SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Let me know when you smoke that Carb and I'll tell you what I thought of it.

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
The first cigars I smoked were Rum Crooks. I was a college student on a tight budget, and the Crooks were inexpensive. I remember them with some fondness. Of course, they aren't in the same league as the cigars that you folks smoke, but I wonder if any of you have any positive memories of them. I've been thinking that I'd like to give them another try.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cigars International tonight and smoking a LFD Double Ligero maduro DL654. I picked up quite a few new to me sticks tonight. Fuente Don Carlos, Diesel Rage Shorty, Flathead Piston, and the monthly special...Montecristo White Series, Platinum Series and a Churchill for $15!

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
The first cigars I smoked were Rum Crooks. I was a college student on a tight budget, and the Crooks were inexpensive. I remember them with some fondness. Of course, they aren't in the same league as the cigars that you folks smoke, but I wonder if any of you have any positive memories of them. I've been thinking that I'd like to give them another try.

I don't know that I've ever heard of them before now.. For me, I remember smoking Cojimar vanilla cigars with a similar nostalgia. I'd get a handful for all the guys to smoke during our long Friday lunch breaks when I was framing houses.. They defiantly weren't high end smokes, but the "event" made them good. You aught to try the Rum Crooks. They might bring back more memories than you realize.

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Its a Cohiba kind of morning, very smooth and creamy. Goes great with a cup of coffee.

What a great, quick little smoke. Not very complex but it had 2 very distinct flavor profiles. First half is very smooth creamy and full of cocoa and coffee. Tastes just like it smells almost like a candy bar or a cup of coffee. The second half picked up alot of pepper and spice, it hits fast and surprised me with how potent this little stick is. A good way to start the day, would pair well with coffee, a stout beer or even a very peaty scotch. The first half be a little bland or underwhelming for a strong drink but the second half makes up for it.

One thing that stood out was it didnt leave an overwhelming flavor or odor with me. Very clean tobacco flavor, I didn't feel "stinky" afterwards. They named the size just right (secretos) or secret/discreet.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Evening all,

Tonight's stick is The San Christobi De La Habano (courtesy of Mr. Yarchin). Just puttering around my garage and it seems the perfect stick to do so with.

Easy draw, slow burn, and well constructed- 1/2 inch ash so far, perfectly even too.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Hope you enjoy it! That one is called El Principe and it is a Minuto.

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Obsidian Black nub while working in the garage this evening. I got the garage door tracks hung, next are the springs and cables for tomorrow. I'm already thinking of what to smoke then.

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
Let me know when you smoke that Carb and I'll tell you what I thought of it.

Mowed the yard and decided now is the perfect time for the Carburetor. Only about a half inch of burn so far but I like it! Leather, a nice cocoa/molasses mix and a hint of white pepper so far.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Smoking this little gem tonight. Thank you John!

Lee, I did not care for that size in the Flathead. Though it was full in body, it lacked the flavors I get out of the smaller sizes. I think for me, the wrapper plays a big part in the flavor, and with the bigger guage, it is all filler.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
HA!

I've got the same stick lit right now!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great minds think alike! I'm getting pure tobacco flavor with pepper. Damn good stick!

Picture of Flash Ninja
posted Hide Post
Just finished a H. Upmann Banker. Great mellow smoke with good cream notes. Little pepper on the retrohale. Paired great with Left Hand Milk Stout.

Picked up a Don Pepin Garcia My Father sampler today. Now to age them a bit before trying them all!

Don Pepin Garcia My Father Sampler by Nathan Latsha, on Flickr

----
We don't need no stinkin' badges.

Posts: 2075 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
My only complaint with the Carburetor was that it took too long to smoke. My fault though, I brain farted not thinking about it being a 660.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flash Ninja
posted Hide Post
Hmm they have it listed as 6 inches by 60 ring. Never tried one. Sounds like a beast!

----

Posts: 2075 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Quite the beast and quite a slow burn for a box pressed stick. In my experience those usually burn a shade quicker than normal. I missed a great opportunity to have a glass of some bourbon/whisky with it.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Warped Wed

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4785 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flash Ninja
posted Hide Post
Opus X Lost City by Nathan Latsha, on Flickr

Tried my first Opus X out yesterday. Lost City Toro. Had this one aging in the humidor. Wonderful smoke. Cedar, boldness, bit of cream. I don't think I'll collect more of them anytime soon. For the price per stick I'd rather increase my ISOM collection.

----

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Those are definitely some high dollar smokes. Not sure I'll ever pull the trigger on one unless I win the powerball.

Picture of Flash Ninja
posted Hide Post
Haven't won the powerball yet, but I have stayed at a Holiday Inn a few times. Big Grin

----