SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    MSNBC's 'Morning Joe' hosts caught faking post-Thanksgiving banter they taped earlier
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MSNBC's 'Morning Joe' hosts caught faking post-Thanksgiving banter they taped earlier Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted
Punks. Roll Eyes

MSNBC's 'Morning Joe' hosts caught faking post-Thanksgiving banter they taped earlier
By Brian Flood | Fox News

MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” tried to fool viewers into thinking Friday’s pre-taped show was live and host Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski even discussed their Thanksgiving meals – even though the holiday hadn’t occurred yet when they taped the show.

Brzezinski opened the show by saying, “Day after Thanksgiving… I’m stuffed,” while Scarborough nervously laughed as if he knew the engaged-to-be-married co-hosts were being dishonest. The opening to the show is still available on MSNBC’s website.

The move, which TV insiders consider disrespectful to viewers, specifically because the network tried to create a deceit that high-paid morning show stars would come to work in the early morning hours following a national holiday. The Washington Post reported that the show was taped on Wednesday.

An MSNBC spokesperson declined comment when reached by Fox News.

The second segment of Friday’s “Morning Joe” brought the fraudulence to another level, when Brzezinski joked that she forgot to remove the guts from the turkey before cooking it and that is was still a little frozen when she served it.

“Joe didn’t notice. He ate the bag,” Willie Geist said.

Scarborough, still giggling, fired back, “It was good… the game last night made up for it.”

The show did not feature a disclaimer that it was pre-taped and the only noticeable difference to a normal, live version of the show is the disappearance of a subtle “live” graphic that is typically present. The scam continued throughout the remainder of the show when the hosts asked guests, such as MSNBC contributor Rick Tyler, about their Thanksgiving holidays.

The Washington Post noticed the deception when a regular “Morning Joe” viewer contacted the paper, reportedly asking if MSNBC was airing “fake news.” The Post said the viewer was shocked to see Scarborough and Brzezinski appearing in studio on the Friday after Thanksgiving.

“I was quite flabbergasted by the way they were so deceptive about this . . . especially when they are always so quick to castigate lying [or] deception they attribute to others,” the tipster told the Post.

The show obviously failed to mention any news that occurred after it taped on Wednesday, such as the deadly terrorist attack at a mosque in Egypt that killed more than 300 people. However, the network’s chyron and news ticker were updated with events that were actually occurring in real time.

An anonymous MSNBC executive talked to the Post about the situation, but essentially brushed it off.

“Would it have helped if there was a disclaimer? Maybe. But that’s not typically done,” the executive said. “There was no intention to trick viewers.”

Meanwhile, MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” has had a bizarre relationship with President Trump for years. Trump used to be friendly with Scarborough and Brzezinski and the show took him serious when the rest of the media thought he was a political afterthought early in his campaign.

The co-hosts were even accused of lobbing softball questions during an MSNBC town hall event. However, Scarborough and Brzezinski eventually turned on Trump and have been openly critical of the president on a daily basis – which has resulted in heated Twitter exchanges between the former friends. Many insiders believe Scarborough turned on Trump because of personal reasons or simply to lift the show’s ratings.

This isn’t the first time a mainstream media program has been caught deceiving viewers. Back in 1994, ABC News correspondent Cokie Roberts was reprimanded by the network for faking a shot and NBC’s Michelle Kosinkski tried to fool viewers by reporting from a flood zone via canoe – but her cover was blown when pedestrians walked through the live shot and revealed the water was only inches high.

http://www.foxnews.com/enterta...r-taped-earlier.html

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
"There was no intention to trick viewers."

Man, I bet he said that without a twinge of conscience.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19659 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Very Fake News©

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8343 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Why didn't they put a disclaimer? There was EVERY effort to trick viewers...including BS refs to "the game" and the holiday meal including cooking gaffes, in order to give it an air of verisimilitude.

What d-bags

quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
"There was no intention to trick viewers."

Man, I bet he said that without a twinge of conscience.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Despicable trash.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
More lame shit from the lamebrains in the media. I'm mystified as to why anybody interested in the truth even turns it on. I'd as soon watch "infomercials".

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
The only surprise is why the surprise.

Most everything in TV is artificial, phony, faked anyway, and nothing more so than reality TV.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Oh no! A leak from within the propaganda machine. How shameful!

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you are going to make a comment like "there was no intention to trick viewers", then I guess it's best to remain anonymous. In fact there was every intention to trick viewers. They went out of their way to trick viewers and for what reason? The networks routinely show pre-recorded shows on holidays and vacations. Reminds me of a comment about a person I knew, who was a compulsive liar, "the only man I ever knew, who would climb a tree to tell a lie". Let's not forget that old "Morning Joe" is a former congressman, so he's had a lot of practice tricking people, a fact his fiance/co-host might want to make a note of.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
I don't believe half wit Mika knows how to cook a turkey - pictures of them eating it please.

-----------------------------------------
White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders, a daughter of the great state of Arkansas, had been doing some baking – and she posted a picture of her culinary masterpiece on Twitter.

“I don’t cook much these days, but managed this Chocolate Pecan Pie for Thanksgiving at the family farm,” she wrote.

The delicious pie stirred the suspicions of CNN political analyst April Ryan who all but accused the White House press secretary of faking the pie.

“Show it to us on a table,” Ms. Ryan tweeted.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion...baked-pecan-pie.html

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 2012BOSS302,

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Lying when there's nothing to gain is a sign of psychopathy, isn't it?

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:
Lying when there's nothing to gain is a sign of psychopathy, isn't it?

I think it's simpler than that. They're just douchebags.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
“The most important thing is honesty. Once you can fake that, you’ve got it made.” —- Attributed to various sources

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yawn

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
I don't believe half wit Mika knows how to cook a turkey - pictures of them eating it please.

--]

Hell, I'm not sure she could manage getting the can open.

Everything on Morning Joke is fake, this should be no surprise.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leavemebe
posted Hide Post
Seems to me these folks are entertainers. Everything they do is fake. I have no time for such drivel.

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled." Unknown observer of human behavior.

Posts: 671 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post