SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Seaplane to the Dry Tortugas National Park 75 miles west of Key West. Snorkeled snd toured Fort Jefferson.

Tonight I'm having a Tat TAA 2016, the 2017s will be out late next month.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4785 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Cant wait for the 17s. Has the blend/wrapper been disclosed yet? I have enough broadleaf in my humidor and dont need anymore.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
They are the same blend every year, only the vitola changes. This year goes back to the 2014 size.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4785 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Thats a bit of a letdown. I really liked the 2013 which had a different wrapper. I know it was also an anniversary for Tatuaje but i heard rumors this year would be a similiar blend to the 13.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
The 13 was just the brown label (seleccion de cazador) with a closed foot.

No doubt a great cigar and one of my all time favorites.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

posted Hide Post
La Flor Dominicana Reserva Especial tonight. Supposedly the Andelusion Bull with a different wrapper. Damn good smoke. Not quite as good as the Bull but still good.

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
In the backyard now with a Monte Cristo White.

I forget who told me that these were good morning cigars, but you were right!

Also GA Gator I am remiss in not telling you earlier how incredibly perfect that picture of the floatplane tied up to a beach is.

My dream has always been to get a good plane and just fly around the islands and tie up and start mixing rum drinks when I get to wherever I am going. Of course my dream has a big-ass Grumman Goose in it so we can all sleep wherever we tie up!

I am a slacker though and have not gotten my seaplane rating yet. I suck.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1768 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Old Camacho Havana. Smooth sweet flavor with a hint of pepper

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I am having a Tat drinking age.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
I've always went for the Padron maduros, hard to beat that cocoa and coffee flavor. Got this one in a sampler and what a nice change. Salty and sweet.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Thanks for this smoke Ronin it's very good. Smoking perfect. Definitely Full strength, definitely box worthy any idea of age?

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks for this smoke Ronin it's very good. Smoking perfect. Definitely Full strength, definitely box worthy any idea of age?

Yes. That box is from 2009. I've got about a dozen left and find they only get better with age.

So very glad that you are enjoying it!

To add - I have a buddy who knows Pete (Tatuaje)pretty well and was told that this years 'swag box' is going to be the best ever. We'll see!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I want the Tatuaje club shirt he wore at the ipcpr, it looks kind of like the Havana Club rum label.

I also want the summer 5 pack they are going to sell through the club.

The Petemas were awesome, problem is there website makes purchasing a real bitch. I took me 5 days to get two Petemas packs.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
I hate all the trolling on the sns forum. No clear answer on when they will release the summer packs. Will we get an email?

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Another offering from Drew Estate--the Kentucky Fire Cured MUWAT. I was a bit put off by the camp fire smell the cigars imparted to my humidor, but they don't taste that way and it's really a pretty nice smoke. Give one a try.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
I've had a few of those. They start off good but get a bit too smoky for me. I wouldnt keep them in your humidor with the rest of your smokes. Unless you really like that campfire taste.

Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Cool - in Memphis the local shop has these and I have been wonderig about them. I will try one tomorrow, but thanks for the tip of not putting them with other cigars.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1768 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Question from a neophyte -- I got a 5-pack of Nica Libre Toro's, and it looks like they got compressed into a rectangular shape. In the pics on CI's website they look round. I assume this is due to storage in a plastic bag rather than a box.

Will they return to the round shape over time, if I leave them in the bag? I'd hate to try smoking one and have it fall apart on me.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Almost certain that Nica Libre is a box-pressed cigar.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Almost certain that Nica Libre is a box-pressed cigar.

I don't understand. Does that mean they are normally rectangular? Keep in mind, my 5 were in a plastic wrapper, not a cigar box.

CI's website says they are pressed, I assume that means box pressed as you suggested.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post