SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
Watching the Clearwater Powerboat races today. Tried an AJ Fernandez Upmann today. It had a spice that stayed with it the whole way. Wasn’t a fan.
https://imgur.com/a/fe00W

On a bright note, I got a box of Olivia V robustos from CI on the make me an offer for $67.

Posts: 1312 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe I'm jumping the gun a bit, but today I subscribed to Cigar Aficionado, the Print edition. Should start getting it in three weeks, the girl said.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
Maybe I'm jumping the gun a bit, but today I subscribed to Cigar Aficionado, the Print edition. Should start getting it in three weeks, the girl said.

Newt, I actually like the print edition. It's fairly inexpensive for the information contained within. You can usually get a "buddy" subscription for the price of one.

Posts: 680 | Location: East of the Rockies | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, gnut, it's too late to list you as my buddy, I'm already signed up! Wink

Seriously, I don't remember that being mentioned on CA's website, and the girl who took my info didn't say anything about it. If I'd have known, there would have been a quick karma in this thread.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
This little robusto is pretty damn amazing! A must try smoke. Its a blackworks studio, boondock saint.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I had this Estaban Carreras Mr Brownstone it good I enjoyed it. Similar to an Aj Fernandez stick, but with more complexity.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4785 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
Opened up my box of Oliva V yesterday to take a stick to the Keys charity event at Tampa Bay Brewing Company. Man are these good. Nice coffee and chocolate notes and smoooooth.

Posts: 1312 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
Sorry, gnut, it's too late to list you as my buddy, I'm already signed up! Wink

Seriously, I don't remember that being mentioned on CA's website, and the girl who took my info didn't say anything about it. If I'd have known, there would have been a quick karma in this thread.

Oh no, sorry for confusion but wasn't looking for dual sign-up. I already had a subscription and was just noting that CA often offers the dual subscription for the price of one. Appreciate it, though Wink

Posts: 680 | Location: East of the Rockies | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Beautiful night for a smoke.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Has anyone received this years SnS kit yet?

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I don't believe it shipped yet. Usually you get an email. Also you can check your order in the store it will go from processing to shipped.

I am in the florida keys putting the house back together, and cleaning it up. Been working my ass off.

Time for a tat and rum.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4785 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gator, I hope the damage was minimal and your work gets done fast.

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I got incredibly lucky, soffits blown out, other minor damage, the house was covered in seaweed and insulation from houses in the neighborhood blown apart. I put a standing seam metal roof screws 6" O.C. that saved my home. Roofing shingles from my neighbors roofs hit the house going so fast they left asphalt smudges impregnated in the vinyl siding.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

posted Hide Post
I'm glad to hear that. It is tough work though. Arms over the head all day makes for soreness if you are not used to it.

I don't know if it is the photo or if your eave is sagging in the middle of the span. It looks like the porch is raised in the middle so I am thinking it is an illusion from the camera.

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
The soffit was sagging I pulled it down and replaced.

Round 2

Go gators

#killtheunicorns

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
The photo does make it look like the whole roof is sagging is the middle, i bet its just the camera angle.
I saw pictures of the SnS kit in groups already, people selling the sticks for 400$+ Roll Eyes

My plan is to keep some of the smokes and share the rest with the Half ashed lounge, I will update when it arrives.

These Small club coronas never disappoint.

posted Hide Post
I see the issue is an optical illusion. With the eve cap bent down it looks like the roofline sags.

I'm enjoying a La Flor Dominicana la nox this evening.

These damn cabinets have me a little pissed off and I needed to take a break. The counter tops are being templates on Wednesday so I need to get these three installed and I'm done. Too bad I need a glass/tile drill bit to mount the 2x4's to the floor so I can secure the cabinets. It's always something to slow me down!

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
My favorite fuente.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Some TAA tonight.

posted Hide Post
It has been a long time...I am smoking a La Flor Dominicana Andelusion Bull this evening. The kitchen is just about finished and I will post pictures after this finishes up. I have a couple hours until that happens though. So enjoy your Sunday evening in the mean time!