SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    More than 500 guns seized from Southern California homes
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More than 500 guns seized from Southern California homes Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
Let's say you are a collector, or any legal gun owner, and get jammed up on a felony charge. I suppose the smart thing to do would be to somehow quickly transfer your guns to someone who can legally own them, like a spouse or other close relative. If you legally purchased the guns but later become ineligible, what constitutes possession? You spouse in the same household does not lose their 2A rights just because you get convicted.

Your spouse might not lose them but needs to be awfully circumspect to keep you out of jail.

We had a client in San Diego, who was on parole from Texas, a murder charge, I believe. He was living with a girl friend, had a job, acting right, etc. One day the po-po showed up to check on him. Being on parole, he has no rights at all. Well, his girl friend had a pistol in the drawer of the nightstand in her side of the bed, and back to prison in Texas he went.

This isn’t exactly the same but might illustrate the practical limitations one must deal with.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
I kindof remember one of the cop shows where they said the felon can't be in the house with weapons. So not sure if the wife transfer would work, unless she stored them in a separate building somewhere...

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBrooks:
I kindof remember one of the cop shows where they said the felon can't be in the house with weapons. So not sure if the wife transfer would work, unless she stored them in a separate building somewhere...

My son did some stupid shit a couple years ago and got charged with felony breaking and entering. His parole officer told me that he could not have access to any firearms, and if he were staying in my house they'd have to be secured in a safe or something similar, not just in the bedroom behind closed doors. This was in North Carolina.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:
Originally posted by jbcummings:
It’d be interesting to see where he got 500 guns. Something tells me it wasn’t legally.

Is there a number of guns you have that makes them (obtained) illegal? Confused

I suppose if you have a LOT of ammo (number TBD - varies by state) then you must be doing something illegal too? Eek

How does a convicted felon legally obtain firearms?

That wasn't the question.

Does the number of guns you own or the number of rounds you possess determine whether you are a criminal?

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...550092344#7550092344

Ummmm I think that the story stating that he IS a FELON in possession of firearms is all I needed to read. That's still against the law if I remember correctly.

LIKE I SAID "IF" he was actually convicted (the article made no details and it wouldn't be the fist time the MSM lied) then GAME OVER otherwise the implication that having a LOT of guns is criminal (or ammo) is WRONG!

Plus it doesn't take much at all in CA for them to have a reason to no-knock raid to take your guns - any quantity - for any reason they can think of.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That pile of guns in a pickup bed really pisses me off. Do they not have some duty to care for property?
If they arrested someone with a bunch of alleged stolen art would they just fire the evidence into the back of a pickup?

"Momma say's the pistol is the Devil's right hand."

Posts: 694 | Location: Ontario | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Anyone know what felony he was convicted of?

Posts: 6955 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
anyone ever hear the out come of this ?

only thing I could find were the initial June bust.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post