SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Elaborate college cheating scam! Yay!!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elaborate college cheating scam! Yay!! Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
As they couldn't make a positive connection to Trump, they allotted slightly less resources to affect the arrests....

…..

….

This boys and girls, is how to get a thread locked prematurely. Roll Eyes

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
As they couldn't make a positive connection to Trump, they allotted slightly less resources to affect the arrests....

This boys and girls, is how to get a thread locked prematurely. Roll Eyes

I doubt the boss is going to lock his own thread.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
LOL

Didn't notice that part....but come on guys, no politics in non political threads...sheesh.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I wonder if any of the students ended up as doctors or lawyers, using their substandard skills to perform vital services for someone?

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wonder if any of the students ended up as doctors or lawyers, using their substandard skills to perform vital services for someone?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This sort of thing does happen. I am surprised how many people are unduly impressed with a doctor's bedside manner which does not always translate into medical expertise. Some of the shyster personal injury firms have some pretty shady academic backgrounds as well. It is pretty much a given if one of your parents is a physician that you have a much better chance of medical school acceptance. There are also foreign medical schools located in such places as Dominica and Grenada.

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
20 to 1 this is not the only such scam going on.

This is the one that got caught. I'm sure that plenty of high powered people have paid their kids way into college

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by saigonsmuggler:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Many of the kids apparently had no idea what their parents were doing.

I know I know, yeah right.

Mom, I scored a 950 on SAT!! Wah Wah
Good news daughter, Yale just accepted you!

Bad new is you have to learn how to row a boat by next week.

Posts: 1995 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
My first reaction is anger having worked my a$$ off in college to make good grades honestly Mad But hearing of it about these types of folks doesn't surprise me in the least. I am glad that from time to time they get nailed for this stuff though.

I work part-time at a ski resort. It's a college town and we have a LOT of students.

There's one sweet young lady, a senior in high school. She's busting her butt to get a track scholarship. On top of that, she's getting the grades AND working part-time to fund her education.

The thought of those pussies getting over makes my blood boil!

Posts: 195 | Location: Smithfield, Utah | Registered: April 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by straightshooter01:
quote:
Originally posted by saigonsmuggler:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Many of the kids apparently had no idea what their parents were doing.

I know I know, yeah right.

Mom, I scored a 950 on SAT!! Wah Wah
Good news daughter, Yale just accepted you!

Bad new is you have to learn how to row a boat by next week.

Not really, you'll just be a name on a roster the coach will say "oh, don't worry about that one", while pocketing $200K. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
I'm shocked

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
And yet you still have the masses with their celebrity worship. Get a grip on reality, these celebrities pay lip service. They look down on us as peasants and they are not subject to the same rules and laws we are. They are better than us.

This is no better, maybe even worse, than those checking a minority box to get a job, get into a school, etc.

Someone who was more qualified was passed up. You know, someone who worked harder and actually deserves the seat.

Posts: 13097 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I love how Loughlin's spoiled daughter posted her "I'm just here to suck dick" video and then had to post her "I'm sorry for revealing to you how very empty I am" video in the wake of her revealing the ugly truth about herself.

Well, guess what, babycakes? Here comes real life, and mommy may end up being a felon, so you try to be supportive of her.

Maybe bake a file into a cake for her in the slammer, somethin' like that.

My guess is that babycakes has no idea how to bake a cake....But I, on the other hand, have a tremendous knowledge of baking.

Have I let on yet that I, also, still have a crush on her mom??? Big Grin

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like Dershowitz. He’s the only intellectually honest liberal. He nails it in that Fox News clip.

Apparently saving in my kids 529 college plan is a chump plan. I should have been saving their bribe money

Posts: 4757 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Full House, season 6, “Be true to your preschool”. Irony 101 Big Grin

The funny condensed version...
https://therealfullhousereview...e-to-your-preschool/

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Can they buy their way past the Bar or the medical boards? I'm saying this sarcastically, but now this becomes a legitimate question.

quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BBMW,

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
The reason this scam was possible is that colleges and universities, including the Ivies, have already sold their souls to their athletics programs, for the money.
It shouldn’t be possible for a coach to point to someone and say “she’s a potential ______ athlete and should be admitted”.
Moreover, the college testing program has prostituted itself to political correctness, so the tests are not as rigorous as they used to be.
Then, of course, the admissions programs are all SJW anyway, denying hard-working Asian students the same chance of admission as rich kids with an Hispanic surname.
It’s all crooked, top to bottom.
I’m glad this scandal has ripped the cover off the whole smarmy business.
I hope the alumni who contribute money to this mess finally get pissed off and tell the schools to fuck off.

Posts: 18049 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I hope the alumni who contribute money to this mess finally get pissed off and tell the schools to fuck off.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
USC does not have an encouraging track record in this regard. I guess we can see if Dershowitz stops donating to Yale, his alma mater.

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
"Fuller Jail House"
"Fuller Big House"

there's got to be a Meme in the making someplace........

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10909 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
It’s all crooked, top to bottom.

I'm about to retire, and glad to be leaving a profession that was once honorable, but has debased itself. There is so much wrong with higher education in America that it needs to be dismantled and rebuilt from scratch, bottom to top.

That's what it needs. Whether this is the beginning of that process-- well, I doubt it. But one can hope.

"BBMW
Big Stack
posted March 13, 2019 09:40 AM
Can they buy their way past the Bar or the medical boards? I'm saying this sarcastically, but now thus becomes a legitimate question."

Once I would have said that the SAT and ACT, along with GRE, LSAT, MCAT, were incorruptible. Who would be surprised now to learn that in fact you can buy your way past the Bar and medical boards?

Exposure of corruption began big time with the Washington, DC Swamp. Since then it seems like corruption everywhere is being exposed on a daily basis: the main stream media, the FBI, CIA, DOJ, IRS, ATF, Hollywood, higher education.

What are kids and young people today, just making their way in the world, supposed to think?

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Didn’t take the scum at CNN any time at all to tie President Trump to the college cheating scandal.

quote:
Originally stated on television by Don Lemon:
A lot of people will point out, and they have every right to do so, that Donald Trump himself is a beneficiary of a system that’s rigged in favor of the elite. Let’s not forget The New York Times investigation that revealed at age three, Donald Trump was earning $200,000 a year in today’s dollars, Lemon told his viewers.

Posts: 13240 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post