SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Women's world cup 2019
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Women's world cup 2019 Login/Join 
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I'm watching Germany-Spain right now.

30 minutes in and Spain is looking better than I thought they would.

This is the most competitive game I've watched so far.

For those that are actually watching the games, what do you think about the VAR ? Even though it stops the flow of the game, I like it. It has taken away the "we got screwed" off side or not off side calls and hand balls in the box.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3456 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Is this pointless women's sport (as are they all) the one that has a US team member who kneels during our national anthem?

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Yes. Mad

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, ain't that just dandy? And some of you guys want to support this shit?

"Women's Soccer Star"

Sammich Star, make me a sammich.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maximus_flavius:
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
It's always good to see a USA team doing well.

As a bonus, Alex Morgan is the perfection of womanhood. There's a very lucky man out there somewhere.

& he’s sick of her shit

Yep, this all ain’t just Rapinoe, Morgan has said she would not accept an invitation to the White House should the U.S. win. Hell with all of them.

Posts: 817 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sammich Star, make me a sammich.

I wouldn't trust that rug muncher near my kitchen. She'd probably put broken glass or dog shit in my sammich.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stkfox:
Yep, this all ain’t just Rapinoe, Morgan has said she would not accept an invitation to the White House should the U.S. win. Hell with all of them.

Hadn't heard that. Disappointed to say the least.

She's still a goddess, though. Big Grin

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
She's still a goddess, though.
Great. That means she'd make a perfect sacrifce to toss into an active volcano.

Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
She's still a goddess, though.
Great. That means she'd make a perfect sacrifce to toss into an active volcano.

No!

You don't take your best specimen and throw it away!

It must procreate.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Tough crowd here Wink

Here's Alex Morgan
https://images.app.goo.gl/kRZ6gijqjVszDDvBA

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3456 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Good win for Australia over Brazil today.

Came back from 2-0.

If it wasn't for the VAR they would not have won.

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

posted Hide Post
I was disgusted when I watched this game. The game was long over even before half time when we were up 3 - 0 (and it’s “nothing”, not “nil”). At 5 - 0 we should have emptied the bench of every sub and told them to slow the pace down.

What did running up the score and playing 90+ minutes like it was tied in the last 20 minutes of the championship game (“game”, not “match”) prove? That you’re in a different class from Thailand? The whole world knew that before the game started. Anyone who’s ever been in a blowout game, regardless of which side of it you were on, knows that you can tell when a team is defeated.

The World Cup is a marathon, not a sprint. Why not rest the legs of the starters? And I don’t want to hear about goal differential when you’re talking about the number one ranked team in the world, let alone a 13-goal differential. I don’t blame the players, I blame the coach. As for Alex Morgan’s five goals... if you do it against France or Germany and you win the game 5 - 4 it’s going to mean a lot more than if you do it in a 13 - 0 blowout. If this team doesn’t win this tournament they’re going to look pretty bad now.

One last thing that I find insane... I’ve heard people say that if the men had run up the score nobody would be saying anything. What the F is that?? Who in their right mind thinks gender has any bearing on your opinion of this game?

Posts: 9 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 12, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Go Giants:
Who in their right mind thinks gender has any bearing on your opinion of this game?

Well, there is this.... Big Grin Hard to argue. Wink

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The gods need nookie, too.

up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was disgusted when I watched this game. The game was long over even before half time when we were up 3 - 0 (and it’s “nothing”, not “nil”). At 5 - 0 we should have emptied the bench of every sub and told them to slow the pace down.

What did running up the score and playing 90+ minutes like it was tied in the last 20 minutes of the championship game (“game”, not “match”) prove? That you’re in a different class from Thailand? The whole world knew that before the game started. Anyone who’s ever been in a blowout game, regardless of which side of it you were on, knows that you can tell when a team is defeated.

The World Cup is a marathon, not a sprint. Why not rest the legs of the starters? And I don’t want to hear about goal differential when you’re talking about the number one ranked team in the world, let alone a 13-goal differential. I don’t blame the players, I blame the coach. As for Alex Morgan’s five goals... if you do it against France or Germany and you win the game 5 - 4 it’s going to mean a lot more than if you do it in a 13 - 0 blowout. If this team doesn’t win this tournament they’re going to look pretty bad now.

One last thing that I find insane... I’ve heard people say that if the men had run up the score nobody would be saying anything. What the F is that?? Who in their right mind thinks gender has any bearing on your opinion of this game?

Welcome to the forum Go Giants

In the World Cup and Professional Soccer you are only allowed to sub 3 players. The coach made 3 subs. She can't empty the bench.

Also in the World Cup the tie breaker is goals scored in group play. Because of this tie breaker rule it pushes you to score as many goals as you can.

What people were pissed about were not the goals but the celebrations after each goal.

#13celebrations Wink

The Men would be treated differently is BS.

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:
quote:

Welcome to the forum Go Giants

In the World Cup and Professional Soccer you are only allowed to sub 3 players. The coach made 3 subs. She can't empty the bench.

Also in the World Cup the tie breaker is goals scored in group play. Because of this tie breaker rule it pushes you to score as many goals as you can.

What people were pissed about were not the goals but the celebrations after each goal.

#13celebrations Wink

The Men would be treated differently is BS.

Thanks for enlightening me on the three-sub rule; I didn’t know that. I don’t understand the logic of it but at least she made the substitutions.

I still have an issue with the pace of the game. Slow it down and play keep away to kill the clock. And again, the U.S. team is ranked number one in the world; it won’t come down to a tie breaker to get out of this round and even if it does, we could have called off the dogs at 7. As for the celebrations... that’s why I’m an Aaron Judge fan and was a Barry Sanders fan (total class). This team just became the 1980 Russian hockey team. I would actually like to see them get eliminated in the knockout round.

Posts: 9 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 12, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Who in their right mind thinks gender has any bearing on your opinion of this game?

Well, there is this.... Big Grin Hard to argue. Wink

A girl in a swimsuit in Sports Illustrated that weighs under 300 lbs.? How old is that picture?

up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
That's Alex Morgan ^^^^

Gustofer...More pictures please Wink

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat