SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
^^^good advice.

Usually the starter set humidors leak. You can just use tupperware with beads....easy and cheap.

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Anyone ever had a Roma Craft Genetic Deformity? If so, how was it?

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Speaking of humidors, I just bought my ...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

Posts: 1 | Registered: February 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
OK, this is no way to enter this forum. You registered here...why? Because you have an interest in firearms? Doesn't look that way. As a matter of fact, looking at the email address in your profile, it looks like you came in here just to hawk your own products. The portion of your post I edited out points to products on a website, of which you just happen to be the admin.

You need to understand something- this forum is not about the buying and selling of stuff, and if you're going to be a member here, you really need to understand this. Registering for this forum, just so you can come in here and promote your website- nope, ain't gonna fly.

What's it gonna be?

We have plenty of members who sell this or that, but they come in here because they have an interest in firearms, and in the course of day-to-day discussions, it comes out that they have a website of their own, in which they sell this or that. That's perfectly acceptable, but what you're doing is not that.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
So the cigar thread seems to have stalled. Jay, Ronin, Jeff, Erj_pilot, Cherokee, everybody else how have you been.

I am enjoying some spring weather an R&J SC some good bourbon, and a baseball game. Work has been a real shitshow, daughter got diagnosed with a lifetime disease that is manageable, both kids doing well in school, and son playing baseball like he loves the game pitching well hitting like a beast.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4785 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Thanks for bumping the thread.

All is well here. We are currently traveling in Texas.

posted Hide Post
I have not smoked anything new in quite some time now, so I haven't posted. I will be going to CI's Cigarfest in May and hopefully will have some new cigars and reviews.

Other than that, life has been trudging on. Ups and downs, waiting for the weather to turn to work around the house and go golfing.

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I'll try to be more engaged as well. Wife and I splitting up after 20 years....very sad. Very sad.

Did not intend to bring it up on the open forum, but it seems for the most part it's the same folks who come in here....almost our own little private club.

Since it is an open forum though, I have to be careful what I say for now. Email is always in my profile.

Be well gents....I'll do better now that the snow is gone and I can begin to smoke outside again.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Ronin, sorry to hear that. I split with the wife of 9 years about 18 months ago.

Life does go on, although it is hard to see sometimes.

Weather is nice enough here in D-F-and-W that I've sat outside and had two cigars this week. Nothing new, just burning through my ridiculously overstocked humidors.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1768 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I finally managed to get my humidor somewhat stabilized at 65-70%, but as I can only smoke outside, I haven't lit one for too many months.

Maybe in a couple weeks.

Ronin, so sorry to hear about your trouble. I've been there myself, although my divorce was over 35 years ago. It was pretty scarring, and I never remarried despite several "close calls."

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
John, I am sorry to hear. If you need to vent, my email is in my profile.

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
Was gifted a bottle of Buffalo Trace Bourbon this week. Looks like that and a C.L.E. Habano are on tap for Saturday.

JC

Posts: 1267 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to read this Ronin...wishing you the best.

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone!

I appreciate the inquiry, Gator! It's been a busy year or so. I transitioned over to United Airlines from ExpressJet in September of last year and that was busy...still is. Guess I should change my handle to B737_pilot. Big Grin All I'm waiting for now is the premier of the final season of GoT. Smile

Sorry to hear about your pending split, Mr. Ronin. I really hate to hear that.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Between cutting back due to cost, weather, etc I haven’t been burning many sticks lately. I keep up with the goings on here though. Sorry to read of your troubles Ronin.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
i had a nice Davidooff this weekend, i could not drink, so I chased it with apple juice..I have been buy my new (and never tried before) cigars from atlantic cigars because they sell them individually rather then by the box. i did buy a dozen macanudos , they are my go to smokes

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3315 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed one over the weekend.

It was my usual go-to. A Macanudo Crystal Cafe'.

Not real exotic, but I only smoke a handful every year and I have never been disappointed.

Ronin1069, I have no words of wisdom for you, but I do wish you all the best.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't smoked cigars in a while since they began to aggravate my allergies too much. But I passed by my local cigar lounge of old recently and decided what the heck - time to try again.

So here is what I bought (one of each before jumping back in) - not having researched beforehand but with some guidance from someone working there. I was looking to stay with cigars more on the mild side.

1. Oliva Serie G (I smoked these a lot back in the day)
2. A Curivari Buenaventura Crema
3. San Pedro De Macoris (Ecuador Corona)
4. Cornelius & Anthony Aerial
5. Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short

I'm looking forward to sitting out on the back patio tonight with either some scotch or maybe even a Crown and Pepsi (the kind made with real sugar).

The temperature will be in the low to mid 60's tonight so it should be enjoyable.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Enjoy, it's nice that the weather is getting nice enough to enjoy a cigar outside.

I'm having a crowned heads Las calaveras.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4785 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
Great time of year before the humidity kicks in down here. Had a good little Monte 4 on my afternoon dive charter today. Tomorrow is a garage sale so hopefully I'll get to have two sticks. One with coffee and another around lunch.

Posts: 1312 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post