SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    If you like tools and metal and skills watch this
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you like tools and metal and skills watch this Login/Join 
Picture of wrightd
posted
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2jNeObHnZY

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8657 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
Outstanding work!

Posts: 5734 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
@1:45ish

"That's not a wrench... THIS is a wrench!"

Posts: 32490 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish I had the time and tools to take on projects like that.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
He made it like brandy new. Some people would let that nice old vice hit the scrap pile.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D4Heavy
posted Hide Post
Great video. I love watching good metal working skills.

Posts: 397 | Location: Alabama | Registered: December 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted Hide Post
Clean shirts, clean hands and work place. Plus he know what he is doing! Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 2401 | Location: Riverton Wyoming | Registered: June 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I don't know man I
just got here myself
Picture of mrw
posted Hide Post
Nice, real nice. Thanks for posting that

mrw

Hand Made Custom Knives
www.sandownforge.com

Posts: 1737 | Location: Gulf Coast Florida | Registered: June 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool video and a beautiful piece or work. I love a good vice!

Posts: 2690 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Wow, that was fascinating!
Thank you for sharing that.

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Nice job on restoring a piece of history.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4829 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shiftyvtec
posted Hide Post
That's a neat vise and fine refinishing job. Looks to be foreign but this guy has to be made aware of Evaporust for future projects. It does an awesome job when used correctly and can be had for $22USD. My shop is never without it.

Sand/media blaster are really nice to have but they sure do make a mess.

Posts: 1568 | Location: Near Austin, TX | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
They don't make them like they used to.

People pay big bucks for these restored ancient vices. They even collect them.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
Throw out the WD-40. If he’d hit it with Kroil. It would have opened. And a crescent wrench? If he has a mill to make a tool, he would have sockets and ratchets.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
Serious craftsmanship !! Outstanding, love to watch someone like that.

Posts: 3850 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
Nice work although, replacing the jaws seemed a little odd to me. I would have re-surfaced the originals.

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3110 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:

People pay big bucks for these restored ancient vices. They even collect them.

They sure do, and you should see the prices for old blacksmithing anvils. It's astounding what folks pay for them, but where else can you get one nowadays.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Pretty nice shop he has there

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Why the oil stoning before sand blasting?

I would think using the stone after blasting would save time (with judicious aiming of the sand of course)

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14034 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post