SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post

My first HK! Overall its "OK". Shoots like a nice Glock but nothing like the butter feeling of a Sig lubed with grease!

“Everybody's got plans...until they get hit.” Mike Tyson

Posts: 280 | Location: OC, CA | Registered: January 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear about the divorce John... Thats shitty.

In general, I've been on the forum less. It was kinda acting like a black hole and I have just felt much less engaged here than in years past. I started a restaurant that we closed for a number of reasons. That was a yuge time sink while it was open, and its still monopolizing a lot of my time.

I hope everyone is doing well and the days are getting warm enough to get out and conduct some "controlled burns" as we like to call them.

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I’m an irregular contributor to this thread, but I certainly “know” Ronin well, hope that you get through this mess OK. Twenty years is a long time to invest in someone and then lose it; be sure to reach out by email (then phone) anytime you feel the need.

The weather has been a roller coaster here. Earlier this week we had another honest-to-God blizzard. Snowing (hard) again last night. Not exactly conducive to sitting outside enjoying a smoke. The day before the blizzard it was in the 70s and I grabbed a RP Decade. There are certainly lots of brands of cigars that I think are better, or more enjoyable, but for just consistently good, I think RP has a lot to offer.

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the kind words gents. We told our twins last night (age 16). I will always remember Friday the 12th of April as the day we broke our children’s hearts.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12304 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
just want to wish you the best Ronin, hope it works out to be "friendly" and the kids don't suffer.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by UTsig:
just want to wish you the best Ronin, hope it works out to be "friendly" and the kids don't suffer.

Josh asked last night, “whose side am I supposed to be on?”

It made me feel so good to be able to tell him “there are no sides. Mom and I have made every decision about this as a partnership and we will continue to do so. You will never be asked to choose.”

He was so relieved.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12304 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Saints and Sinners going up to $175. Offering 2 extra cigars and CRA membership....

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
Damn!!

Cigars International is having Cigarfest this weekend. I will be attending on Saturday and it couldn't be soon enough! My humidor is in the "Danger Zone".

John, I still owe you that cigar. Is your address the same? I need to get it to you sooner than later!

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
John, I still owe you that cigar. Is your address the same? I need to get it to you sooner than later!

It is good sir.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
Since Cigarfest was a couple weeks ago, I have a variety again. This evening's choice is a San Lotano oval press. Not too bad, but not really picking anything out of it either.

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
Myself and five other buds are headed to the Drew Estate Barn Smoker event this Saturday. I went last year and throughly enjoyed it. The sticks they give you are well worth it.

Posts: 1312 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
How about Neptune Cigar Company?

Does anyone use them?

What are your opinions???

Thanks

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
I've used them in the past to order smokes that I couldnt find anywhere else, a bit overpriced, but otherwise ok.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No affiliation with Neptune Cigars...I'm just a very satisfied customer. I've ordered from Neptune Cigars since 2005 and have always been happy with their service. They ship very quickly (same day or next day) and include a water pillow with each shipment to keep humidity stable. I have never received a damaged stick from them.

With regards to their pricing, although I have never used it, they have a price-match guarantee.

They also have a pretty generous reward program called Smoke Rings.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: choang3,

Posts: 597 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: September 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Feels like summer Smile

PSD4, box code JUL 14. I love these, my all-time fav

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
The state of Utah has banned the on line sellers from shipping here. This is not good, I've had two orders rejected in the last week. I know that it was always illegal to bring in tobacco, just like liquor, but it was never enforced. Maybe a lot of states have the same policy but don't target the actual businesses.

I'll find a workaround but it'll sure be inconvenient! This wouldn't be so bad if we had B&M stores locally. I think the nearest cigar store is probably 120 miles away in Las Vegas!

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First, Mitt Romney, and now this? Eek

Sorry to hear it's happening.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by UTsig:
The state of Utah has banned the on line sellers from shipping here. This is not good, I've had two orders rejected in the last week. I know that it was always illegal to bring in tobacco, just like liquor, but it was never enforced. Maybe a lot of states have the same policy but don't target the actual businesses.

I'll find a workaround but it'll sure be inconvenient! This wouldn't be so bad if we had B&M stores locally. I think the nearest cigar store is probably 120 miles away in Las Vegas!

I'd be happy to order your sticks and then ship them to you. I do get a company discount on shipping. Smile

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1768 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
If you are on facebook there are plenty of sales groups that are priced as well as if not better in some cases than most online retailers. They will gladly ship to you.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys for the offer and the heads up on FB.
I'll probably ask a friend in IL to help out, if that doesn't work I'll be back.