SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Got any cigars with two bands?

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure i do. I have some with a single yellow ribbon on the foot and no band.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
Got any cigars with two bands?

LOL

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12325 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
Wanna sell a 5ver Ronin?

COme on guys, you know I don't "sell" sticks. It's either an instant karma or a fun trade! More to follow!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12325 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Generalizations
Are False
Picture of md-lucky
posted Hide Post
These hauls. You guys are the best worst influences in the world. So many great choices.

Trying something new tonight. Very very new.

Ok I don't know much about pipe smoking... new experience I had to try. Very different. Something new!

"At best, the assault weapons ban can have only a limited effect on total gun murders, because the banned weapons and magazines were never involved in more than a modest fraction of all gun murders." Department of Justice study conducted by Jeffrey Roth and Christopher Koper

Posts: 2339 | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
What kind of tobacco did you try? I want to try sometime, I have heard good stuff about virginia tobaccy. Anyone know a cheap place to start?

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Coffee this morning...

Followed later this little maduro powerhouse...

And finally this...

Posts: 680 | Location: East of the Rockies | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
What kind of tobacco did you try? I want to try sometime, I have heard good stuff about virginia tobaccy. Anyone know a cheap place to start?

SF member Pipe Smoker had a couple of fantastic threads over the years on pipe smoking. See if you can find them, or post a 'Pipe Smoker courtesy phone' thread in the lounge. I learned a lot from him.

Posts: 12920 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Generalizations
Are False
Picture of md-lucky
posted Hide Post
The tobacco was "Frog Morton on the Boyou"

The pipe and the tobacco was a gift, so I had to give it a shot. I don't think I packed it well enough. It took a lot of matches. Once it was going it wasn't bad though. I could see me keeping it around for shorter smokes.

I think I got one of those joke exploding cigars tonight:

I got this guy in a cigar trade and I think the humidity was all kinds of wrong. Not sure exactly what happened here, but I've never had one come apart quite like this. I let it go out and cut behind the explosion, and it did the same thing again. Glad it wasn't something I spent a lot of money on.

"At best, the assault weapons ban can have only a limited effect on total gun murders, because the banned weapons and magazines were never involved in more than a modest fraction of all gun murders." Department of Justice study conducted by Jeffrey Roth and Christopher Koper

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by md-lucky:
The tobacco was "Frog Morton on the Boyou"

The pipe and the tobacco was a gift, so I had to give it a shot. I don't think I packed it well enough. It took a lot of matches. Once it was going it wasn't bad though. I could see me keeping it around for shorter smokes.

I think I got one of those joke exploding cigars tonight:

I got this guy in a cigar trade and I think the humidity was all kinds of wrong. Not sure exactly what happened here, but I've never had one come apart quite like this. I let it go out and cut behind the explosion, and it did the same thing again. Glad it wasn't something I spent a lot of money on.

If a cigar is exposed to a quick change in relative humidity say, going from 50% to 80% in a short timeframe, upon drying back, the wrapper will often times crack or "explode".

Not saying that's what happened to yours, but could explain it.

Posts: 680 | Location: East of the Rockies | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Generalizations
Are False
Picture of md-lucky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gnut629:

If a cigar is exposed to a quick change in relative humidity say, going from 50% to 80% in a short timeframe, upon drying back, the wrapper will often times crack or "explode".

Not saying that's what happened to yours, but could explain it.

I think you're right - but I keep my humidity closer to 67%. I think it was just a bit dried out when I got it. I probably could have caught it before it went into the humidor but missed it.

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I am nowhere NEAR an expert, but maybe you could bump your humidity level up closer to 70%? If this is the first stick you've had do this, them maybe your setting of 67% is fine, but I've always kept mine at 70% with nary an issue. I'm sure if you ask 5 different cigar smokers about humidor humidity, you'll get 5 different answers... Smile

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
I am nowhere NEAR an expert, but maybe you could bump your humidity level up closer to 70%? If this is the first stick you've had do this, them maybe your setting of 67% is fine, but I've always kept mine at 70% with nary an issue. I'm sure if you ask 5 different cigar smokers about humidor humidity, you'll get 5 different answers... Smile

You would be correct. We had this discussion about a hundred pages ago! Lol! Humidity depends on the cigar too. Some like it dry and others like it moist. I keep my humidor at at 67 or 68, though there is a chart out there I was going to ask about.
https://vigilantinc.com/cigar-...-and-temperature.php Anyone follow this rule?

I am smoking a Viaje birthday blend. It tastes like a birthday cake!

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
That was discussed here before and I believe that is why i keep my humidors at 65-66 rh, we keep the house at roughly 72 so its always 73° in my humidors.

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Being in Houston, it's damned near IMPOSSIBLE to get below 70% in my humidor w/o some real effort...as in let my credo dry out for months. And I never set the a/c below 77-ish in the summer. Yeah...it's warm in my house, but the electric bill stays low. And I use ceiling fans...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Generalizations
Are False
Picture of md-lucky
posted Hide Post
Holy cow. I can't imagine having the problem of too MUCH humidity. Right now in the house we are sitting at 35%.

I've got 16 320g Boveda packs in my "wineador" to keep things right. Smile

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Erj pilot, the 65 or 66 boveda packs work great, also use a smaller moisture source.

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^
Copy that...thanks Jay. I'm running an "old school" credo in a Montecristo humidor and keep it charged with distilled water on a monthly basis. It runs right at 70% humidity and gets a little lower only when I forget to charge it. So far, so good lo these many years. I've had that humidor setup since late 2002/early 2003. Given what y'all are saying, I won't worry too much if the humidity dips to 67%.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

In honor of this great day! What a speech by Mr. President, Donald J. Trump.

Cheers to all my brothers and sisters of the forum.