SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
Nice!

I had a VR Fomasos last night. Man was that good.

Posts: 1312 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Glad this thread is still alive. I had a VR habano last week that was really good, add to that a Nat sherman 85th anniversary which was fantastic.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried a Torana Dominica that I got in a CI humidor special today. Couldn't keep it lit, it burned unevenly, but I'll say that when I could keep it going it was a pleasant taste. Only smoked about half of it before giving up.

Next on the list, I think, is a 5 Vegas Series "A" from the same humidor special. Might be a few days, though, as we're kind of busy.

I have to figure a better way to fill my Colibri Firebird lighter, too. I think there's too much air in it, and not enough fuel to support a good flame, and in fact it wouldn't light at anything less than all-the-way-open. Guess I'm used to Zippo lighters.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did you purge the air out? Just push that insert piece down with a knife point or something. You’ll be able to tell air from the fuel.

Posts: 1312 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I know I have to do that. There's a lot of air, but there's also a fair amount of fuel in it that I don't want to splatter into the air. Maybe I can do it outdoors.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just finished purging and refilling the lighter, and it definitely took more fuel this time! It also lights better.

Now all I need is some time to smoke a 5 Vegas, or maybe a Rocky Patel, since I got some of them a couple weeks back.

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Ramon Allones small club corona. Hope everyone is enjoying a smoke this weekend.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23243 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
That's really light.

posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
Should be a law of physics or sump'n.

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I don't post much to this thread but do smoke about 5 cigars a week.

One of the harder to get Fuentes is the Anejo, I just got notified that they released some. This is one my favorites, I ordered a box of the 46. They don't last long and only release twice a year.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sunday was a good day. Smoked a Ramon Allones Specially Selected and a Liga Privada #9 in the afternoon. Looking forward to Thanksgiving as I have a VR Don Alejandro lined to escape the in-laws for about 2 hours.

posted Hide Post
I'm sitting at the Polynesian resort at Walt Disney World smoking a Fallen Angel from quite a few years ago. A well deserved vacation!

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sadly, the last night of vacation before the long drive home. I am celebrating though with a Cohiba Nicaraguan I bought at the resort here. $20 for this here. Uhg, I can't wait to get back to normal prices for everything!

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a beautiful Fallen Angel, petr. Nice shine to the wrapper, smooth and well-cut. CI carries them, so I'll get a sampler next time I order.

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

posted Hide Post
Had a very nice Monte PE this afternoon. I really do enjoy those.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steelcityfishanddive:
Had a very nice Monte PE this afternoon. I really do enjoy those.

I really enjoy this one as well.

Posts: 680 | Location: East of the Rockies | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I assume you're talking about a Montecristo, but what's a PE?

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
I assume Petite Edmundo. Which is a very good Cuban

Could be Professional Engineer, Physical Education or something else. Who knows

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Platinum edition?