SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NYC apple cider brand search, help me find it, please.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NYC apple cider brand search, help me find it, please. Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted
There are so many little things I miss from my US trips...

I just remembered I loved to buy cider jugs of a brand that might be local to NYC because I looked for it in other states with no joy.

As far as I can remember, the name was Two Crows or Two something...
It was not a see through, clear juice but the murky sort.

Silly as it may sound, I miss it and eating saltines until I was ready to burst.

Haven't found anything like it elsewhere.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12106 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
Maybe J. Crow’s?

https://www.jcrows.com/free.html

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:

It was not a see through, clear juice but the murky sort.
0-0

I initially thought you would be talking about hard/fermented cider but if it's murky, you're talking about what many of us in the U.S. refer to as cider, or unfiltered juice.

We have about 3 more months before anything worth drinking becomes available in local markets.

Posts: 7351 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Could you make your own with mulling spices and local cider?

https://selfreliantschool.com/...made-mulling-spices/

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Angry Orchard is in Vermont.

Two Black Crows maybe?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Nicky,
Are you talking hard cider or non-alcoholic cider?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16196 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
I'm talking non-alcoholic cider. I was
as also surprised to learn that there's non alcoholic cider. Was looking for simple but tasty apple juice, discovered this one and was hooked for life.
They we're plastic mugs you could find at any deli store in NYC but tried to locate it in other states and larger stores without any luck.

Must say that when I think NYC J think of it instead of pizza, pastrami or other world famous delicacies.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12106 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
We in the U.S. are a bit different w/ our terminology w/ regards to apple juice/cider.

Cider=fresh pressed juice, unfiltered, non-preserved, un-sweetened. Most likely run through UV flash pastuerization on the way to packaging. Cold shelf life of a few weeks. It's cloudy and found locally in the fall-spring.

Apple Juice= filtered, sweetened and preserved. Shelf life of up to a year unopened. It's refrigerated after opening and is clear.

Hard Cider= fermented raw cider. Can be sweetened and preserved as fermentation eats up most all the sugars. It clears after fermentation on its own.

So when you say "non-alcoholic cider", N.Y is referring to unfermented and un-filtered by our standards.

Posts: 7351 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyanide357
posted Hide Post
Was it Martinelli's by chance?

Martinelli's

Posts: 249 | Registered: November 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post