SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jay. I’ll keep my eye out tomorrow.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1768 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
I am with Jay on the Partagas Maduro No. 1 as well as the Partagas D No. 4. Montecristo Petite Edmundo is another

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
I have had a few of these and they are consistently good.

JC

Posts: 1267 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
I've had a couple of the MF Las Antillas Maduro and liked those. I have one stick of the Le Bijou 1922 to try out still.

Jay, I'm also a fan of all those sticks you listed above. I finally tried my first Partagas Maduro after letting them rest for a bit and it was very good. The stick I tried had sweet chocolate notes to it.

Posts: 1312 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Today’s haul from Peter Heinrichs.

Now the hard part - what to smoke first!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1768 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Ahhh, who am I kidding. I knew what I would go to first!

Plato

Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Those Open eagle with some age on them are fantastic, you can getboxes pretty damn cheap too, if you are patient enough to age them.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jay, I’ll let those age a while.

Plato

Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Called Hiland's Cigar the other day to reorder Padron 1964 Exclusivio Maduro, was told they are in very short supply due to political problems in Nicaragua. This is not good news and I'm guessing it will be an issue with other brands, too.

Wonder when I'll be able to take a picture like this again?

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone interested in some trading for a box, less two, of Rafael Gonzalez petite corona code SOM May 2016. Just aren't doing it for me. They weren't expensive so no crazy trades or full value needed. Figured maybe someone would want to try these. My email address is in my profile.

I ran a quick dive trip yesterday morning and was able to enjoy a RyJ Exhibicion #4 while they were down on their first dive.

Posts: 1312 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Hey Steel sounds like a few mailbox bombs would be great for that box.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Viaje Summerfest has easily become my Cigar of the year. I started with a 10 pack, then quickly found 2 more boxes and bought all the singles I could find. Ended up with 101 of them total.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Jay I had a summerfest probably 2013 or 2014. It was one of the worst cigars I've ever had. Up until that point I like Viaje and smoked them quite regularly, I don't think I've had a viaje since my experience with that summerfest.

It was 2013

https://halfwheel.com/review-viaje-summerfest-2013

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4784 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
2015 was a new blend, though I found 10 from 2012 that have a similar profile as the 18. Whatever they did they got it right for me. I can send you a couple if you like.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Oh. Just read the halfwheel review. Prior to 2015 everything Viaje came from Raices Cubana, in 2015 they moved to the aganorsa factory. They are now rolled and shipped under EP Carillo and Casa Fernandez (now called Aganorsa) and use only aganorsa tobacco.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I try all kinds of stuff from casa Fernandez and I keep wanting to like it but I rarely do. Warped guardian of the farm is the only cigar they manufacture that I regularly buy. I recently tried La Palina's Nicaraguan offering and it was okay nothing special.

Thanks for the generous offer but I'll pass. I am out of room for cigars. I have to be on a buying hiatus till the tat sns kits arrive so I have room for that bundle. After I got a Winedor I told my wife I wouldn't have Tupperware cluttering up the place. Apparently she is going to hold me to that.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4784 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
I forgot the sns kit was coming soon. Thanks for the reminder.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
Hey Steel sounds like a few mailbox bombs would be great for that box.

Thanks Jay. I still have your address from before. I'll try to get this out sometime between today and Monday.

posted Hide Post
If any of you guys would like to try some of the RG petite coronas, email me with you address for some karma sticks.

Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Hey guys, just got back home from the trip where I bought all those Cubans in Germany.

Do I need to stick them in the freezer for a few days or are they good to go right into the humidor?

Thanks!

Plato