SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Getting ready to fire up a Churchill rolled by Reynaldo in Havana.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jeff Yarchin,

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Don Pepin Garcia 15th Anniversary!

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jeff, How was that Churchill? Was it fresh rolled while you were there?

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
It was great Pete. He rolled 20 various cigars for me. He rolled me a welcome cigar and then went to work while I smoked.

Reynaldo is best known for his thicker ring gauges. The 'Elephante' is... huge. I don't know if I can even smoke it but I'll give it a try at some point. I prefer the thinner cigars. 42 - 48 is what I prefer.

posted Hide Post
Interesting. I was told that fresh rolled needed to be smoked immediately or had to sit a minimum of six months before smoking. Ammonia builds up and is slowly released as they age was the reasoning.

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
It depends on the age of the tobacco used.

posted Hide Post
I didn't know that. Thanks for the education Jeff.

I smoked that 15th Anniversary last night. It was ok. Very smooth but I wasn't picking anything spectacular out of it. Maybe with age they will get better. I may have to grab another and sit on it. At $24 each though, it's an expensive gamble. Then there is the limited edition factor to consider. Just when they get real good to smoke, you won't be able to find them!

Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
This is an interesting smoke, the wrapper stops an inch from the foot.

Flavors were really good at this point.

Got a burst of pepper and spice here, which quickly turned smooth, and creamy and has settled into some sweet flavors.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Good evening all.

The Partagas Short is probably one of the best bang for the bucks coming out of Cuba. It's a full flavored 30-40 minute flavor bomb that has everything I love about Cuban cigars.

Have a great weekend all.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
I had a cab from 14 that didnt taste all that good, many were plugged so bad not even a perfect draw tool could fix them. I like the short/petite corona size and wanted them to be good smokes really bad. I may try again now that you posted this. What year is your box? The wrapper looks alot darker than the ones I had.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Happy father's day to all the dads and stepdad out there.

posted Hide Post
Happy Fathers Day to you as well. Smoking a Liga No.9 Viva Corona again today after yard work today.

Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
Has anyone been to the Tampa Humidor Cigar Bash? I think it is in October each year

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
I've never been to Tampa Cigar bash but I've been to Serious cigars Texas cigar fest. Previous ownership put on a great party. Great deals on boxes, lots of brand owners there to answer questions give you a special smoke you can only get from them. Good people, food and booze. Serious used to put on 2 festivals a year, one paid, like I just described, the other free with raffles and usually 1 guest brand owner giving away swag etc. I wouldn't hesitate to go at least once.

In Serious' case the new ownership plain sucks. Tickets for cigar fest used to sellout in 15 minutes. This year the day before the festival I was getting emails offering tickets at over 100$ off.

Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
Good day today. The local shop that I purchased a box of Liga Privada Unico Feral Flyings Pigs previously called me earlier today with news of a new shipment. So I drove over and picked up 2 boxes. I also received a new Colibri slide lighter back from warranty. My lighter unexpectedly stopped sliding last week which means no fire. So I sent it back to them with a copy of the receipt. No questions asked, a new one was sent out to me.

Have to add a pic of course -

This message has been edited. Last edited by: steelcityfishanddive,

Posts: 1312 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
Where do you shop in Tampa? I hit Davidoff and Tampa Humidor relatively frequently.

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I purchased these from Tobacco Depot on Dale Mabry. Dawn has taken care of me on the 4 boxes of Liga's that I have purchased there. I've been in Tampa Humidor several times to purchase some little things like cedar trays for my humidor and some singles but I have not smoked in there. It seems like a nice hangout but it's a stretch for me since I live off of Racetrack/Hillsborough.

I enjoy Davidoff in the summer and go there to meet buddies. It's too damn hot to smoke on the back porch in the summer so going there is a nice treat. I was there twice last week. Obviously pricey but a great atmosphere and comfy seating. The bar talent is also pretty nice.

Posts: 1312 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
July 4th sale at Small Batch -

July 4th Specials!
We have four different specials running from now until midnight on July 4th!

CODE: 4TH = 17.76% plus 5% reward points off no minimum

CODE: RED = 22% off plus 5% reward points and one Davidoff Year Of The Rooster on purchases $250+

CODE: WHITE = 20% off plus 5% reward points and one Davidoff Aniversario No. 2 on purchases $125+

CODE: BLUE = 24% off plus plus 5% reward points and one Zino Platinum Z-Crown Stout on purchases $500+ (20 available)

Please log in and apply code before checking out

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Anyone use cigar.com?