SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3XHL3dMbNgLP6DH26

Sunday morning relaxation. Olivia V, a cup of Peet's Brazilian coffee, and the paper.

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Uhhh...what is this paper of which you speak?? Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Uhhh...what is this paper of which you speak?? Big Grin

The Al Bundy Edition:

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sunday news paper. Skip through most of the garbage and read the local stuff and definitely read the comics!

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
tried a Drew Estates Tabak especial last night , the Robusto Negra, 5x54, GREAT after dinner smoke with coffee , the flavor was very creamy and lots of coffee flavor, not so much like a nub or something, subtle and still knew u were smoking a real cigar..def a good morning/coffee or desert cigar

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3315 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
so...theoretically, I fi made an overseas penpal, could they just not ship me Cubans here to me??

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,

Posts: 3315 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by golddot:
so...theoretically, I fi made an overseas penpal, could they just not ship me Cubans here to me??

No need brother. Just use a reputable vendor. No need to insert a middle man, so to speak. I’m sure someone here will be happy to share a source with you. We tend to hold these Sources close to the vest to protect them. Reputable vendors guarantee delivery as part of their business.

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
well, I have a son in law graduating Marine OCS in December , would love to treat him the real deal..If anyone can help that would be great, long time member here in good standing. PM EM me..
thanks

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
well, I have a son in law graduating Marine OCS in December , would love to treat him the real deal..If anyone can help that would be great, long time member here in good standing. PM EM me..
thanks

If you objective is to simply give him Cuban cigars, many of us can assist. But...I can can promise you that I (and a number of us here) could send you some non-Cuban sticks that would put most Cubans to shame.

I don't even buy today's Cuban's anymore. I look for specific box dates and brands (currently trying to track down some 2013 Monte#2), today's are just too inconsistent, and recently kind of disappointing.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Tonight's post Father's Day dinner smoke is a Davidoff Churchill.

Logrusmaster had us over for dinner tonight. He made ribs on his new smoker grill and they were phenomenal! My bride made my favorite Mocha Torte.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
thanks

If you objective is to simply give him Cuban cigars, many of us can assist. But...I can can promise you that I (and a number of us here) could send you some non-Cuban sticks that would put most Cubans to shame.

I don't even buy today's Cuban's anymore. I look for specific box dates and brands (currently trying to track down some 2013 Monte#2), today's are just too inconsistent, and recently kind of disappointing.

thank you Ronin, I may just pic him up some nice Ashtons or Davidoffs

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
tried a Drew Estates Tabak especial last night , the Robusto Negra, 5x54, GREAT after dinner smoke with coffee , the flavor was very creamy and lots of coffee flavor, not so much like a nub or something, subtle and still knew u were smoking a real cigar..def a good morning/coffee or desert cigar

The Tabaks are an amazing smoke, had one last night...

Posts: 23242 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Had my last one of these while helping my 2 buddies celebrate Father's Day with their family...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
I need to replenish my supply of those. One of my favorites.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1768 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Agreed. They are in my top 5. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Smoking a HVC Edición Especial 2015 Toro tonight which my shop owner suggested on my last visit. Dinner tonight wa a 2" thick ribeeye done on the grill along with some lions mane mushroom sauteed in butter, a baked potato and the last of the asparagus from our garden. Drinking one of my hoarded Bell's Double Two Hearted Ales which Bells released just about a year ago,

The stick was pitched to me as "Cubanesque". The Mexican wrapper teams well with the Nicaraguan filler. You get hints of pepper but not as dramatic as my experience with pure Nicaraguan cigars. I'm ging to pick up a few more of these and see if they benefit from a bit more time in the humidor but a nice smoke all around.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
Had me a Diplo #2 yesterday. First stick in awhile as it's been too damn hot out to enjoy it. Headed to Sevierville, TN this weekend for a friend's 40th so I'll be bringing a couple good ones to enjoy the cooler nights.

Posts: 1312 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fuente Hemingway tonight because they are an old favorite. Saturday night chill but I'm working the boo boo bus overnight tomorrow. What are you all smoking and drinking tonight?

posted Hide Post
Smoking a Man O War Ruination tonight. Fired it up at 8 and still have about 2" to go!

posted Hide Post
Any word on how Gator is doing with the covid? I have not seen any posts from him in a while.