SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Anyone buy sticks on EBay?

I was looking for the Tatuaje dress boxes (assuming empty) and found boxes and boxes of sticks for sale....which I thought was a 'no no', but I laughed when I kept reading and found that EVERYONE of the boxes have this disclaimer:

– The value of the item is the collectible packaging, not the tobacco itself.

– Even though the package has never been opened, the tobacco inside is not for consumption

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Finally got a Man o War Immortal. It started out heavy on the black pepper but about a third of the way through settled into a nice balance with leather and cedar. Trading for a Ruination tomorrow!

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Buddy of mine is a Marine currently deployed on a ship. He ordered one of those cheap humidor/cigar deals and asked for help once they arrive. Here is what I told him...did I miss anything?

Well considering you are currently ocean bound, I don't expect that humidity should be a problem. Yours in a unique situation - here is what I recommend:
- wipe down the inside of the new humidor with the wipes
- put the sticks in the humidor along w/one boveda packet You should probably be fine ... same goes when you get back to San Diego

- in fact you may not even need additional humidity out there - A few things to be aware of:
- Don't store anything but cigars in your humidor (lights/cutters/etc can go somewhere else)
- Check your sticks once in a while...take a gentle bite on the end of one...crunchy? needs an extra packet (unlikely in your situation). But...if it is really soggy, or your stick won't stay lit, it may be too humid.

One thing you want to order is a quality digital hydrometer...don't trust the analog ones, they don't work well unless your conditions never change. Are you going to be able to smoke on ship? If so, the more sticks you can put in the box the better.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Ronin
I find it sketchy that the boxes are for sale with no protection for the buyer. If they arrive in poor shape eBay will likely not be of any assistance. Also for me the fact that they are on eBay means they were acquired by someone who likely planned on reselling them, so who knows how they have been stored. If they were a cigar connoisseur would they be selling them on eBay or more likely to friends, or in a cigar forum. One could join a number of forums and only participate long enough to get selling status and put them up and get the prices listed on eBay.

As far as your friend, i would only add that you should ask if the humidor seals properly. If it is a glass top those are notoriously poorly sealed around the glass. There are instructions on the web for sealing them. Another test is to close a dollar in the box and try to pull the dollar out. If it easily slides out it doesn't seal well. Not much you can do for that other than be aware of it. If the cigars stay to moist dry out a boveda in an oven on the lowest settings possible then place it in the hummidor to suck up moisture. If the cigars are to dry may need more boveda packs. If it seals poorly, open it as infrequently as possible or tape it with painters tape.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4784 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Ill add something. Wait a couple hours after wiping down the humidor before putting the stogies in. Let the cedar soak up that stuff then leave it open, let it air out a bit, for about 30 minutes.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
petr...I just wanted to thank you for recommending the best smoking cigar I've ever had!! Even better than the Cuban or two I've spent too much $$ on!!!

Enjoyed my first Serie N Glorioso last night around the fire pit. In summary, deliciously satisfying...it smelled and tasted as good as it looks! And I didn't even have any Crown Royal!! Smile

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Robusto sized cote d'or coming in march! Robusto are my favorite size, they seem to have the perfect flavor and smoke production, also means we get another release of cote d'or every year.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
http://halfwheel.com/latelier-...&utm_campaign=buffer

posted Hide Post
Ejr, I'm glad you enjoyed it. If you want something a little fuller in body and a buck or two more, try the CAO Flathead Camshaft or Sparkplug. They will not disappointed either.

Jay, The Cote de Or will alternate sizes every other year. Last years size will be available the year after next and the robusto after that again. Unless Pete changes his mind, but that was what he told me last time I spoke to him.

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
E Stunner tonight after spending the day in a great class on victim selection and doing disarms. Founders Dark Penance was up to the task of not being drowned out by this cigar. Big and fat and one strong sucker.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Finally got a chance to smoke my first Man o War Ruination. I rank this second only to the Armada. Excellent full flavor!

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Smoked a gorgeous Partagas Black Label maduro saturday.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
The Monkey, and some of its friends arrived today. I will make time to smoke the monkey this weekend and give a review. Thanks again Ronin.

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Undercrown robusto on a 57° day. Smile

posted Hide Post
CI had some Tatuaje 10th anniversary Belle Encre Friday when I went up. I grabbed one and am smoking it now. Oh how I missed a daily cigar!

The house is coming along nicely and I have been there just about every day working on something. Today I tried to install a light. Electrical is not my thing and I don't really understand this wiring at all. I have no white, common wire, for the light to hook into. The two that are there, one is painted black and the other is "hot". I gotta do some reading and find my book!

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
The Monkey, and some of its friends arrived today. I will make time to smoke the monkey this weekend and give a review. Thanks again Ronin.

Glad all arrived safe and sound!

Enjoy.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Members of this thread share a fun hobby/lifestyle. Many of us have sent instant karma's to each other, and I thought it would be fun to try a Secret Santa (cigar related) this year. Everyone reading this thread is invited to participate. The rules are simple. Gifts need not be expensive; $20-30 should do it, but should be cigar related. Sticks, books, or some other interesting gem you can think of. Gifts should be mailed to your designated target in time to arrive by Christmas.

As this isn't your typical Secret Santa, you don't have to disclose your identity to your target, which just adds to the fun! Those who wish to participate should send me an e-mail with your name and mailing address. If you have a target in mind let me know. I will pair you up and disseminate the target list. Should something go awry and you participated but didn't receive a gift let me know. I will make it good. Time Hack-- you have until Tuesday December 15th to submit your name and info. Assignments will be sent out Wednesday morning the 16th - If anyone has questions, send me a note and I'll answer in this post...BUT do not post your address or preferred target here in the clear; that information must be sent to me via email.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ronin1069,

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Great idea Ronin, email sent.

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Members of this thread share a fun hobby/lifestyle. Many of us have sent instant karma's to each other, and I thought it would be fun to try a Secret Santa (cigar related) this year. Everyone reading this thread is invited to participate. The rules are simple. Gifts need not be expensive; $20-30 should do it, but should be cigar related. Sticks, books, or some other interesting gem you can think of. Gifts should be mailed to your designated target in time to arrive by Christmas.

As this isn't your typical Secret Santa, you don't have to disclose your identity to your target, which just adds to the fun! Those who wish to participate should send me an e-mail with your name and mailing address. If you have a target in mind let me know. I will pair you up and disseminate the target list. Should something go awry and you participated but didn't receive a gift let me know. I will make it good. Time Hack-- you have until Tuesday December 15th to submit your name and info. Assignments will be sent out Wednesday morning the 16th - If anyone has questions, send me a note and I'll answer in this post...BUT do not post your address or preferred target here in the clear; that information must be sent to me via email.

Email sent..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Perdomo champagne noir, on this rainy night. Just bought a Christmas tree, and im getting the smoker fired up for burgers and bacon wrapped jalapeño poppers.