SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Had a blind taste cigar, it was meh+, suffered from slightly tight draw issues. Flavors were muted and smoke production was affected. I suspect it was a quality Nicaraguan cigar.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The choice for tonight while listening to the Penguins game. Appropriate for a hockey game!

Man O War Skull Crusher

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Padron 45 Year tonight in honor of my dad.

Saving something special for this coming Father's Day and then his July birthday.

Need to think of something tradition worthy to smoke going forward on those two dates.

Rest In Peace Poppy.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12329 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Crowned Heads Las Calaveras

The image depicts a female skeleton dressed only in a hat, and has become an icon of the Mexican Dia de los Muertos, or Day of the Dead. The holiday focuses upon gatherings of family and friends to pray for and remember those who have died.Beginning with the Edicion Limitada 2014, Las Calaveras will be an annual release that is a respectful homage to those who have passed away in the year before, and is intended to be a celebration of their lives and remembrances, rather than a mourning or a symbol of sadness and death. Each year, we all lose a friend or loved one, or know of someone who has endured that same loss. In today’s fast-paced world, it is all too easy to forget the fragile nature that is life. Often, in the race to gain material success, we lose sight that our true legacy are the lives we touch and the love we leave behind once we pass on. It is in this spirit that Las Calaveras pays tribute to those who have touched our lives and shared their love.With each year’s annual limited release, the blend and presentation of Las Calaveras will be altered. What will remain the same, however, is the spirit behind the cigar. We hope that with this annual remembrance, we will choose to celebrate–rather than mourn–the lives of those who have so graciously shared their legacies with us.

The 2014 blend was later turned into a regular release la imperiosa so you could throw that in the mix as well.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
John, once again I am sorry for your loss. As far as what to smoke I don't have anything in mind. I will say this though, smoke something you enjoy and gives you fond memories of your Father.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
I have thought about that same thing John, lost my dad last summer. I have a padron 50th anniversary lined up for my birthday, i have a bunch of Viaje exclusivo Nicaragua I smoke on my grandma's anniversary, my moms side of the family is from there. I havent come up with anything to smoke yet, if i do I'll let you know. The hammer story makes a padron seem appropriate, so does a glass of old heaven hill bonded, his favorite bourbon.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
John, I'm going to bust open my original release box of Behike 52's to send you one. I'll get it out on Monday brother.

Posts: 12920 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
In celebration of my 59th birthday this week, I'm smoking an Opus X and savoring some Maker's 46.

Soon as I lit it up my wife asked what I was smoking as it smelled so good. I've made them my birthday cigar for the past few years. They are very mild compared to my usual picks but always great. Think this is the last one in the humidor. My local shop usually has a box and they are decently priced.

Posts: 11222 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
...thank you for the comments guys (and the Cigar, Jeff. That will be my Father's Day stick for this year).

It has not even been a week yet...this is not a club I was ready to join.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12329 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Great weather today. All the weekend duties are done. Time for some Fire.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Would love to get my hands on one of these. Doubtful though....

http://www.cigaraficionado.com...ts-a-limited-culebra

Interesting history, too:

The word culebra is Spanish for "snake." The practice is said to have been invented as a way for Cuban factory owners to ensure their rollers were not exceeding their three-cigars-per-day allotment. They would be given one braided culebra so a worker smoking (or taking) a straight cigar could be recognized as stealing.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
If you want a Culebra there are other brands, tatuaje has one and Partagas has a Cuban version that's regularly available.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
So excited. We booked a trip to Cuba for next May. It a 60th B-Day present to myself. We are doing a 8 day cruise from Miami on the Oceana Sirena to Havana, Santiago De Cuba and Cienfuegos, multiple days docked in Havana.

posted Hide Post
Congrats Jeff on going to the "Motherland"

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Very nice Jeff, enjoy your cruise and pick up as many smokes as you can.

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
It's a year away but I'll be sure to do a handrolll/farm cigar Karma from the Island.

Actually, why wait. Up for a Karma are 2 hand rolled cuban cigars from Carlos, the house roller at the LCDH in TJ. I'll also throw in a Cohiba Behike 52 from the original release.

Just post 'in' here.

Rules: must be a participant in this thread. :+)

posted Hide Post
In! Thanks for the chance Jeff

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Cool karma Jeff. Im in.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
So in on that thanks for the opportunity Jeff.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
Jeff, would be honored if you include me "in" on your Karma.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post