SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted
What is your favorite cigars and occasion to enjoy them?

My favorite is the Por Larannaga Petite Corona. I enjoy one almost every morning on the deck along with a good cup of coffee.

I also love the Ramon Allones Allones Superior but it's too strong for morning enjoyment.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jeff Yarchin,

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I am a simple man. I enjoy a Macanudo Café while on vacation. I hope to enjoy one with my Step-Dad and Brothers on Easter Sunday.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oliva series v in toro. Absolutely love those. Summer time post work stress reliever on my deck.

Gurkha park avenue for when I'm golfing.

I'm a deplorable.

Posts: 671 | Location: Fargo ND | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
My go-to cigars are Partagas Blacks in the larger ring gauges - 54 to 60. As they're currently running over $8/per at my local smoke shop, I try to restrict myself to smoking them on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. I'll smoke some Upmann or Brioso maduras most weekday nights and weekend days.

I smoke far too many cigars. When I go on vacation to the Jersey shore, I smoke even more - 4 to 6 per day. This habit gets expensive.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Opus X, Arturo Fuente Hemmingway

Also enjoy the cubanitos

Had a red dot cohiba for the first time in awhile, I didnt pay for it as I think they're over priced but they are good.

La Gloria Cubana #6 when I have an hour and a half to kill.

Those are my favorites but I like others too.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I've been stuck on Partagas for some time now with the occasional 1926 or 1964 Anniversario as a special occasion treat.

My humidor is full as I bought an array of various brands that appealed, back when I retired in 2008. So I have a lot of nicely aged brands to choose from.

So my daily smoke is no set brand as I'm trying to try a little of everything from the humidor.

FN in MT

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRMATT:

I smoke far too many cigars. When I go on vacation to the Jersey shore, I smoke even more - 4 to 6 per day. This habit gets expensive.

Next visit to the Shore...Hit the Smoke shop in Barnegat Bay, (exit 67) right on the Main street. Nice folks and reasonable prices.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Liga Privada Dirty Rat
Perdomo Habano Corojo

Posts: 1181 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me it's a J.D Howard Reserve HR46 by Crowned heads with a glass of ice tea.

Posts: 47 | Registered: June 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
I've been on NUB's for a while I just like everything about them.

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had to give it up a few years ago, but my two favorites were Montecristo #2 and Moore & Bode torpedo

Posts: 160 | Location: Sarasota FL | Registered: April 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I don't deserve
this CUT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
I've been on NUB's for a while I just like everything about them.

Nubs are good. I don't keep a humidor at home anymore since switching to pipes, but when I'm out with friends that's what I'll reach for.

"If somebody says there ought to be a law there probably ought not." - Penn Jillette

Posts: 5246 | Location: Clearwater, FL | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I can't smoke now, but I love the smell of a good cigar and a adore cigar bands and boxes. I think I have about 6 bands and one box now. They're all so different and artistic. I actually considered putting a WTB ad on the classifieds at one point. lol

My favorite cigar band I have is a Deadwood Sweet Jane.

Posts: 11353 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I think my absolute favorite is the Padron 1964 Maduro in the Exclusivio. I still keep others and have a box of AF Anejo #46 coming today. There are Oliva Vs and Hemingway Maduros in there, too.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
These days I've been enjoying the snot out of the Drew Estate Java and Java Mints. Absolutely delicious, and the smoke from the Mint smells heavenly. My all-time favorite smoke is still Rocky Patel's Vintage 2003, though.

I tend to buy 1-2 boxes/year, and smoke them over the course of the year with friends. There's no set schedule, just a short checklist (weather good? friends here? got a lighter?).

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3349 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
I can't smoke now, but I love the smell of a good cigar and a adore cigar bands and boxes. I think I have about 6 bands and one box now. They're all so different and artistic. I actually considered putting a WTB ad on the classifieds at one point. lol

My favorite cigar band I have is a Deadwood Sweet Jane.

r0gue - I have some cigar boxes for you.

Posts: 3488 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRMATT:
My go-to cigars are Partagas Blacks in the larger ring gauges - 54 to 60. As they're currently running over $8/per at my local smoke shop, I try to restrict myself to smoking them on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.

Cigar.com has them at a pretty decent price if you are buying the box.
http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=255

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RB211
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm...... I have so many favorites, however, these are my most common:

Montecristo Media Noche
Cain F
Oliva V

Posts: 2039 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I haven't ventured into the high end stuff yet, mostly infused stuff. Right now I like cuban Honeys.

Usually after a long work week when I start my first day off.

I have a Dirt Torpedo I will most likely smoke tonight.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Too many good sticks out there to narrow it down to one. Though I found the Schizo is a nice stick that is cheap to be a new favorite. I also love the Camacho SLR maduro, La Gloria Cubana "N" and the "R", CAO Flathead Camshaft, My Father le Bijou and the Don Pepin 10th anniversary is a great stick but expensive to name a few. I am not a fan of the Drew Estate Undercrown or Liga no.9 however, the L40 dark is good but overpriced.

Edited to add: I smoked a Padron this morning from my brother at an egg hunt. It was nice out and was a decent smoke. It could have used a little age on it but still had good flavors.

Also, anytime I have some down time and is decent weather out at home I have a cigar. Most Wednesdays and Fridays I smoke one or two either at my brothers or Cigars International.

Light 'em if ya got 'em!

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post