SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
2 bands, a ribbon and some cedar. Fancy.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Perfect construction, draw, ash. Good blast of spice and mild pepper on light up. A smooth almost creamy flavor of cedar. From start to finish, no transitions, no surprises. Good but a little boring, retrohale had some pepper kick and the aroma was very neutral and mild. I wouldn't buy more.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Round 2.

posted Hide Post
You need to let Opus X age. The more years the better.

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Just tossed this Frown

Draw was awful oh well

Time to go find something else

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4784 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
I bought 2 Opus, ill let the other one sit for a long while. Thats a shame about the Imperiosa. Its a damn good smoke.

posted Hide Post
A late night smoke for me as I absolutely can not sleep for some reason. A Tatuaje Pudgy Monster Chucky to see if it helps any.

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
About to start putting together a gazebo in the backyard. But first some coffee.

posted Hide Post
one of my favorites.

Posts: 680 | Location: East of the Rockies | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
After dinner smoke.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
After dinner smoke.

Jay, how is that Reserva? I want to make a Tatuaje purchase but not sure which one(s). Any recommendations?

Posts: 680 | Location: East of the Rockies | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Start with the Tatuaje Seleccion De Cazador the plain brown band. This is where it all started with Pete Johnson and Pepin Garcia. They were all rolled in Miami back in the early 2000s. They didnt have a Nicaraguan factory at that time. The Havana Cazadores,is my favorite vitola. Great ratio of wrapper binder and filler.

http://www.tatuajecigars.com/cazador.html

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4784 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gator, will do...thanks for the link.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Hard to go wrong with any Tatuaje, the Tattoo, Cojonu, miami 10th, so many that are great. Pete Johnson and My father can do no wrong. The broadleaf was pretty damn good. It started off kind of cedary and earthy but turned into lots black pepper and coco and coffee. With a heavy broadleaf flavor, it left a sweet kind of flavor lingering with me for hours.

posted Hide Post
Had the day off today so decided to try my first RASS with this morning's coffee...oh my, how good. Nubbed it, too Big Grin

While out back enjoying it, the mailman delivered this...

posted Hide Post
Guys, the UPS driver just pulled up and this is what he handed me from Famous Smoke. I have NO IDEA who sent these to me. It's not a backorder. Called the shop and they told me there was a note on the order the sender wanted to remain anonymous.

I'm not sure what to think.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm not sure what to think.

Wow! At some point your must have done something awesome for someone, happy to see we have people in this thread deserving of such an amazing anonymous karma!

Congrats! Smile

ETA - I just noticed the single Opus. Let that baby rest for a while!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Looks like you guys have been smoking some very nice smokes while I've been away. I'm looking for some help. I haven't been around much as things have been quite hectic and I'm in the process of a very big life change... 2.5 years ago, I fell getting out of my squad car (on duty thank goodness). After three surgeries I'm finally at the point where I'm done healing and a lifelong passion/career is coming to an end. I'm medically retiring (I filed my packet with the state today), and hopefully will be getting some type of duty disability. I plan to go back to school once I know what I want to do when I become an adult... However, to say this is quite scary and a major life event is an understatement.

Now, onto the question. I'd like to purchase some nice cigars to enjoy with my close friends and family. I'm thinking I'd like to stay around the $300 mark (ideally for a box up to ten). I'm also thinking that now may be the time to try some cubans. What do you guys think I should be looking at? What do you think is worthy of this momentous occasion?

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm thinking I'd like to stay around the $300 mark (ideally for a box up to ten).

Hey, nice to see you posting in the thread again! More to follow on this, and you will receive lots of suggestions, but trust me for $300 you can get a very nice box of something with 20 or even 25 in it and be incredibly satisfied.

If you really want to spend $300 on a box of 10, see my post a few Pages back about splitting a box of Davidoff Chef eddition with me.

Best of success on the career change!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Crowned heads La Careme for starters. Then maybe pick up some 5 packs of other suggestions. Smallbatchcigars.com has great 5 pack deals and free shipping that way you get a good variety. My father le bijou petite robusto is another great smoke too.