SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
Maybe but wouldn't that be Platinum Series? I hate acronyms

Having said that I am going out to smoke a MFLB1922

Smile

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
If it is Cuban PE = Petite Edmundo

Posts: 12920 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
Petite Edmundo.

Posts: 1315 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finestcubancigars.com described the taste of your Petit Edmundo as "vegetal." Care to comment? Wink

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9154 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
quote:
Petit Edmundo

Try this site for reviews

http://www.cigarinspector.com/...cristo-petit-edmundo

You might want to read this also concerning Finest Cuban Cigars

https://www.cigaranalysis.com/...ars-is-fake-or-real/

I have ordered from them in years past and had no problems with their cigars but this has given me some doubts

Cigar Inspector has great information on Cubans

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
I'd avoid Finest Cubans.

Here is another great review website:
http://www.cigars-review.org

posted Hide Post
I placed an order with FCC and the quality was pretty shitty. I have a couple pics that show some pretty ratty looking wrappers. I have only been buying from Rob at Friends of Habanos. The quality has been awesome.

In regards to the Monte PE, it’s nothing but smooth creaminess and chocolate notes for me.

Posts: 1315 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I mentioned FCC only because they were the first name that came up when I Googled the Monte PE, and they had the funny description of the taste.

I know better than to buy anywhere without checking with you guys first! Cool

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9154 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A little job site C&C this morning. Juan Lopez #2
http://imgur.com/AMAi5bW

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Nice, Those are tasty.

I just finished up working on the house. We are here for the holiday week.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Rass to start the day. Turkey is in the smoker.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vegas Robaina Don Alejandro today
https://m.imgur.com/a/YWklx

Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Don carlos 80th shark. I like the Robusto size better, but still a damn good smoke.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The turkey went into the oven a couple hours late, still baking at 9PM. At least it gave me a chance for a smoke -- La Perla Habana White Pearl from CI's sampler, Robusto 5" was just about the right size.

Good smoke, seemed to respond better to a strong pull, and a nice mild taste.

Sorry I didn't get a picture, but I don't have a flash on my flip phone.

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

posted Hide Post
Humidor question, for those in the know:

I only smoke about once every other week, but maintaining the humidity level means checking at least daily, and refilling the humidifier about every other day. I'm using one like this:

https://www.cigarsinternationa...tion/1467466/#p-4067

Any suggestions for something not-too-expensive that will require less attention? I'm trying for 65-75% humidity level.

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
Humidor question, for those in the know:

I only smoke about once every other week, but maintaining the humidity level means checking at least daily, and refilling the humidifier about every other day. I'm using one like this:

https://www.cigarsinternationa...tion/1467466/#p-4067

Any suggestions for something not-too-expensive that will require less attention? I'm trying for 65-75% humidity level.

Edited, sorry I misread your post.

Have you seasoned your humidor? If it is losing RH it may be leaking. Once seasoned you can just put a shot glass with distilled water right in the humidor.

I'd also suggest these, available in any RH...

https://www.amazon.com/Boveda-...=1-4&keywords=boveda

Keep in mind that when you open it, air/humidity escape. Once its seasoned and holding humidy you don't need to open it until you need a cigar.

posted Hide Post
Thanks, Jeff. CI carries the Boveda packs as well, so I'll add some to my next order. It looks like they can't be stored for future use, so I assume you just order new ones every two or three months?

I seasoned my humidor before using it, following the instructions in CI's video. Actually, it had to be seasoned twice before it was usable. I'll re-season it, though I've only had it less than four months.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: newtoSig765,

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
Thanks, Jeff. CI carries the Boveda packs as well, so I'll add some to my next order. It looks like they can't be stored for future use, so I assume you just order new ones every two or three months?

I seasoned my humidor before using it, following the instructions in CI's video. Actually, it had to be seasoned twice before it was usable. I'll re-season it, though I've only had it less than four months.

Sorry to say, it might just hold water...so to speak. If you seasoned it and still have to add water more than once or twice a month it's the humidor. It's leaking. Look for gaps.

Take a dollar and close the humidor with 1/2 in and 1/2 out and let the lid drop on the dollar. If you can pull the dollar our without resistance you won't be able to keep it seasoned.

posted Hide Post
This time of year is rough on humidors and their cigars. With the heat on in the house it dries everything out fast. Depending on the size of your humidor, I recommend the proper size of these.
https://www.cigarsinternationa...on/1481323/#p-152554

https://www.cigarsinternationa...idification/1481321/

I know someone that has the top one and I have the bottom one. Works fantastic with nothing needed but refilling the water every couple of months for the larger one and I replaced the sponge in mine after a year.

There are also wireless hygrometers that you can get to see how your humidor is without having to open it. The Oasis that I linked above have this capability for $100. Xicar has a hygrometer system too but it is quite expensive as well. There are cheaper ones on Amazon if you search there.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, petr, neither of those meet one of my requirements -- the "not-too-expensive" requirement! Wink

For a hunnert'n change I'll go with the Bovida setup.

Thanks for the suggestion, though. It may be that my humidor is too cheap, since it was part of a CI special.

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18