SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
Jeff I love your ashtray. Have always wanted one from Hotel Nacional de Cuba.

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Jeff,

When you have some time, would love to read your take on this article that posted in my local newspaper today.

A visit to Cuba shows the cracks and strengths of its system

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12304 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
Cigars can quickly become a hobby of sorts, collecting, buying and smoking them becomes addicting really quick. When i first started smoking cigars I was reluctant to purchase boxes since i had nowhere to store them. My wooden humidors filled up faster than I could smoke them. Looking back, I wish i wouldve have spent the money on a good wineador early on. If the heat in Ms is anything close to Texas them I'll bet your/his house stays in 73+° range. Which can be a problem for desktop and Tupperware humidors.

The CC 100 is a great little wineador and it maintains temps and humidity really well. NewAir CC-100 250 Count Cigar Cooler https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N..._apa_i_ZvPeBbSRVY4AG

Using heartfelt brand beads maintaining humidity is as easy as spraying them a couple times lightly every 2 months or so.

Jay and everyone who took time to reply - my wife has decided...... and after reading your replies and looking at all of the options she blew our budget and ordered the unit that Jay recommended in this post.....

My son will be estatic and he is worth the extra minimal cost without question...Headed to my second job now to pay for this beauty.....Thanks again guys....Mark

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
He is lucky to have parents like you and your wife Mark.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
That's really cool.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12304 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
You want to adopt a middle aged, heavy set, cigar smoker.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4784 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
I’m on the porch enjoying one of my favorites, a Ramon Allones Specially Sellected, fresh from the refrigerator.

Cuba freezes all exported cigars to kill tobacco beetle eggs. Cigars purchased in Cuba are not frozen.

To eradicate the bastards and avoid a hatch in my humidor I placed my boxes in ziplock. They go in the fridge for 24 hours, freezer for 48 then back in the fridge for 24. After that they are safe and go into the humidor.

Edited to add: the sticks from my Karma went through this regiment so they are safe for your Humidors.

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tatuaje Pudgy Monster Jason this afternoon. I've had this for a few years sitting in my humidor. What a difference from when they were fresh!

There will be no services for my Grandfather as that was his wishes. I was able to see him to say what I needed to say. It is difficult but each day is getting better.

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
This evening I am smoking a Pistoff Kristoff trying to relax a bit. We lost a great man this morning as my Grandfather passed away. A farm boy, Navy veteran, Reading Railroad/Conrail welder, welder for the Reading Fairgrounds racetrack. He worked on cars for customers in his shop in the back yard. Worked on farm equipment in the area for local farmers in their fields or barns. He taught me so many things. We rebuilt a 1932 Ford Model A engine together for someone he knew. We worked on a lot of cars, trucks, tractors, lawn mowers together as well as anything else that needed to be done around the house and shop. He was a great man with a huge heart. Poppop, I cherish the time we had together. Until we meet again. I love you, ya bum.

petr

I missed your post the first time around. Very sorry to read about the loss of your grandfather. It's been nearly 15 years since I lost mine and I still think of him often. Like you Peter, I learned many life lessons from my Papa, I wish you many years of great memories and stories to pass down to future generations.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
Thank you John. It was difficult walking into the shop this time. I've done it countless times before. It was silent, but I knew he was there.

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Very sorry for your loss Pete.

posted Hide Post
Thank you Jeff.

Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
Thank you Jeff! My sticks just arrived. That jumbo looks great. Is that supposed to be similar to a Monte 80th?

Posts: 1312 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
I do not think is is intentionally.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Cherokee, SnS invite sent. You should get an email from SnS, not from me.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
Cherokee, SnS invite sent. You should get an email from SnS, not from me.

Thanks Jay I'm in Smile

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Awesome.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Jeff, sent you a msg on fb about the trip, if you have a moment...

Sounds like a great trip

Petr sorry for you loss...

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you HRK.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Tatuesday.