SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post

Guess where I was today?

I picked up this Verocu, 2- My Father #2, a Tatuaje Nicaragua Cojuno, an Oliva V nub, and a King is Dead the Last Payday. Not a bad haul and this Verocu is VERY good! Very similar to the Pudgy Monster Chuckie, which is what I was looking for.

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
I think $20 a stick is a bit steep for a box. If you were talking a 5er, maybe.. Maybe it's been the sticks I smoked, but I've never been super impressed with La Aurora. I would also agree that with that kind of age they are bound to be very mellow/mild.
The sticks I smoked today were great! The Jericho Hill continues to impress me. Every one I've had has had a perfect burn and draw. Subtle notes of citrus, a woody and earthy flavor that is really prominent, and tons of spice.
The 10th anniversary also is one that I can't get enough of. Leather, cocoa, and a spiciness that really comes and goes in a great way. Yum! If you guys didn't know by now, cigars are great!

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
<sni> Ronin, I have not had any experience with those cigars. Did you have any before? They are double the price than what is listed on halfwheel. For $20 each, they better knock your socks off. Like, the Pepin 10th anniversary stick knock your socks off!! Then again, for half the price, you could go with the Man O War Virtue and be about the same strength and flavors too. Tough call to make without trying one first.

Petr: they are $20 because they are the actual sticks released in 2004 (in sealed boxes) not the later version that the Halfwheel review is based on.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gotcha, but $20 per stick is my upper threshold. It better be damn good for that price and would sample one before you buy a box. I have not had one yet, but the My Father 5th anniversary is $25 each and I hear it is amazing. $25 each though. Depending on what I grab, I can get 2-4 good cigars for the price of one of those. Do they knock my socks off? No. But they are still good cigars.

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Yeah - I bought a single, just to see. But after buying the can of Tat's above, the recent box of Rocky 15's, splitting a box of TAA's, and then an upcoming Drew Estate event, I think I had better hold off for a tad on new sticks.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Casa Cuba tonight. Wow are these great. I'd compare them to one of my all time favorites, Fuente Hemingway. Mild but perfect burn, incredibly tasty right to the nub.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yesterday after work I lit up a Tatuaje Pudgy Monster Tiff that I had in my humidor for 11 months. Meh. I still like the Chucky better, but it was still good.

Today I am sitting out under a cloudless sky smoking a Camacho SLR maduro after a trip to the Dr. to have my wife's engagement ring cut off and then replacing the thermostat gasket on my truck. What a weekend it has been!

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Gator - smoke one of the TAA"s yet? I'm letting them rest from their long trip -

Going with one of my remaining 2008 Tats this afternoon!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
WOW!!!!!

My first Cubans!!!!!

Thank you to Jeff, for sending some unbelievable cigars to me a couple of weeks ago. After two weeks in my Humidor, I decided to enjoy one toady, after a long day of working in the yard.

All I can say is THANK YOU Jeff!!!!!

I smoked one of the Ramon Allones and really enjoyed it. It was a departure from the Mac and RP I usually smoke. It shared some of the things I like about my usual, but had a bit more flavor (not sure if that is the right word).

Based on Jeff's recommendations, I feel like this was a good one to start with, based on my past smoking history.

Thank you Jeff, I look forward to enjoying the rest of the cigars you sent.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
It is about to be a wonderful evening. Surely Smoke paired with a Tatuaja 2008.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
WOW!!!!!

My first Cubans!!!!!

Thank you to Jeff, for sending some unbelievable cigars to me a couple of weeks ago. After two weeks in my Humidor, I decided to enjoy one toady, after a long day of working in the yard.

All I can say is THANK YOU Jeff!!!!!

I smoked one of the Ramon Allones and really enjoyed it. It was a departure from the Mac and RP I usually smoke. It shared some of the things I like about my usual, but had a bit more flavor (not sure if that is the right word).

Based on Jeff's recommendations, I feel like this was a good one to start with, based on my past smoking history.

Thank you Jeff, I look forward to enjoying the rest of the cigars you sent.

Glad you enjoyed it Steve! That cigar is definitely one of my go to's. I have one almost every day. It's called a Ramon Allones Specially Sellected....a Robusto. I taste dark chocolate, almond and citrus with these.

The other RA I sent is a minuto. It is much stronger than the Robusto...all chocolate and cedar, at least to my taste buds.

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
A friend gave me a Dominion Black Lotus-- which I had never heard of. Does anybody know this cigar? What should I expect?

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Nice cigars guys.

Ronin
I am having a 2015 TAA it's spectacular. I really wanted to have to wait on these but they are great. I really loved the 2011 I always thought it was the best TAA of them all and this is the same blend and size. I will argue it's the best non Cuban cigar I have ever had. I going to have to really fight the urge to buy more of these.

Paired it with a old Rasputin imperial stout.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4785 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
It takes a full flavor cigar to match up with that brew!

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Not only did the cigar out power and dwarf the old Rasputin but I followed it with a north coast old stock ale 2014 and it dwarfed that as well. The old stock is 11.8 ABV and it normally is pretty strong for me, but it still didn't put up a match to the cigar.

I will say the draw could have been slightly better but time at 65%rh will correct that. It is also it little warm and humid out 79/70.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4785 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Much needed today!

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Nice one Pete! I'm about halfway through my last Diesel Wicked. I recommend this to anyone that wants a quality burn and loads of flavor without being heavy on the palate. It'll go through every flavor profile you could hope for but manages not to get muddled and confused from the combinations.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with the Wicked. They are great sticks as is quite a few from A.J..

This evening is Tatuesday and am celebrating with this

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
How's it burning for you Pete. I have had issues with those being rolled to loose and burn real quick as well as other burn related issues.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

posted Hide Post
It was rolled tight. So tight I needed to punch it a couple times. It burned for 1hr 45min with one touch up. The flavors were lacking a little bit though and the Verocu is better in my opinion.