SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Most times when I smoke a new to me cigar, I'll post a review. Here lately, I have been smoking the same sticks over and over so no reviews.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I am not one to get into specific flavors of cigars. We taste salty, sweet, bitter, savory. I personally believe the flavors of cigars create combinations that make our minds think we taste chocolate, minerals, nuts, dried fruits etc. That's why one person's experience is unique to them.

I'm also a cigar snob I only smoke a few cigars a week so what I smoke tends to be cuban or premium. I am more likely to simply state I like a cigar than a verbose review.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
My layover hotel has a dedicated cigar room so I had to take advantage of it with one of my favorite smokes.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1772 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
That's pretty solid right there. So where is that?

Posts: 1315 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
I used to, we all did. As Gator pointed out everyones experience is different. I think most of us fall into the snob category and stick to the same sticks, brands and flavor profiles. Ive noticed my favorites change almost yearly sometimes its seasonal, sometimes i get on a cuban kick and smoke nothing but cubans for months at a time.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Milan, the Excelsior Gallia hotel. All Maserati in the cigar room - models of old race cars and modern wheels on the wall. Very cool.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1772 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
Tatuesday.

I ordered 5 of these as a result of seeing this picture and the frequent mentions Tatuaje receives in this thread. Had one yesterday evening with a nice Cab. I don’t know if others would agree, but...LP #9s are extremely hard to come by, this cigar is very comparable—at least to my palate.

Posts: 13237 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
There are a whole mess of smokes out there that are a better price than the Liga 9s, with similar tastes. Try Crowned Heads Yellow Rose or Tennessee Waltz, they are both same blend just different sizes and sold in different markets, tatuaje broadleaf collection or any tat with a broadleaf wrapper are a better bargain as well. Jamie garcia TAA i believe emersons has some in stock, or Jamie garcia anniversary smokes, they all use a broadleaf wrapper. I am sure I'll think of some more later on.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Crowned Heads Le Careme, tatuaje La riqueza are a couple more.

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Jay

Posts: 13237 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
The Tat above has an ecuadorian habano wrapper. I prefer the habano wrapper over the Connecticut broadleaf. The Tat reserve and LP use broadleaf. There are lots of Tatuajes use the habano wrapper.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
In the B&M store today and all the talk of Tats had me grabbing this Verocú.

First time for me, and I’m liking it so far.

Plato

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Verocu is a good one. The Capa Especial are really good too if you can find them.

Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
The cigar stores here are all closed today so I’ll have to wait until tomorrow to get some Cubans.

In the meantime this Avo Uvezian will do nicely!

Cologne, Germany

Plato

Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
And now an Alec Bradley Prensado down by the river. This is one smooth smoke.

Plato

Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Question for you guys that are much more knowledgeable on Cubans than I am.

My favorite Cuban so far is the Partagas #2. I know I can get those tomorrow. Any recommendations for something similar?

Also any requests? I can grab a bunch and send them out when I get home.

Plato

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Try the Partagas E2 and the Diplomatico #2

To insure real Cubans shop at La Casa De Habano. Most large cities have one or more. Lots of fakes out there.

Posts: 12918 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jeff. The place I go to is Peter Heinrichs, a well-established tobacco shop so I’m not too worried about fakes.

I’ll pick up some E2s and Diplomatica #2s tomorrow.

Plato

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
That’s a great store.

Posts: 12918 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
I'm fond of the partagas maduros, Hoyo epicure #2, epicure deluxe. If you find an LCDH store most with the LCDH second band are awesome. Uppman royal robusto Is my favorite.