SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Gator, you will be surprised by that Cromagnon candella if you have not had one yet. Also, set aside about three hours for the Bull.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
I got almost the same package. Thanks again Gerry.

Not celebrating anything i just wanted something strong to help me forget the day. A double of blantons is accompanying this cigar.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
Gator, you will be surprised by that Cromagnon candella if you have not had one yet. Also, set aside about three hours for the Bull.

Let us know if you taste chocolate milk from the bull. So far 5 out of 5 people i know have tasted chocolate milk for almost the whole first half.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I have had this for many years, it has been a one off in the bottom of one of my humidors for a long time. It is a Pepin Garcia master piece.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
That smoke looks gorgeous. How was it?

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Having an original Four kicks this morning. This has a lot more spice and pepper than the LE, completely different smokes.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
This is my puppy/smoking buddy, Blue. Whenever I am on the patio having a smoke he is always right next to me chewing something to bits. Soccer balls, tree branches tennis balls, whatever he can get teeth on. He's a 7 month old Aussie we rescued back in February.

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
***** A bit off topic of cigars *****

Backstory: My HP OfficeJet Pro 8000 gave up the ghost last week and I had to by a new printer. In the process of troubleshooting, cleaning the print heads, etc., I installed BRAND NEW HP 940XL toner cartridges (all 4 colors)...'XL' indicating extra capacity. My new printer (OfficeJet Pro 8710 MFC) takes a different toner cartridge. I printed maybe 10 pages with these cartridges, so they are still virtually brand new and I hate to just throw them out.

Since y'all are the closest-knit group I have on the forum, I wanted to see if any of y'all have a need for for these cartridges. I'll ship them to you for nothing just to get rid of them. It's sad that a set of cartridges now cost more than the damned printer itself!! Mad

My e-mail is in my profile, so the first person to shoot me an e-mail gets the toner. I hope someone here can use them (or someone you know). Please check around, as I'd love to gift these to someone that could use them.

Ciao brothers!!

Edited to correct model number of toner cartridges.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: erj_pilot,

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
No use for the ink but we signed up for HPs ink service and its totally worth it. We use maybe 1 or 2 cartridges a year and only pay 2$ a month. The printer tells hp when we are running low, hp send us new cartridges and a return label for the empties. Still less than buying 1 cartridge a year. If you use more ink than that you will receive emails about price changes. The MIL goes through a ton of cartridges printing medical reports for her 2 foster kids (special needs) and only pays 9$ a month.

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Yup.....Ink Service came with the 8710.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Woodsy grassy, some hay. First light was a surprising blast of pepper, the draw and construction is perfect, too perfect for a cc.

posted Hide Post
Enjoy guys. Very happy to send some your way.

Post up a review of the EPC III when you smoke them. I think they are fantastic, with flavor changes every third.

Posts: 680 | Location: East of the Rockies | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
The Hoyo got very citrusy (is that a word) kind of fruity and spicy. I liked it alot. After all the bad CCs ive had this and Cohiba Siglo were refreshing. Thanks afain Gerry.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Last evening's treat.

Serialized La Aurora 100 Años.
I would have purchased more if I had known that they were so limited.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12315 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Fruity" is the official flavor description for the epi 2. I quite like them for a different change, so much, I've waiting on another cab to show up.

Posts: 680 | Location: East of the Rockies | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Smoking a Camacho Powerband. Nothing special with no flavors jumping out.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Last evening's treat.

Serialized La Aurora 100 Años.
I would have purchased more if I had known that they were so limited.

John, is that the belicoso? How was it?

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
John, is that the belicoso? How was it?

Yes. This is one of the sticks from the original 2003 production. I am still kicking myself for not buying more when given the opportunity, I just didn't know what I had.

I said last night while smoking it, might be one of the best cigars I have ever smoked. Cuban or non-Cuban. The burn was perfect, I took it down to about a 3/4" burn before I had to kill it. I was warned not to let it get too hot; so I worked at keeping the space between puffs to a minute or so.

In the end I was able to easily pick up the chocolate and coffee notes it is known for and got 2+ hours out of it.

I've seen online that there are limited versions of this created in 2012, tempting....but these recreations just never seem to do justice to the original. (the Tat Miami is a perfect example)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12315 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Who here is not on facepalm...i mean Facebook?

This is tonight's choice. PDR sungrown.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
We have a pretty active chat group going on FB if anyone wants to join, email me or Petr. We wont ignore the thread though.