SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    1st Anniversary of my personal resurrection day
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1st Anniversary of my personal resurrection day Login/Join 
Picture of SOTAR
posted
Easter Sunday 2018 was my first day a free/new man. Now Easter is now my personal resurrection day. The prior 18 years I worked for a global high-tech company if you are using a pc 80%+ chance you are directly using one of our products. Even if you are using your cell or tablet the server sig forum is running on is 80%+ one of ours. I'm glad to be gone from there but miss the pay.

Anyway, its been a crummy year of job hunting, I am well over 200 applications and have had a combination of 30+ phone/face to face interviews.

This coming Friday I have a face to face with a different high-tech company in Seattle, not the one who's software you are probably currently using the bigger high-tech co in Seattle. Wish me luck...

Posts: 1037 | Location: portland, OR | Registered: October 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Good luck! Hope it all works out.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fingers crossed for a positive outcome.

Posts: 266 | Registered: June 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Best of luck to you.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
Rooting for you!

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good Luck

It is very frustrating and depressing

The past year I have filled out and conducted more interviews and received more rejections than I can count (just a tad lower than you listed).

I am pulling for you, and hope things go well

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SOTAR:
Easter Sunday 2018 was my first day a free/new man. Now Easter is now my personal resurrection day. The prior 18 years I worked for a global high-tech company if you are using a pc 80%+ chance you are directly using one of our products. Even if you are using your cell or tablet the server sig forum is running on is 80%+ one of ours. I'm glad to be gone from there but miss the pay.

Anyway, its been a crummy year of job hunting, I am well over 200 applications and have had a combination of 30+ phone/face to face interviews.

This coming Friday I have a face to face with a different high-tech company in Seattle, not the one who's software you are probably currently using the bigger high-tech co in Seattle. Wish me luck...

Bro, I wish you all the luck in the world!

Knock 'em dead!

Posts: 11320 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Watch where you step.

Good luck with the interview.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31435 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Best wishes! You'll nail it!

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
What was it like working for Intel? Did you just walk away without a new job? I think about that from time to time recently...

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2268 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
I wish you luck!

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Best wishes for a successful interview, and a great new job.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
Good Luck!

Posts: 4811 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good luck on the job hunting

Posts: 2226 | Location: Lawrenceburg, In | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Lots of very high-paying jobs available up here. Unfortunately the cost of living is outrageous.

Probably not much different than Portland, other than the geography land locked to build residential homes, between the Sound/ocean (west) the Cascades (east) the volcanoes north and south and the two huge lakes in between. But it sure is pretty.

And you’ll have a little bit more sun than Portland. Good luck and if you need to contact up here please feel free to reach out.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best wishes and good luck.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post