SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
All my favorites are backordered, and have been for a long time. Fortunately, I’ve still got a few, but weather is turning more springlike, at least periodically, and there’s more opportunities to enjoy a cigar.

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Paging Ronin,

Did I hear about a cigar tax in MN correctly, $5 per cigar? Applies to internet orders? I wonder if Cubans will become more prevalent. I also have heard of other countries Canada imposing large taxes on mailed cigars, European countries confiscating tobacco products. I wonder if liberal states will take it to this point.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
What's a good cigar to go with scotch?

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
Paging Ronin,

Did I hear about a cigar tax in MN correctly, $5 per cigar? Applies to internet orders? I wonder if Cubans will become more prevalent. I also have heard of other countries Canada imposing large taxes on mailed cigars, European countries confiscating tobacco products. I wonder if liberal states will take it to this point.

Get a private PO box in WI or some close state, have them shipped there, use a vpn and set your pc location to non MN, then when they come in Smoke a Cuban on the way home after you pick them up...

Or you can ship them here, I'll repackage them and mail to you tax free.

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:

I'm no expert but just about any cigar will pair well with Scotch. Just avoid anything flavored.

Posts: 12920 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:
quote:

I'm no expert but just about any cigar will pair well with Scotch. Just avoid anything flavored.

The Dalmore - Cigar Malt... Sad thing is this wasn't a thing when I bought my first bottle at Grand Street Station Liquor in NYC, $40 a bottle, now it's $150 a bottle...

But worth it...

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
Cheers!

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1731 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Had a Gurkha infused with rum that was pretty damn good. Now I’ll have to find a 5 pack of it.

I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
This is what it was:

https://www.cigarsinternationa...erve-cigars/1411121/

Local shop had it for $14/stick. Even buying in bulk these bad boys are expensive.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Hey there fellow BOL’s -

It’s been a good cigar week; I was able to pick up 2 boxes of Liga UF-13’s, a box of Sharks, and one of these sets...

DREW ESTATE PREVIEWING NEW LINE DURING MAY LIVE SHOW

Smoke well gents.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12330 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
Drew Estate is starting up the Barn Smokers again. The FL event is now in Nov which should be pretty nice. Looking forward to it again.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: steelcityfishanddive,

Posts: 1315 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Guys, I’m on a bit of a mission.

I’m trying to track down two of these, any help?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12330 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My one local has heaven and earth, but they do not look like those. They are priced at $86 each.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
My one local has heaven and earth, but they do not look like those. They are priced at $86 each.

Hey, good morning Peter!

Yeah, I’m looking for the “purple rain” version.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/h...ple-rain/365171/amp/

A buddy of mine is a former Ranger and combat vet, he has seen some shit in his day and Cigars are his version of a therapy dog.

He is a big fan of Opus but lives in an area where B&M is pretty limited. It’s been a bit of a thing for the 2 of us to surprise the other with what we can track down. Last year he was able to send me a few Fuente Sharks; his birthday is coming up and I am determined to find him these cigars as he considers them Grail Sticks.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
Good morning and Happy 4th of July to you John. I can ask the shop owner if he has any of the Purple Rain or knows where any are. He is a huge Fuente guy and has a large selection in the shop.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/aGMwaqosXLLXFqEj6

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Smoking a Southern Draw Manzanita robusto this afternoon. Great medium to full body cigar with a sugar sweetness and black pepper flavor. Has a few transitions to it in the background throughout the smoke. So far I enjoy the robusto to the gordo and have a toro in the humidor to try as well. While they are not cheap, I do not mind paying the $13 for these cigars. A great cigar company that is run by a fellow veteran that has great cigars. They also send some proceeds to veteran and first responder groups.

If you have not had any Southern Draw cigars I highly recommend them. They have something for every strength cigar smoker.

I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Strange as this may sound, I may have found my beverage of choice for smoking: sweet tea...

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Good evening Gents. Happy 4th…

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Strange as this may sound, I may have found my beverage of choice for smoking: sweet tea...

Not strange at all IMO, but then I'm sitting here with an AF Hemingway and a large glass of iced tea.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Good evening Gents. Happy 4th…

I was 19 years old when I discovered there were other types of tea other than sweat and iced.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post