SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on retirement, though I am sorry for the medical reason. Also, thank you for protecting and serving. As was said,you can find a bunch of options for that price range. I would try finding the Fuente Anejo "Shark", but they are 20 for around $360. Of course the Padron Diplomatico is a solid stick. A box of 25 is around $350 though.

I am smoking an Ave Maria Reconquista this evening. They are getting even better as they age.

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Any thoughts on something a little more, ahem, foreign? Behike, perhaps?

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
IMHO spending that kind of coin on Cubans can be risky, they may need a lot of time resting, they may have construction issues. In a box of 25 I feel like I'm doing good if I toss less than 5.

For those reasons I prefer getting a variety.

Personally my next purchase will be Hoyo San Juan box of 10, and Ramon Allones superiors box of 10 both are from 2014 so resting period should be just till they get acclimated.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4784 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Behike

Those are about $50 a piece.

If you really want Cuban's, send me a note (email in my profile) and I'll direct you to a site or two where at least you know the product will be authentic.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goatboyz:
Any thoughts on something a little more, ahem, foreign? Behike, perhaps?

Those are super rare these days. If you can find a box they will be $600-800 which IMO is just nuts. They are a great cigar but not that great.

I'd take a look at the Cohiba Robusto, Piriamides Extra or Esplendido before I'd buy a Behike. ....all great celebration sticks. It depends on what size and shape cigar you prefer.

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Question to my fellow cigar lovers...

What is your favorite Padron and why?

Posts: 680 | Location: East of the Rockies | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Family reserve 50th or #50 maduro. The flavors are unlike any other cigar out there, always a perfect wrapper, construction and draw, no touch ups needed. Its the only cigar that when I'm finished I want to light up another one immediately after. They are a bit pricey but I have never felt like I paid too much for one.

http://www.seriouscigars.com/p...0-maduro-5-x-54.html

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
Family reserve 50th or #50 maduro. The flavors are unlike any other cigar out there, always a perfect wrapper, construction and draw, no touch ups needed. Its the only cigar that when I'm finished I want to light up another one immediately after. They are a bit pricey but I have never felt like I paid too much for one.

http://www.seriouscigars.com/p...0-maduro-5-x-54.html

Good response Jay. I agree with every word.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Had one of these last night:

Of all the La Gloria Cubana's I've had, this one just wasn't it...Color me unimpressed. Flat, flat, flat...ZERO flavor profile.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Had one of these last night:

Of all the La Gloria Cubana's I've had, this one just wasn't it...Color me unimpressed. Flat, flat, flat...ZERO flavor profile.

Mostly Dominican filler and a sumatra wrapper will make it quite bland if you prefer more spice and pepper. The maduro uses a broadleaf wrapper and makes all the difference in the world. Try one.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guys,

I got a letter today from Atlantic Cigar Co. that my identity information from a November 2016 purchase was breached, including name, address and all credit card information. Mad

The have hired a cybersecurity firm for identity protection for 12 months to monitor the breached accounts.

Might want to check your records to see if you had any purchases around that timeframe from Atlantic.

Posts: 680 | Location: East of the Rockies | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
I too have an order from 11/2016. guess I should keep an eye on my shit.

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
Mostly Dominican filler and a sumatra wrapper will make it quite bland if you prefer more spice and pepper. The maduro uses a broadleaf wrapper and makes all the difference in the world. Try one.

Thanks Jay!

The La Gloria Cubana's that have been superb are the Torpedo No. 1 Maduro (probably my favorite), Serie N Glorioso (a nice fatty), and then the Serie N Generoso (nice smaller smoke). Also of Serie R, I had a No. 6 Maduro (think it was a 6) and it actually wasn't too bad.

Thanks for the heads up on Atlantic Cigar, gnut. Fortunately most all my on-line purchases come from JR Cigar with one order coming from Famous Smoke Shop.

Toughest decision today.....what to enjoy tonight. 1st-world problems, eh?? Smile

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
I got a letter from Atlantic today too. Keep an eye on your credit and Credit cards. Use a credit monitoring service.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Got my letter from Atlantic also.

Had a brief but very scary event at a baseball game tonight. A major storm rolled in it sounded like a train coming through the trees. I yelled to the ump "we got to go" everyone ran for the field house. I got separated from my son. I chased the group to the building. A woman lost her daughter so I helped her find her.
I came home roads blocked by down trees, pouring rain traffic accidents.

I'm going to have a beer and a cigar.

This passed over

This is a good inexpensive cuban ($6) and it's pretty tasty. It's called a Vegueros

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4784 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Gator,

Scary stuff! You get an "A" for situational awareness, great job getting everyone off the field.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
Gator,

Great job getting everyone out of harm's way. We had a storm roll through my area as well but not as bad as what you had.

Glad everyone is safe.

posted Hide Post

This evenings choice

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I'm running low on 'everyday sticks' and have found myself breaking into cigars I've been storing. Today I found a box of Fuente Añejo Shark's that I've been holding for a few years...what a great stick, the dark smoke reminded me of roasted peanuts.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
Fuente's are like wine, the longer they age the better they get. I have a 12 year old Cuban classic in my humidor at the moment.