SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Looks good actually. How does the foot look? Did she buy it on the street or beach? Big Grin

There are just so many fakes in the Caribbean. The key will be where she bought it.

Posts: 12918 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
The foot?

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
the end that you light.

A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
She bought it at the duty free store in St. Kitts.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Should be good to go Warhorse. It looks legit.

A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jeff, is it a good brand?

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Yes, the Churchill is a classic.

A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Thanks again.

I will burn it after a good meal in the near future, and post my impressions of it.

Captain Obvious
posted Hide Post
Personal current favorite is Myfather Judge Gran Toro.

Close runner up is Padron 2000 Robusto.

Posts: 3364 | Registered: July 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Happy easter guys.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same to you Jay, and everyone else. Smoking a La Jugada the Rake at the moment.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Thought this info on the history of some of our favorite cigar brand names was worth a share....

What's in a brand name?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
That was a really interesting read. If the embargo ever ends some of our favorite smokes may have new names. Crazy how general cigar and altadis bought up all the rights to the cuban counterparts. I love how they pissed off castro by deliberately stealing the Cohiba name.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I dislike the non cuban cigars that stole the cuban brand name. I think 99% are garbage, and it is lazy. It trades off cuban names and provides an inferior product. How many new cigar smokers have gotten the bad first impression from the crap General or Altidas put out.

There are so many good brands that had to make a name for themselves, Tatuaje, My Father, crowned Heads, Viaje, La Palina, Drew Estate, Fuente, Avo, Olivia, Aj Fernandez.....

I hope general and Altidas go out of business if the Embargo is ever lifted.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Aj you whore you are dead to me, Wink

https://halfwheel.com/ramon-al...ez-launch-may/258628

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Well it sounds good on paper, the AJ remakes have been better than anything else General cigar puts out but they have all been a bit too peppery for me. I will give this a shot though. Ill give General and Altadis credit for actually purchasing the brands from the families they belonged to, oh and for the Montecristo white series.

Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
I've been adding more sticks since acquiring the larger humidor. Picked up a box of Liga Privada No.9 Flying pigs and Feral flying pigs. Odd shapes but they do smoke nicely. I think the Feral pig is better than the No.9 pig. I had a Feral on Saturday night at the Tampa Bay Brewing Co Brew Fest event. Went very nicely with all of the porters I was trying. Myself and some buddies are going to the Drew Estate Barn Smoker event up in Clermont on 5/19. I have a fishing buddy who has been to the last couple and said it's a blast so looking forward to it.

Posts: 1315 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
These beauts just came through the door right now.

Posts: 1315 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
Almost bought a box of those awhile back but talked myself out of it. Need to smoke some of my Cuban stock before I purchase more.

Let us know how good they are

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Nice cigars!

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post