SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Women's world cup 2019
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Women's world cup 2019 Login/Join 
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted
It was a great start for the USA Women...

13-0

Some folks are all pushed out of shape about the score but in the pool play the goals scored are the tie breaker.

I watched all of the games so far (most in FF) and I have to say that we looked good. The other games I watched most teams struggled to finish even if they were dominating the game.

Go USA!!!

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3458 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:

Some folks are all pushed out of shape about the score but in the pool play the goals scored are the tie breaker.

It wasn't the differential, it was the celebrating after the scores. I can see if it was newer player who had never scored in international play, but some of the players have multiple goals. In the words that have been attributed to several football coaches: "Act like you've been there before." Thailand was way over matched, but no need to rub their faces in it.

Plus, I can stand Rapinoe and her bullshit.

Posts: 1645 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tk13:
quote:

It wasn't the differential, it was the celebrating after the scores. I can see if it was newer player who had never scored in international play, but some of the players have multiple goals. In the words that have been attributed to several football coaches: "Act like you've been there before." Thailand was way over matched, but no need to rub their faces in it.

Plus, I can stand Rapinoe and her bullshit.

As far as I am concerned, I am DONE with the US Womens Team due to Rapinoe AND the lack of punitive measures by the Coach, upper mgmt, etc.

She should be benched until she decides she is an American and stands, hand on heart, and sings the Anthem. If she refuses, and they let her play like they have thus far, then I am DONE with Team "non-USA".

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I can't stand Rapinoe either. She is a malcontent USA hating, flag kneeling Dyke!

If I were to score a WC goal I would celebrate big time. I get why people were upset. I also see the people being jealous of the USA dominance.

I have to say that the Swedish team is very attractive Wink and a good team.

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3458 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
If Mia Hamm was in her prime and playing as captain of the team, Rapinoe would most likely not be on the field for the anthem... and probably be sporting a black eye.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
So I want to get this thread back on track.

I didn't start it to talk about Rapinoe but it has spun that way quickly.

I started it to talk about the teams in the tournament Smile

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
quote:
So I want to get this thread back on track.

I started it to talk about the teams in the tournament Smile

The only other game I've been able to watch was the Brazil v Jamaica match. That was another mismatch, but the supreme effort by Jamaica's goalie kept it from being worse.

Posts: 1645 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted Hide Post
I watched and didn't think the goal celebrations were over the top. Especially toward the end of the game, they seemed very muted for soccer celebrations. It's hard to stay in the game mentally when you are playing such an overmatched opponent. Goal celebrations are part of soccer, so they were going through the motions like it was still a big deal.

Mental letdowns have a tendency to carry over into the next match. Take your foot too far off the gas and you might not get back up to speed in time.

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5281 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
It's always good to see a USA team doing well.

As a bonus, Alex Morgan is the perfection of womanhood. The female that all others should be modeled upon.

Dang she's a gorgeous woman. There's a very lucky man out there somewhere.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I don’t take issue with the score but the celebration after each goal. There comes a point when you realize you’ve outclassed your opponent & should minimize the revelry at their expense..

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
So many sandwiches left unmade.

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

As a bonus, Alex Morgan is the perfection of womanhood. There's a very lucky man out there somewhere.

& he’s sick of her shit

Posts: 1801 | Location: Possum Kingdom, TX | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
& fuck women’s soccer, until they kick that ungrateful Rapinoe bitch off the team.

It’s a shame she’s stealing the spotlight with her TDS idiocy.

Posts: 1801 | Location: Possum Kingdom, TX | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
So many sandwiches left unmade.

As long as part of the celebration takes place in the kitchen...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Ham'n'Cheese Haiku

The Women's World Cup?
A buffet left neglected
Make me a sammich

Probably, though, I have a lot in common with those gals. We could compare notes on how to pick up women.

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maximus_flavius:
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

As a bonus, Alex Morgan is the perfection of womanhood. There's a very lucky man out there somewhere.

& he’s sick of her shit

Big Grin

Could very well be. If he's tired, I'd happily pick up where he left off. Wink

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
I've watched replays of each goal scored and the celebrations afterward. I didn't see anything that I thought was over the top or wrong. I didn't see any taunting or bad sportsmanship from any player.

You've just scored a goal in the World Cup, a lifelong dream for any soccer player. It's okay to be excited about it. Not to mention, goal differential matters in the World Cup. Every minute counts. This is not a friendly, nor an AYSO game. If I was the coach I would yank any player that wasn't giving 100% every second she was out there.

I think most of this outrage stems from the "everyone gets a trophy" mindset that has prevailed for far too long. This is the biggest stage in soccer and you had better be prepared for it. If you don't like getting your butt kicked then you had better work harder and figure it out, because everyone is coming at you with all that they've got. If you get lit up and embarrassed, it's on you, not the opposing team.

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 884 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Browndrake:

I think most of this outrage stems from the "everyone gets a trophy" mindset that has prevailed for far too long. This is the biggest stage in soccer and you had better be prepared for it. If you don't like getting your butt kicked then you had better work harder and figure it out, because everyone is coming at you with all that they've got. If you get lit up and embarrassed, it's on you, not the opposing team.

agree

bring your A game or go home

Thailand broke. That's on them - not us.

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
quote:
Originally posted by Browndrake:

agree

bring your A game or go home

Thailand broke. That's on them - not us.

Yup. Most of this is just anti-Americanism from the international soccer community. Nothing new!

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watched Nigeria-Korea and Germany-Spain today. Expected a little more competition from Korea and some of the German players were taking a solid beating from the Spainish players.

Sweden will give the US a solid challenge. Sure, the US could have just played passing the ball around, but that’s more insulting to the opposite team. Plus, if Thailand rally wants to be in this then they need to play both sides of the pitch, not just watch a better team play keep away wihle avoiding the goal.

Posts: 714 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post