SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
No expert here, but I've heard that the Cuban export cigars are frozen before they leave Cuba. Should be OK to put them in the humidor.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by furlough:
Hey guys, just got back home from the trip where I bought all those Cubans in Germany.

Do I need to stick them in the freezer for a few days or are they good to go right into the humidor?

Thanks!

Were it me, I would not think twice. Yes.

The only Cuban sticks I don't do that to are the ones I buy online...from the same supplier for years and have never had a problem.

Mr. Yarchin may have a different opinion.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Trust your impression of the source. What was the store like. You should be able to tell how they were stored.

Cuba does freeze exports prior to sending.

I'm not a huge fan of frezzing. I think it dries up the natural oils on the tobacco.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4785 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input guys. The store I purchased them from is very reputable - the original Peter Heinrichs in Cologne. I'm going to skip freezing the sticks and put them right in the humidor.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1768 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
I agree, not necessary to freeze stock not sourced outside of Cuba. Everything exported gets frozen.

Some guys freeze everything, especially those that have suffered a beatle infestation. The eggs so t hatch unless the temp hits 75F or above. I keep mine in the low 70s.

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Sunday greetings fellas! Tapping into my haul from Peter Heinrichs!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1768 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
Jeff, please send me your address.

Posts: 1312 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steelcityfishanddive:
Jeff, please send me your address.

email sent, thanks brother.

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Have had a few of these in the humidor for a couple of years.

So far so good, not peppery or spicy at all.

Plato

Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Package arrived today Brian. Thanks. Haven't tried those yet.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
So, I run a service business.. just me and I'm doing some work for a guy earlier this week.... when I get done and paid he says he has something for me. Seems in our discussion I commented on his pipe collection... thousands... and he explained he had stopped smoking cigars a number of years back to smoke a pipe... and he still had some moderate to good cigars in his humidor.... and he decided to let me have some....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hope you enjoy them Jay.

That's a nice little tip for job.

Posts: 1312 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Great Googly-Moogly!

I hope you like cigars!

quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
So, I run a service business.. just me and I'm doing some work for a guy earlier this week.... when I get done and paid he says he has something for me. Seems in our discussion I commented on his pipe collection... thousands... and he explained he had stopped smoking cigars a number of years back to smoke a pipe... and he still had some moderate to good cigars in his humidor.... and he decided to let me have some....

Plato

Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Thats quite a gift, i dont recognize anything but I like how they are bundled.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
A Tat TAA 2016 for this evening gents. Enjoy your weekend!

Plato

Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:

Nice! I have two in the box; saving for a special moment. How was it?

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So get this. I traveled up to Pittsburgh yesterday for a wedding this weekend. Packed my LBT medium load out bag and used the cable TSA lock they sent with it. Upon picking up my bag from luggage in PGH, I find the lock to be damaged. The last tumbler basically spinning freely. At the hotel I opened my travel humidor and see I'm missing a stick. They left the Connie A, Epicure Especial, Partagas Maduro, Oliva Melanio and T52 flying pig. Decided to take the Liga 9 Toro. At least they left my new Colibri SV cutter.

posted Hide Post
Fucking thieves!!!! I'm sure you would have given them one if they could have asked you.

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
quote:

Nice! I have two in the box; saving for a special moment. How was it?

It was great - consistent burn and smooth flavor all the way through.

Plato

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Interesting choice in the cigar they took.

I'm having a TAA tonight as well.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4785 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post