SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Remember Ken Bone (Red sweater guy at debates)? He tweeted pic of him & son at range and son got suspended
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remember Ken Bone (Red sweater guy at debates)? He tweeted pic of him & son at range and son got suspended Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted
https://www.riverfronttimes.co...attention-suspension

Photo of Ken Bone, His Son and a Gun Attracts Police Attention, Suspension

Ken Bone mania has faded into the background since his days as the red-cardiganed sweetheart of St. Louis' 2016 presidential debate, but now K-Bone is back!

This time, instead of a befuddling national obsession (or perhaps subject of coastal mockery), the memorably memeable phenom claims that he's entangled his son in a school suspension and "pending police investigation."

On Monday, Bone tweeted out a photo of himself and his son at a gun range. Here's the context: The elder Bone was weighing in on a thread between a D.C. lawyer and Parkland shooting survivor Kyle Kashuv, who, unlike many other students who lived through that massacre, is avowedly pro-gun and is actively opposing calls for more gun control.

On Monday, Kashuv claimed that he'd been questioned by police after he posted videos of himself shooting an AR-15 at a gun range during a visit there with his father.

Bone seemed to take umbrage at Kashuv's police treatment, and so on Tuesday he posted his own photo of his son at a gun range. As caption, Bone wrote, "Here's a pic of my son learning to shoot safely under my supervision. Maybe those security guys want to talk to him."

Apparently, it turns out that those security guys totally want to talk to him.

This afternoon, Bone tweeted the photo again, writing: "Remember this photo from a few days ago? Well, a school administrator saw it and now my son is suspended from school pending a police investigation."

Bone did not specify which school district or police department is suddenly worried about the progeny of America's favorite undecided voter. We've reached out to Bone for comment and will update this story if/when we learn more.

Update: In subsequent tweets, Ken Bone claimed the principal at his son's school had called him to notify him of the suspension.

According to Bone, the principal specifically cited the tweet of the gun range photo. He says it was the first his son learned he was in any trouble.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice little plinker he's got there!

Standard GDC (God Damned Commie) tactic, to marginalize, demean and harass those participating in lawful activities that they do not approve of or support.

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Wow....
The kid gets suspended, for a tweet sent out by the father? WTF?

Ken Bone ✔
@kenbone18

Thing is, it wasn't his Twitter. It was mine. He does not even have a Twitter account.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
Hmm, isn't that a 556?

What a bunch of BS - I hope this gets turned around. I'm pretty sure that the majority of folks in Missouri are against this type of crap..,

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3923 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's an FN SCAR.
quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:
Standard GDC tactic, to marginalize, demean and harass those participating in lawful activities that they do not approve of or support.
Yeah, they're following the playbook to the letter, and they don't give a damn that we know what they are doing.

Posts: 107577 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doesn't seem like they got hearing protection on, no range bag or ammo on the bench.

Posts: 1178 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
When I was in high school, for my senior project research paper, I wrote about gun control, obviously from a pro-gun stance. Got to visit gun websites, bring in issues of NRA publications, all that jazz. Kind of curious what they would shove up my ass if I tried that today.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
lawyer up. Problem is suing the school only hurts the taxpayers and not the school administration.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10924 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
lawyer up. Problem is suing the school only hurts the taxpayers and not the school administration.

Unless the terms of the settlement are that the relevant administrator(s) are fired and held personally liable for the father's legal bills. But that's probably too much to hope for.

Posts: 7267 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scsigs:
Doesn't seem like they got hearing protection on...

I always shoot with ear plugs. Can't stand ear muffs.

quote:
no range bag or ammo on the bench.

So?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
I'm obviously in denial b/c when I see stories like this my immediate reaction is to say "Come on... No way... that can't be true."

But it is true.

And it gets my blood boiling. Mad

These GDCs need to be set straight

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
When I was in high school, for my senior project research paper, I wrote about gun control, obviously from a pro-gun stance. Got to visit gun websites, bring in issues of NRA publications, all that jazz. Kind of curious what they would shove up my ass if I tried that today.

When I was in high school my world history teacher brought his deer rifle into the classroom, had it in the corner. He was doing some work on the stock in the woodshop during lunchtime. No one gave it a second thought.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
I suspect the kid just got his college paid for and then some. Wink

Hope he earns a useful degree.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
How does a school justify suspending a student doing a supervised and legal activity OUTSIDE OF SCHOOL HOURS AND PROPERTY?

Posts: 33806 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:

Screw the taxpayer. Sue them into a world of hurt, then the taxpayer can find the time to vote for a new school board. The facist administration is a reflection of those taxpayers, and the taxpayers have the power to change it.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I hope he takes Kurt Schlicter's advice and not only tells the school to FOAD, but sues them as well and gets that suspension erased. A suspension on the boy's record will hurt him at college admissions time (if he decides to go).

Posts: 27952 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
How does a school justify suspending a student doing a supervised and legal activity OUTSIDE OF SCHOOL HOURS AND PROPERTY?

Tovarisch, children are the property of the State, it is the sperm/egg donor's responsibility to ensure that the State's property is not damaged, either physically, or mentally with counterrevolutionary ideas, such as introducing them so such bourgeois concepts as private arms ownership.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Wait a minute... doesn't this cause the student anxiety? I thought that was to be avoided at all cost? Think of the stigma he will carry now in school given his suspension. How will he carry on?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
I would so sue the person(s) responsible for my son's suspension. I would never stop fighting until I got justice. People would say, "What is synth's purpose in life?" And, people would respond, "To make the anti-gun asshole-who-suspended-his-son's life a living Hell." If anyone ever wanted proof that America's public education system has been taken over by GDCs, here it is! This is so wrong, it just boggles my mind, and makes me mad as Hell! Mad

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10705 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Is a civil suit against school admins applicable here:
- 1st A - persecuted for the photo/post
- 2nd A - persecuted for use of firearm?

Go after the admins person income - not the taxpayer funded school system.

At the very least, arrange for the right persons to have a "chat" with said administrators Wink

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4577 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post