SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    More than 500 guns seized from Southern California homes
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More than 500 guns seized from Southern California homes Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
Authorities have seized more than 550 guns at two Southern California homes and made one arrest after getting a tip that a convicted felon was storing an arsenal.

Sixty-year-old Manuel Fernandez was arrested last week after Los Angeles County sheriff’s deputies and state and federal investigators raided his Agua Dulce home.

Officials Monday say the searchers found 432 rifles and handguns, then returned later and found 91 more hidden weapons.

Finally, 30 guns were seized at another home believed linked to an associate of Fernandez who hasn’t returned to the home.

"Detectives also seized computers, cellphones, and hard drives from the residence believed to be involved in the illicit purchase of firearms by the suspect," the sheriff's department said in its release.

Fernandez was booked on suspicion of being a felon in possession of firearms and ammunition and illegally possessing an assault rifle and large-capacity magazines.

He’s free on bond. A call by The Associated Press to his listed phone number rang unanswered Monday.

The Los Angeles Times, citing an unnamed source, reported that the owner of the firearms appears to be a collector as opposed to someone who intends to use the guns for violence.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
What do they do with all of those guns? I hope they are not destroyed....

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29609 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:

Unfortunately the guns will probably be destroyed after the trial is over.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Finally, something at least in the realm of an "arsenal" with one of these stories.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12351 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Los Angeles Times, citing an unnamed source, reported that the owner of the firearms appears to be a collector as opposed to someone who intends to use the guns for violence

never knew the media made a distinction

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I have a friend that lives in Huntington Beach. He has several friends (old timers) that are hoarding 200+ guns. I bet there are far more guns in Cali than the libs would like to believe.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3576 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:

Normally they don't, must be one of those unicorn type reporters... Confusing the shit out of me...

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rocket72
posted Hide Post
Word is they got in on a water taffy warrant. Big Grin

Posts: 1536 | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:

Normally they don't, must be one of those unicorn type reporters... Confusing the shit out of me...

Manuel Fernandez is Hispanic and thus the LA Times is less inclined to vilify him than if his name were John Smith.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Finally, something at least in the realm of an "arsenal" with one of these stories.

Normally when I read these stories, I think to myself that "that's nothing, I have more", but this one has me thinking "holy crap, that's a lot of guns."

Posts: 10829 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Finally, a semi-representative use of the word arsenal.

But why focus on the number? The illegal aspects seem to be felon and illicit purchases. The number doesn’t matter.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:

Normally when I read these stories, I think to myself that "that's nothing, I have more", but this one has me thinking "holy crap, that's a lot of guns."

Haha. Same here.

Posts: 3875 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Wow.
This is the first I've heard of them actually taking away guns from actual criminals instead of law abiding citizens.

Posts: 10828 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
So what has he been convicted of?
I would like to verify that first.
If he was then game over if not then it was just another excuse for 2nd Amendment tyranny.

Posts: 22860 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:....Manuel Fernandez is Hispanic and thus the LA Times is less inclined to vilify him than if his name were John Smith.

All he has to do is claim to be here illegally, the State of CA will protect and defend him. Wink

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnnyD
posted Hide Post
I wish I had the money to fun that sort of collection!

-----------------------------------

USAF/ANG Retired

Posts: 781 | Location: Garland, (Zombieland) TX. | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
He’s free on bond.

If he's a collector and did nothing wrong he will show up for trial and claim his property.
If he's a criminal... he will disappear before trial.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23951 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
It’d be interesting to see where he got 500 guns. Something tells me it wasn’t legally.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbcummings:
It’d be interesting to see where he got 500 guns. Something tells me it wasn’t legally.

Is there a number of guns you have that makes them (obtained) illegal? Confused

I suppose if you have a LOT of ammo (number TBD - varies by state) then you must be doing something illegal too? Eek

Posts: 22860 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:

By the looks of one of the pictures even if you did obtain them legally I don't know if I would want them back. They had them just tossed into the back of a pickup.

They'll have all kinds of nice rub marks on them once they get to wherever they are going.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post