SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Women's world cup 2019
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Women's world cup 2019 Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I don't recognize any women's sports as being valid, not a single one, because if women competed against men, the ladies would get their asses kicked all the time.

There would be exceptions, of course; for instance, if the opposing team of male players all were stricken with botulism before the game, the gals would stand a fighting chance.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Yeah, this world beating US women's team was beaten by an Under 15 year old team of boys from Dallas...Economically you're worth what someone is willing to pay you - no more, no less. If women's soccer brought in billions of dollars, you can bet the players would be paid millions. Until then, their argument is silly and invalid.

FC Dallas under-15 boys squad beat the U.S. Women's National Team in a scrimmage

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
I'm on the western slope of Colorado at a new restaurant called Freddys's steakburgers and the two ladies in the next booth are raging mad. They are going on and on about how female athletes are paid less than their Male counterparts. These girls win by the largest margin...

I want to tell them to do a bit of research, determine the gross income from the sport and then create a ratio of income generated from your product (entertainment) vs. Your compensation. Now let's talk.

The whole thing makes me sad. In my industry most females make more than I do, as do minorities. *sigh*

In regards to women's soccer vs men's soccer, I'd say those girls have a legitimate gripe. The USA women's soccer team is leaps and bounds more popular than the men's and frankly more interesting to watch.

I love the video (I couldn't find it) of a womens soccer match and she breaks her nose, gets up keeps playing blood and all. It then cuts too a mens French team and the guy snaps his fingers behind a player's head and the guy dramatically flops to the ground screaming in pain .
So yeah, I get your point but womens sports bring in a fraction of the money. If we Insist they are paid the same, womens aporta will just be canceled. So the whole pay argument is just stupid.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3590 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Game time

USA vs Chile

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3477 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Looks like the B team lineup today. Must be resting the A team for the Sweden match.

Regardless it was a good first half performance for the USA.

That's my half time report Smile

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3477 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:

So yeah, I get your point but womens sports bring in a fraction of the money. If we Insist they are paid the same, womens aporta will just be canceled. So the whole pay argument is just stupid.

Yes, this is true. I had thought that the women's team brought in more publicity and money nationally, but it would seem that soccer is more of an international sport, and no matter how you slice it, the men simply bring in a ton more money to the sport than the women on a worldwide scale. Ah well, too bad, ladies.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
should have been like 6-0

the Chile keeper gave a strong performance which kept their loss from getting ugly like vs. Thailand

resting the 'first' team may prove to be a wise move as we move further along

when Kristen Press, Carli LLoyd and Mallory Pugh are your 'B' team you have a talented squad

love seeing Lloyd out there banging it at 37

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Yes, what a B Team.

I think I heard them say every player on the roster with the exception of the back up Keepers have now played in this World Cup. That's what you call emptying the bench.

Looking forward to the Sweden match.

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

And say my glory was
I had such friends.
Picture of Hunthelp
posted Hide Post
Thirty years ago I helped ref kids soccer games and have followed matches on and off since.
So, I was watching this past weekend and took in the English team’s match.
I fell in love. I will watch all of the remaining English matches.
Seeing all of the photos in this thread, I’ll just leave a link to my new girlfriend—Alex Greenwood.

Alex Greenwood

"I don't shoot well, but I shoot often." - Pres. T. Roosevelt

Posts: 1941 | Location: Chandler, AZ | Registered: June 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
So the USA beat Sweden 2-0.

Next on the schedule in the knock out rounds is Spain and then probably France in the quarter finals

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
And all of them can be beaten by a team of 14 year old schoolboys.

posted Hide Post
Carli LLoyd arguably one of the better players on the US team, tunes up her game by playing with the under 17 boys teams at soccer development camp.

This whole discussion could be ended by simply allowing the trans crowd to invaded the woman's game. Somehow I don't think that's is going to happen.

Women's Tennis has succeeded in getting player's earnings up because people are willing to pay to watch their game.

Posts: 3853 | Location: Citrus County Florida | Registered: October 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
And all of them can be beaten by a team of 14 year old schoolboys.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
So, women should not be allowed to play in any sport because men are bigger/stronger/etc?

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

I had thought that the women's team brought in more publicity and money nationally
Few people watch soccer in the USA, even fewer watch the women's team.

Try as they may, it just hasn't taken here. Probably has something to do with the tempo and the acting to get the other team Yellow / Red Cards.

quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Jacket:
So, women should not be allowed to play in any sport because men are bigger/stronger/etc?

No, but from a sports perspective, people find the less athletic competition unappealing. Hence smaller crowds, less money, etc, etc.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
No, they can play all they want. They shouldn't be expected to be taken seriously, though. When you have "professional athletes" who can be bested in their sport by junior high school kids, it's just not possible for me to take them seriously.

What's going to happen when 'transgenders' are allowed to be part of opposing teams? This means that in order to remain competitive, the biological women will have to be replaced by the fake women, and the more the other side stokes their team with men, the more we'll have to stoke our team with men, and what do you end up with? Men competing against men. It doesn't matter if they change their names to Linda and Ashlyn. They'll still be men. Given the insanity in the world these days, this is the logical conclusion of allowing 'transgenders' to compete. You know that I'm right. Just wait until they start changing the rules to allow this nonsense to take place. Once the floodgates are opened, women's pro sports will effectively be dead.

I don't expect my opinions on this subject to be popular. It's simply how I feel- women's pro sports are a joke.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
This thread definitely took a turn Wink

Update: Germany beat Nigeria today to be the first team in the quarterfinals.

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

posted Hide Post
no surprise there

------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
No, they can play all they want. They shouldn't be expected to be taken seriously, though. When you have "professional athletes" who can be bested in their sport by junior high school kids, it's just not possible for me to take them seriously.

What's going to happen when 'transgenders' are allowed to be part of opposing teams? This means that in order to remain competitive, the biological women will have to be replaced by the fake women, and the more the other side stokes their team with men, the more we'll have to stoke our team with men, and what do you end up with? Men competing against men. It doesn't matter if they change their names to Linda and Ashlyn. They'll still be men. Given the insanity in the world these days, this is the logical conclusion of allowing 'transgenders' to compete. You know that I'm right. Just wait until they start changing the rules to allow this nonsense to take place. Once the floodgates are opened, women's pro sports will effectively be dead.

I don't expect my opinions on this subject to be popular. It's simply how I feel- women's pro sports are a joke.

This I completely agree with. Transgenders, or whatever they are ought not to be allowed to compete as women.

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I'm going to derail my thread for a moment.

USMNT beat Trinidad and Tobago 6-0 today in the Gold Cup. It's a little bit too late as they knocked us out of the world cup last year Frown

OK...Back to the Women's World Cup. Norway beat Australia on PK's today. So Norway is the second team in the quarter finals

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat