SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Elaborate college cheating scam! Yay!!
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elaborate college cheating scam! Yay!! Login/Join 
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
Knew this was coming....

Students who did not get in are now suing the colleges that participated in this corruption.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/usc...sions-scandal-report

I was right..
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
I'm guessing there will be a lot of tight sphincters around the country for a while

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Love it. I am not by nature a litigous person, but these suits are entirely appropriate. I hope these colleges face a mountain of these filings.

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
this is so good - making some popcorn and watching...

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53176 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
The video Para posted made an interesting point. Schools had stopped using entry exams because minorities couldn't pass them and they wanted diversity.

SO the answer is dumb down the entire system instead of working with minorities to make them meet the standard?

343 - Never Forget

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Good God, what a dim bulb

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
The video Para posted made an interesting point. Schools had stopped using entry exams because minorities couldn't pass them and they wanted diversity.

SO the answer is dumb down the entire system instead of working with minorities to make them meet the standard?

Public universities still require taking the exam, as compliance audits are pretty aggressive on this (pubic info), where the publics and privates differ in fulfilling their 'diversity strategy' is that area of, 'extracurricular activities'.
As we've seen with the Harvard case where Asian plaintiffs are claiming unfair admissions to minorities at the expense of Asians. Baytron's extra-curiculors of volunteering at the Boys/Girls Club, interning at the social justice non-profit, and organizing a beach clean-up, have more weight than Michael Kim's extra's of winning the district science fair, volunteering at the local senior center and a internship at a known architectural agency.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I'd say her parents got a bargain if it only cost them $500k to bribe that shallow dolt into college.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
But since the goal of today’s colleges is to make shallow dolts of bright kids, she doesn’t even need to go to college!
Look what BU did for AOC!

BTW isn’t it priceless that the Loughlin kid was on the yacht of the chairman of the board of USC when she got the news? And she’s oh so chummy with that guy’s daughter?

The system is rigged!

Posts: 18058 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
parabellum
Peace through
superior firepower

posted March 14, 2019 01:03 PM

The Red Guard would have sent her off to work at a potato farm. Wearing one of those coarse grey unisex Mao outfits with the little cap and digging with a wooden paddle.

God it would have I mean like destroyed her nails!

Which makes me think that maybe the Red Guard had some things right regarding spoiled, corrupt capitalists. Big Grin

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11107 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I think the first lawsuit was brought by a couple Stanford students who are claiming their degrees are diminished due to future employers will wonder if they gained their way into the college by legitimate means or if they got in by the bribery system. Students who didn't get accepted can sue, students who did get accepted but feel their degrees will be diminished can sue and I would suppose graduates will be on the wagon because future employment or promotions will be in jeopardy.

I hope every money grubbin' lawyer descends on these colleges and buries them in their own shit. We will see who's at the bottom of the hill when it stops rolling.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8531 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

That was painful, almost didn't get thru it, complete BS.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think the first lawsuit was brought by a couple Stanford students who are claiming their degrees are diminished due to future employers will wonder if they gained their way into the college by legitimate means or if they got in by the bribery system.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I doubt that lawsuit is going anywhere. The fact that these folks brought a lawsuit does diminish what I think of them, and if people remember their names will hurt their employment possibities.

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Where's a live volcano when you need one, huh?

Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
So, Basically, the people pontificating about how the system is rigged against the little guy are doing the rigging.

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
I hate to admit this, but Singer's Trinity University senior yearbook photo is almost right below mine. The good looking guy at the top of the page (three above Singer) with half his head cut off is yours truly. I never met the guy and I am most certainly not a 'known associate'. Geebus, and I almost went to UT on a scholarship that I actually earned.

Anyway, here's the yearbook scan.

Posts: 1986 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
And now the sponsor firings begin....

343 - Never Forget

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Fired from Hallmark

You didn't really do anything anyway, did you?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Sephora cuts ties with Olivia Jade Link

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12774 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Sephora- I don't know what it is but I'm all for it

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
These parents are the kind that shake their heads as they contemplate the sad reality of "white privilege" over martinis at the club, champion "diversity" and "inclusion", and attack Trump for his racist wall.

I hope the law suits multiply like the numbers of under-paid landscapers and nannies they are hiring these days. I'm hearing of class actions that will have even the guardians of multi-billion dollar endowments like Harvard's and Yale's sweating bullets.

This is just starting to unravel. There is more to come.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11107 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post