SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Women's world cup 2019
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Women's world cup 2019 Login/Join 
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
Too bad.

England, you will get another chance to hit the field for the glory of sport and the privilege of representing your country.

- something this US team will never know.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Anybody who doesn’t respect America should be removed from the team with prejudice. I’d rather have the team come in last place or have no team at all rather than have ungrateful twits represent us.

Yeah, this ain't Colin Crapernick, or some NBA commie moron dissing the POTUS. It is a sports team that represents the United States of America in international play. This so-called captain is supported by her coach and teammates and had been responsible for fucking things up by shoving identity politics and a hatred of Trump ahead of international sportsmanship. And instead of using finesse and diplomacy in her actions, she used a blowtorch.

And I agree, I'm not gonna root for a U.S. team that shits on their country, leader, and people.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I think Mr. Freeman speaks for me about this whole topic...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I’ve been hoping they get beat. I can’t get behind them. I mean, they turn the President down but accept an invite from AOC? Get bent. I’m tired of people trying to make my entertainment political. Right wing or left wing, shut up and play/act/sing/etc. I refuse to support entertainment that is made political.

I’m a big soccer fan, but just can’t get behind this team.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
I’ve been hoping they get beat. I can’t get behind them. I mean, they turn the President down but accept an invite from AOC? Get bent. I’m tired of people trying to make my entertainment political. Right wing or left wing, shut up and play/act/sing/etc. I refuse to support entertainment that is made political.

I’m a big soccer fan, but just can’t get behind this team.

I couldn't agree more. I, too, enjoy soccer.

As a consolation, take a look at this:

After 40 years, these guys still get it. Enjoyment and entertainment for the sake of enjoying music.

I know I run a risk because this music may not be your cup of tea. But, as a musician, it is pure entertainment/artistry for its own sake.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
USA 2, England 1. Go team!

Posts: 991 | Location: Nashville | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Just who are you rooting for? The USA, or the America-hating girls on the team?

Posts: 107580 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
It's too bad that some of these women have TDS and lgbqtwxyzmania.

I don't like it one bit.

I'm rooting for the USA!!!

MAGA!

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3477 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, if you're rooting for the USA, it seems to me that you should be hoping to see the US team get a mudhole stomped in their smugnorant ass.

Posts: 107580 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I do struggle with my disgust for Rapinoe and crew and always wanting the USA to win. Frown

I have rooted for the USWNT for decades.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3477 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Besides, it's only Soccer. Women's Soccer at that.

A sport that will never catch on here, played by people who don't understand capitalism - ie, to get paid big bucks, you have to pull in big crowds and only women's golf seems to do that with any consistency.

Personally I hope they get beat down, but I really don't care too much one way or the other. Never gonna watch a pro sport where U15 boys could be world champions.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I'm a proud American, This team from the USA is NOT a team that represents America.
Fuck them, the sooner the imposters lose the better.

Posts: 4625 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
But..but.. NBC's "Today Show" just told me the whole country is thrilled by the team's success. Eek Mad

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8344 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I hope they lose bad... And Ttump tweets out sorry for your loss, guess you don't have to worry about visiting the White House now...

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Remember what Brandi Chastain and company had to say about the politics and culture in 1999?

No? Exactly. That team STFU and played soccer with class.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uos71JHj6nE

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I hope they get their ass STOMPED.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed watching them win WITHOUT Rapinoe, and loved how the analysts at halftime said they don't even miss her.

Excited to watch the finale! I will still root for the USWNT but wouldn't be devastated if they lost. I'm just a fan of the sport.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AirmanJeff:
I enjoyed watching them win WITHOUT Rapinoe, and loved how the analysts at halftime said they don't even miss her.

Excited to watch the finale! I will still root for the USWNT but wouldn't be devastated if they lost. I'm just a fan of the sport.

Hmm you got your wish!

In stunning World Cup decision, USA benches controversial soccer star Megan Rapinoe

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2...ponse&utm_term=EMAIL

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8354 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I can't root for the U.S. team, so I'll root for my 2nd country: The Netherlands.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
quote:
Originally posted by AirmanJeff:

Hmm you got your wish!

In stunning World Cup decision, USA benches controversial soccer star Megan Rapinoe

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2...ponse&utm_term=EMAIL

They are saying "hamstring" but I am not buying it. I think that was to save face, she was truly benched for running her mouth, making it about her, and putting her teammates in an awkward position.

I was happy to see Press play and play well. I would love nothing more than if they benched Rapinoe again and won it all. This is going to be her last World Cup and maybe last international appearance with the USWNT, would be great to see her riding the pine.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post