent racists:

How quick they forget when they find something they can use to attack Trump

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
We need the comet or something so that we can clean up the gene pool a bit. Modern medicine and other 1st world luxuries have allowed for an unhealthy level of contamination.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Gonna take a guess here that the librarian won't accept my gift of "Little Black Sambo", either, then.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
My wife interrupted me while I watching Netflix to impart that little tidbit to me.

I thought she was pulling my chain...then I realize who we were talking about. I shouldn't have been surprised. I'm getting blisters from all the facepalms lately.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Gonna take a guess here that the librarian won't accept my gift of "Little Black Sambo", either, then.

Now, that is funny!!!
tleddy

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2081 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
What needs to happen is for these people who see racism in every tiny bit of minutia to actually experience some REAL racism. Imagine if this imbecilic librarian started being attacked - really attacked - by a group of people who hate her because of her race. Imagine if, because of her race, she couldn't rent in certain neighborhoods or be a patron of certain businesses, or was denied entrance to certain schools, etc. THEN, she'd know what real racism is and shut her pie hole about her perceived slights. She's just as ignorant as can be about what real racism looks like.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
The more everyday normal people on the left and right see this nonsense from the ultra left the more Trump votes will he had in 2020.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25357 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
The more everyday normal people on the left and right see this nonsense from the ultra left the more Trump votes will he had in 2020.

What Black said..

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7652 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Until then, I'm wondering if maybe I should send copies of these books to the idiot in question.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Im gonna send her a couple copies of Colin Flaherty’s books like “White Girl Bleeds Alot” and “Dont make the Black Kids Angry”. That should give her a stroke...

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3440 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:

Another great irony of the race wars and ignorance on the part of those who became incensed by the book without any understanding the story.

Despite its adoption by some African Americans as a convenient target, it was actually about an Indian boy (tigers are not native to Africa). Then there’s the horribly racist message: Sambo “didn’t know what to do” when confronted by the tigers. What does that have to do with the color of his skin? And of course he ended up knowing what to do and tricked the tigers into chasing each other and turning themselves into butter (it was a story, okay?).

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47368 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
I don't know whether Theodor Seuss Geisel would be considered racist for it. But during WW2 he published a number of cartoons that were virulently anti-Japanese.

Today, those would be widely viewed as racist imagery however back then, still racist but important distinction, within socially acceptable boundaries. A point of fact the leftists can't seem to understand, the ability to understand perspective.

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:

Today, those would be widely viewed as racist imagery however back then, still racist but important distinction, within socially acceptable boundaries. A point of fact the leftists can't seem to understand, the ability to understand perspective.

Unit 731. Then complain about racism. It was war.

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post