SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
They are not bad for the price, but I wouldn't go out of my way for one. With that said, it is more of a medium body smoke with relatively little flavor change throughout. They are constructed well and burn well, but if you are used to a full bodied A. J. this may not be for you. If however you want a medium stick to build your palate up to full bodied cigars this is one to get you there.

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any opinions on the Nica Libre Toro? I'm not a cigar smoker, just looking for something to try:
https://www.cigarsinternationa...ro/2003846/#p-155777

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
I have never tried one but I hear they are a decent smoke.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We'll find out in a week, just ordered some.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Thought i would give these another go. Been about 6 months.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Nica Libre is a decent cigar. I got some in the Fat Camp sampler from CI and was pleasantly surprised.

Jay, I have found that the longer an Opus ages the better. I smoked one fresh and was horribly disappointed. So much so that the other one sat in my humidor for about 2 years. What a different animal! You need will power to sit on them but they do get much better with age.

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
This one was a world apart from the first one out of the box. I'll try another in 6 more months and see how they are. The second half was really good.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
The Nica Libre is a decent cigar. I got some in the Fat Camp sampler from CI and was pleasantly surprised...

Thanks! I didn't get an e-mail order confirmation from CI, and they closed early today, so I couldn't talk to them. The sale price is gone from the website now, but their regular price isn't real bad. Sale was 10 for $25, regular is 20 for about $64. If I like it, I'll get more.

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

posted Hide Post
Well, here's a nasty surprise: I found out the delay in replying by Cigars International was because they have another company conduct a background check to verify buyer's age before shipping. Their recorded message said that placing the order attested to my age, and never said they were going to give my information away without my authorization.

I cancelled.

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
Well, here's a nasty surprise: I found out the delay in replying by Cigars International was because they have another company conduct a background check to verify buyer's age before shipping. Their recorded message said that placing the order attested to my age, and never said they were going to give my information away without my authorization.

I cancelled.

From CI's website:

Age Verification

Why do we verify your age?
We do not sell our products to anyone under the age of 21. We use a non-affiliated third party company, Veratad Technologies, LLC, to verify that you are who you say you are and to confirm that you are 21 or older.

How does Veratad’s Age Verification work?
Veratad Age and Identity Verification Solutions Veratad’s AgeMatch Age Verification services use multiple trusted data sources containing billions of public records to return an age validation based on the personal information you submit. This service is specifically designed to validate and protect your identity while maintaining the highest level of consumer privacy when processing online transactions.

Access to the public records allows Veratad to validate the information you provide and in some cases, depending on the nature of your purchase, to present a series of multiple choice questions based on non-credit related (“out-of-wallet”) historical facts about you. These facts are obtained by instantaneously scanning billions of public records from trusted data sources containing information that would not generally be found in your wallet if lost or stolen.

Is the information I provide secure?
Veratad’s secure 256 bit encryption technology ensures the safe delivery of the information you provide online. In addition, Veratad does not store your sensitive personal information or share (or sell) any data with other third parties. This practice assures you that unauthorized parties cannot gain access to your sensitive personal information.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^
I didn't see that. Found the cigars I wanted, then called Customer Service, where I got the outgoing message that placing the order was verifying my age. CS didn't warn me about it, of course, or I would have stopped the deal.

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Had a bunch of good cigars lately.

Thanks Gerry the HdM epi #2 was great reinforces my love of these.

Also had the skyflower, construction and burn were perfect, it had that nica harshness but in a good way, it was only harsh on the retrohale so it was controllable and it made the other flavors pop.

CH TAA 2017, good flavor but everyone of mine has had a shitty burn.

Last night was a cohiba siglo III it was from a 2009 box code it was very good.

Today a Monte #4 very good as usual.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4785 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Gator you need to update your pic hosting account. At least thats what your avatar says.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
All my 17 TAAs have had an uneven burn also. The skyflower is a unique smoke for sure. The 3 ive had were all slightly different.

posted Hide Post
I found a place with Nica Libre Toros that asks for an adult signature for their first delivery, so no background checks. I'll order some from them Monday. Too bad I won't get the sale price CI offered, but if I like the Nica Libre, their box price is the same.

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Testing

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4785 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Test passed

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
While these TAA are getting better the longer they sit, tge burn is ridiculously bad. This one got so bad i had to torch an inch or so of it.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Happy independence day Brother. May we never forget what this day is about.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Happy 4th!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post