SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Elaborate college cheating scam! Yay!!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elaborate college cheating scam! Yay!! Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

And I had to look up who Huffman and Laughlin are. I see Huffman is married to William Macy, who plays Frank Gallagher on "Shameless." I guess she has a little of the Gallagher grift in her.

Kind of ironic that Frank Gallagher's son Lip was the one who used to take SAT and ACT exams for a fee so other students could get into good schools.

And come on, you don't remember Lori Laughlin from Full House? I had a crush on her back in the 90's.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe when the convictions start coming down, some will finally move out of the country as they promised when Trump got elected.

Posts: 7011 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
20 to 1 this is not the only such scam going on.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
And come on, you don't remember Lori Laughlin from Full House? I had a crush on her back in the 90's.

I think I still do Big Grin

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Remember that the professors claiming that moral high ground probably aren't too involved in admissions from day to day. This is not to defend them, but the reality

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is accurate. However, the coaching offices are MORE than involved. It is interesting that the Will Wade controversy at LSU is proceeding at the same time. More to follow I am sure.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by architect:
It would be especially sweet if this reduces the incidences of "elite colleges" and their faculty claiming the "moral high ground," although I suspect they have become immune to shame through overexposure.

Remember that the professors claiming that moral high ground probably aren't too involved in admissions from day to day. This is not to defend them, but the reality.
In that case, we are, undoubtedly, only hours away from these high-minded ethical "educators" resigning en masse from their tenured positions in protest, and calling for the firing of the administrators that "betrayed" them. I am pretty sure I cannot hold my breath as long as I've been holding my nose.

Posts: 6400 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:

I think I still do Big Grin

The apples didn't fall far from the tree either. Especially the younger apple...

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
One other thing, where is the outrage that all the perpetrators seem to be part of the "privileged by birthright" population. How long before we hear "another demonstration of the reality that the cost of college is just too high, if it were free for everybody, you wouldn't see these abuses?"

Posts: 6400 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

And I had to look up who Huffman and Laughlin are. I see Huffman is married to William Macy, who plays Frank Gallagher on "Shameless." I guess she has a little of the Gallagher grift in her.

Kind of ironic that Frank Gallagher's son Lip was the one who used to take SAT and ACT exams for a fee so other students could get into good schools.

I forgot about Lip's SAT scam. Funny

No, I didn't watch "Full House" or the "Housewives" show the other one is in. Not my kind of television.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I love how Loughlin's spoiled daughter posted her "I'm just here to suck dick" video and then had to post her "I'm sorry for revealing to you how very empty I am" video in the wake of her revealing the ugly truth about herself.

Well, guess what, babycakes? Here comes real life, and mommy may end up being a felon, so you try to be supportive of her.

Maybe bake a file into a cake for her in the slammer, somethin' like that.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:

We used to see her at the mall, I guess with her mom. Big Grin

I got curious about where she's from (didn't have the internet back then. lol) and this is already on her Wikipedia page.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
This investigation needs to be expanded to see how AOC got into Boston University. We also need to know who was bribed for her to get a degree in Economics.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2184 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure that most of the people listed here are pretty vain types and probably never shared with their friends and even families that they gave their kids a little "help" getting in some of these schools. Now they have to come clean that their "amazing" kids and lives aren't quite what they seem. Orange jump suits might be a nice touch too!

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I stand corrected. Football was involved. USC has had its share of problems with its athletic program over the years. The following is paragraph on one of the football recruits:

McGlashan also paid to get his son accepted as a USC football recruit, prosecutors said. The problem: He attended a high school with no football program, so they said he was a punter.

The balls on these guys. I guess they thought nobody would check. Despite what some might say, USC has been a contender in college football. I cannot believe the other players did't notice. This would be a bigger story than RUDY. LOL

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fantastic story. Meanwhile, at the local college, parents are paying for their kids to learn how to grow and sell pot.
Very trendy.
But nothing yet on moonshine production.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Really, there isn't enough real crime out there for federal LE to waste their time on this nonsense. This is something the colleges should be handling on their own.

quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
This shit has been going on for a long time. I am glad it is coming to the surface. I am also glad to see the FBI doing their job, as they should. The FBI should not be a partisan organization.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Want to make six, or even seven, figures on Wall Street? Better have an MBA from a top school.

quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
Unless you are planning to become a Supreme Court Justice at some point, how much do "the best schools" really matter? I guess it might help with networking, but most fields outside of politics don't care about such things.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...do justly, love
mercy, walk humbly...
posted Hide Post
Just came across this in one of the articles from the Fox News page, regarding Felicity Huffman...

"Huffman also runs a lifestyle blog that focuses on parenting."

I bet that blog is slap FULL of great parenting advice, considering it's coming from such an expert.

Posts: 739 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: September 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I had 500k, I'd go to trade school and bank 450k. In 3 years I'd be a journeyman plumber making a good living, with a nice cushion in my portfolio.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[quote]Really, there isn't enough real crime out there for federal LE to waste their time on this nonsense. This is something the colleges should be handling on their own.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Well if this is the case, I am sure they will just throw out the case. I ALWAYS use the above argument when I get pulled over for speeding.