SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Elaborate college cheating scam! Yay!!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elaborate college cheating scam! Yay!! Login/Join 
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
nice to see some parents that care abut their kids' education...

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
nice to see some parents that care abut their kids' education...

Yes, but unlike Ms. Gump they now have a tit caught in the scandal wringer. Smile

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rustyblade:
Perhaps if the kids worked as hard within the system as they do ( often with their parents knowledge -and- help) to scam and pervert it, they would have achieved legitimate success.

Many of the kids apparently had no idea what their parents were doing.

I know I know, yeah right.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Many of the kids apparently had no idea what their parents were doing.

I know I know, yeah right.

Mom, I scored a 950 on SAT!! Wah Wah
Good news daughter, Yale just accepted you!

Posts: 1803 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From what I can gather Mark Riddell is with IMG Academy. It is a high powered institution in Bradenton, Florida that some of the country's best athletes attend. Kind of like a prep school for big time Division One Sports.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Truly unreal to what lengths they went but then again, not really.
The best part is it looks like they left behind a tremendous paper and video trail. Idiots!!

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1851 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
Aunt Becky! Say it isn't so!

I had a college friend working in the admission office for our alma mater when my younger daughter applied. My friend looked and agreed to make sure those making the selections saw it. The result was she was well qualified but wasn't the demographic they were seeking.

When the same daughter applied for med school, the same friend had transferred to the medical school admissions office. There were 70 times as many appliations as spots available, so again, well qualified but wrong demographic.

I never thought about offering cash to see if she could be the right demographic!

P.S. Said daughter graduates from a different med school this spring.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2094 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This clip came to mind when I read the article. For years kids have been getting into "elite" universities with 5th grade math and reading abilities (some could not read at all) but could run the 40 in 4.4 or had a 40 inch vertical leap. Not to mention the payments to the player's family so as to get them to commit. But everyone is "shocked" that rich kids are also circumventing the application process!

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
It occurred to me that the offspring of the Hollywood types probably thought that a half-smile to an unpopular girl qualified as charity volunteering

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
It would be especially sweet if this reduces the incidences of "elite colleges" and their faculty claiming the "moral high ground," although I suspect they have become immune to shame through overexposure.

Posts: 6398 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Nice to see that Paul Manafort and Michael Cohen could have some company in the big house.
Unfortunately I doubt any of these folks will end up there but we can always hope.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Saw where Singer (at the center of this) pleaded guilty. I suspect this is about to get very real for not just the currently named 50, but a lot of other people too.

Shocking he couldn't be trusted to take all his secrets to the grave.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
You have to sit back and smile knowing that there are thousands of fraud parents and students out there sweating bullets today, because you know one of these cats has a comprehensive list of people who took part and will let it go to cooperate. Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
Unless you are planning to become a Supreme Court Justice at some point, how much do "the best schools" really matter? I guess it might help with networking, but most fields outside of politics don't care about such things.

I have no experience with the University of Spoiled Children (USC) and I gave no experience with doing business in the greater Los Angeles area, but I have been told by several who have reason to know that going to USC is a YUGE advantage to anyone planning to be in biddness in that area.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin charged. Excellent

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I wonder how many "elite" families left for "extended holidays"?

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I'm hearing that people are already trying to link Trump to this. Well of course they are. There is yammering that agents should be looking at Jared Kushner's college entrance details. You know, just because.

Not even kidding.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by architect:
It would be especially sweet if this reduces the incidences of "elite colleges" and their faculty claiming the "moral high ground," although I suspect they have become immune to shame through overexposure.

Remember that the professors claiming that moral high ground probably aren't too involved in admissions from day to day. This is not to defend them, but the reality.

And I had to look up who Huffman and Laughlin are. I see Huffman is married to William Macy, who plays Frank Gallagher on "Shameless." I guess she has a little of the Gallagher grift in her.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
I'm curious as to how the raids went for the FBI as they showed up in force at Huffman, Loughlin's and the other 40-some-odd homes today at oh-dark-thirty?

Does anyone know if CNN had a news crew on-site for any of the raids?

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4988 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post