SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Elaborate college cheating scam! Yay!!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elaborate college cheating scam! Yay!! Login/Join 
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
This seems to me a conflict between private parties that should be resolved between themselves, or at most in civil court.

quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
[quote]Really, there isn't enough real crime out there for federal LE to waste their time on this nonsense. This is something the colleges should be handling on their own.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Well if this is the case, I am sure they will just throw out the case. I ALWAYS use the above argument when I get pulled over for speeding.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Here's Alan Dershowitz on this:

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/Auvd9daACGg

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
My reaction to learning of this event:

William H. Macy’s reaction to learning they had been found out:

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here's Alan Dershowitz on this

Thanks for posting. I am glad he agrees with me. LOL

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

The balls on these guys. I guess they thought nobody would check. Despite what some might say, USC has been a contender in college football. I cannot believe the other players did't notice. This would be a bigger story than RUDY. LOL

They didn't notice because he never actually joined the team. He only did on paper and then once accepted to the school would quit the team.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
This seems to me a conflict between private parties that should be resolved between themselves, or at most in civil court.

quote:
[quote]Really, there isn't enough real crime out there for federal LE to waste their time on this nonsense. This is something the colleges should be handling on their own.
Well if this is the case, I am sure they will just throw out the case. I ALWAYS use the above argument when I get pulled over for speeding.

Hmm, I would think defrauding the IRS for one thing would tend to attract the Dept of Justice's attention.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Here's Alan Dershowitz on this

Thanks for posting. I am glad he agrees with me. LOL
At one time I disliked him because he was a lib. Now he seems to be kinda centrist or maybe just a little conservative. At least he's sensible and honest.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
They didn't notice because he never actually joined the team. He only did on paper, and then once accepted to the school, he would quit the team.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I suppose, but word gets around. It is hard to keep those things secret. Kids talk. There is a lot to keep quiet. It is not like some little junior college in West Virginia.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Really, there isn't enough real crime out there for federal LE to waste their time on this nonsense. This is something the colleges should be handling on their own.

quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
This shit has been going on for a long time. I am glad it is coming to the surface. I am also glad to see the FBI doing their job, as they should. The FBI should not be a partisan organization.

Really? Have you no understanding of fraud? Fraud affects more people than violent crime x 2. Don't you get that deserving people have been affected detrimentally and undeserving have prospered because of it?

Just because there isn't blood and guts don't think it isn't a crime deserved of investigation and prosecution.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
The IRS is the government. You'd also be essentially stealing money.

All these people did was connive their way into having to pay the schools is question. The schools didn't really lose anything.

quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

quote:

Hmm, I would think defrauding the IRS for one thing would tend to attract the Dept of Justice's attention.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Really? Have you no understanding of fraud? Fraud affects more people than violent crime x 2. Don't you get that deserving people have been affected detrimentally and undeserving have prospered because of it?

Craig,

Maybe he does not get it, maybe that's why he had the observation that he did.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
All these people did was connive their way into having to pay the schools is question. The schools didn't really lose anything.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Just their credibility.

Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Michael Moore will soon be scouting for actresses and actors for the movie deal...

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Then the schools should kick the kids in question out.

I'm not saying what the did isn't wrong. What I am saying is that this isn't something the government needs to be crawling into.

Also, there's a lot of hypocrisy here. If daddy buys the school a building, his kid gets in, no crime committed. If daddy pays off a coach, daddy goes to jail (on the taxpayers' dime.) I think the coach should be fired, and the kid get kicked out (costing the taxpayers' nothing.) The government doesn't have to solve every problem.

quote:
quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Just their credibility.

Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Will anyone go to jail? Probably not. Mad

Should they, hell yes.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Then the schools should kick the kids in question out.

I'm not saying what the did isn't wrong. What I am saying is that this isn't something the government needs to be crawling into.

Also, there's a lot of hypocrisy here. If daddy buys the school a building, his kid gets in, no crime committed. If daddy pays off a coach, daddy goes to jail (on the taxpayers' dime.) I think the coach should be fired, and the kid get kicked out (costing the taxpayers' nothing.) The government doesn't have to solve every problem.

Schools give things to donors all the time, but that is under the assumption that the kid didn't cheat on the SAT/ACT, forge transcripts, fake sporting achievements, and bribe school officials.

Schools give preferential treatment to alumni often as well - but again, it assumes the kid can pass the scores to get in the door in the first place.

Then to hide it as 'charity' is tax evasion, plus a whopping dose of mail fraud.

I'm glad they are hammering these elites. They need to make some examples of the big fish.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
All the while the elites accuse the rest of us of having undue privilege.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lori Loughlin charged. .

So much for show biz...

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sportshooter:
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
nice to see some parents that care abut their kids' education...

Yes, but unlike Ms. Gump they now have a tit caught in the scandal wringer. Smile

That is funny right there. Smile

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
As they couldn't make a positive connection to Trump, they allotted slightly less resources to affect the arrests....

…..

….

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post