SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ronin. I don't do Facebook but I wish I could have watched the Pete interviews.

Gator:

I have a dummy Facebook acct I use for stupid shit. Send me an email and I'll share the login info so that you can watch the videos.

John

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Was that you
or the dog?
Picture of SHOOTIN BLANKS
posted Hide Post
Has anyone messed with the Boveda Bluetooth Butler?

Boveda Butler

Posts: 1628 | Location: PA | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Part 3 of 3 - Pete Johnson from Tatuaje discusses the upcoming cigar conference in Vegas
https://www.facebook.com/tobac...os/2602165106770640/

Another one:
"Cigars From Afar" with Alan Rubin, Alec, Bradley and Steve from Alec Bradley Cigars!

https://www.facebook.com/tobac...eos/541760173408520/

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post

New arrivals

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GA Gator,

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4784 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Nice, Gator. I got my box last week.

As an aside, I think you’ll enjoy this. Conan O’Brian visits a Cuban Cigar Factory....

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
A.J. Fernandez New World box pressed tonight. Couple fingers of Buffalo Trace to go with it.

Cigar shops are closed here until either we get a new governor or May 29 whichever comes first.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CAO Maduro tonight with a 2015 vintage Bells Third Coast Old Ale that holds up really well with the stick.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So I checked out the Boveda Butler in the link above. I don't think it will help in my situation of only having one humidor that I am in every day. Those with aging cabinets or overflow humidors that rarely get opened up, it would be a good tool to have. https://foxcigar.com/shop/acce...oveda/boveda-butler/

They are on sale here with free shipping if any one is interested.

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spent about 3 hours on the garden tractor mowing. Time to celebrate surviving another week. My shop opened up this week and I refilled some holes in th ehumidor. Bought this Avo Syncro tubo as they were new in their humidor. Great stick!

DSC_9750 by Brad Benzing, on Flickr

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Pretty good pile of bands in the corner of that pic.

I am having a crowned heads Headley Grange and a light beer. This was the first hot weekend day we have had so far this year. Son had his first baseball practice since March (?)

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4784 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love the way you caught the glow on that. I will have to look for that stick.

Yup, the bands pile up and then I toss them in a ziplock. About once a year I go through the bag and pick out the ones I don't already have in my band book and paste them on a page.

Nice weather is finally here so I'll move from smoking at my computer desk to out by the fire pit

Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen, I want to order some mild cigars and on Thompson's site I see offerings such as these:
https://www.thompsoncigar.com/...icut/86126/#p-179020

Should I be looking for something better or somewhere else?

I generally only smoke a couple a week in warm weather at the fire or on the porch so 30 or 40 will last me the season. A variety as long as they are all pretty mild might be good.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7039 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Unless something has changed you want to avoid Thompsons.

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
OK, any mail order suggestion you could recommend?

Posts: 7039 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
JR Cigars
Cigars International

Ordered from both with zero problems...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Thank you pilot!

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:

What’s going on with Thompson’s, Jeff?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Ride,
Check your email, I'll send you a sampler.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:

What’s going on with Thompson’s, Jeff?

Notoriously bad reviews just about everywhere. Known for dried out, poor quality sticks, very pushy.

http://www.cigarinspector.com/thompson-cigar/

They also get dinged for unauthorized credit card charges.

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Anyone waiting on Cubans? I am 4+ weeks on an order.

RideWV let me know if you want that sampler.

Chi Chi, get the yayo